dgeesio

are people trying to make the SA to friendly?

my mouse wheel cries when drinking at ponds or water pumps

I believe if dayz made the zombies 2x harder and made 100000000 of them walking around I think they'd find that middle ground for people to play pve and for those that love to kill players for nothing.

Who's gonna waste there last 10 bullets on a player if they have 500 zombies they might have to fight off for a can of beans.

I have no insider knowledge, but that is likely the plan.  A lot of the perceived problems with the game would fix themselves by the AI improvements they're working on.  They can't add hordes of zombies, because the current iteration can phase shift through walls and floors.  Once they get that all fixed, I suspect that there will be a substantial increase in zombies and they will add some new drama to the game.

yes making guns more rare and ammo to cut down on killing/KOS ? there are other things being mentioned aswell. is dayz slowly being turned into a mormon zombie project ?

some would love us all to hold hands and play together nicely but do the majority want that ?

some of the newer ideas /gameplay does seem to be trying to make people not kill each other .

what are your thoughts on this do you want a friendly dayz ? is dayz becoming to soft ?

Making guns and ammo more rare isn't just to reduce KoS, it's to make this game any challenge AT ALL, because right now it's incredibly easy and you can find guns and ammo after  5 minutes of mindless searching. 

Also calling people who want to reduce KoS "pussies" is something that a total retard would say, because people who want to reduce KoS aren't pussies getting killed, they are people who want to make DayZ more realistic. 

KoS is a part of the game and always will be, but what's happening in the game right now went too far. (camping coast and killing freshspawns who literally JUST spawned, etc)

Edited by Gdaddy22

Things will change in time. At the moment Chernarus is simply a gladiatorial arena with a few zombies chucked in for testing purposes. As the game continues to be patched and developed it will also be fleshed out and there will be more to it. As it is now, survival is simply way too easy but this will change and people will have to concentrate a bit more on just living in the environment, they will have less time to hunt players. When vehicles are implemented I suspect coastal survival on high pop servers to improve.

• Like 2

Right now the game is only fun for KOS'ers and others who don't see a problem. I don't get why KoS'ers think people who want options infringe on their game. Nobody is taking kos'ing away from you, you'll still be able to kill everything you want to your heart's content. But not everyone wants to play the game like you do. So the idea is to give others some options. Right now, the only option is to play the game they way YOU want them to.

Making guns and ammo more rare isn't just to reduce KoS, it's to make this game any challenge AT ALL, because right now it's incredibly easy and you can find guns and ammo after  5 minutes of mindless searching. 

Also calling people who want to reduce KoS "pussies" is something that a total retard would say, because people who want to reduce KoS aren't pussies getting killed, they are people who want to make DayZ more realistic. 

I agree. Not only that but who is a KoS'er to tell me how I should or shouldn't play the game. We all paid for it, why does it only have to be fun for you? Can I also have fun? And not on your terms? Not the way you think I should have fun? Just because KoS'ing is the thing now doesn't mean that's what the designer had in mind and that's how the game will be in the end. That's what YOU think it should be because you like it that way.

Edited by jan3sobieski
  • Like 3

It's not just about KoSing people. You should really take your own advice on "Try to see both side of the coin". It is about the freedom we have in the game to do whatever the hell we want.

Changing the entire game which is what is suggested most of the time will result in those "KoSers" and players who just want to play a decent "non-carebear" game being forced into dealing with certain unrealistic/annoying PvE restricting elements that hinder/punish PvP. Nobody is against having PvE servers as long as it is not using the public hive.

If separate hives are implemented for PvE and Free servers, then nobody will care. I'm pretty sure some PvE servers will begin popping up when private server hives are available, so it is pretty much covered already.

i do see both side, sorry i did not included more in this post, (no BSing, a post before this , in another topic, i mention the problem of PvE and public hives). 

It's the same the other way around as well. Walking Dead "friendlies in Cherno?" roleplayers protesting every time someone proposes to add a battle rifle or anything that isn't a gun made before 1860 is pissing in our cereal, too. Stupid propositions like safezones and even planetary rotation for making sniping harder, whilst bullet travel time and accuracy already are quite inaccurate and unrealistic already. Plus, a lot of people are saying there need to be more incentives to group up, but guess who've already got a group? Most bandits. Friendlies should simply put more effort in getting organized BEFORE they rush into the game. Like getting a clan or at least organize a group with TS using the forums or something.

We should meet somewhere in the middle, but no one is giving in even a cm.

i agree is the same on both side 

Right now the game is only fun for KOS'ers and others who don't see a problem. I don't get why KoS'ers think people who want options infringe on their game. Nobody is taking kos'ing away from you, you'll still be able to kill everything you want to your heart's content. But not everyone wants to play the game like you do. So the idea is to give others some options. Right now, the only option is to play the game they way YOU want them to.

Because any of the options people suggest that DO remove/inhibit player killing does infringe on the game we paid for. Private server owners may be able to modify the game to their liking, but I'm sure most of the people who bought this game planning to play public were expecting the "hardcore" aspect hyped about as well as a similar/expanded experience of DayZ Mod. If many of the anti-KoS suggestions were implemented, it would be impossible to KoS or cause negative effects that punish killing.

Not everyone wants to play a game where they can be killed at any moment... then those people should have researched a bit more before purchasing DayZ. Even then, they can just wait until Private Servers are up and PvP:off servers are available. If you can't handle the "hardcore" aspect of this game, wait until those servers that cater to your kind are up and running.

Not all of the suggestions given on this forum were extremely bad, but most of them from what I've seen are deliberately focused on preventing players from killing other players. These are the suggestions that always get shot down.

Nobody is forcing you to play this game killing anyone else you meet. This is just how alot of people have decided to play this game. Why should they be punished? Nobody is punishing you for being a "friendly!!!!!", but it just so happens that playing this way makes it easier for others to put bullets in your ass.

Edited by MystoganXIX
  • Like 2

actualy nope.

howigotthemask.jpg

friendly neighbourhood watch... to be fair..he tried to run away....

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Not everyone wants to play a game where they can be killed at any moment... then those people should have researched a bit more before purchasing DayZ. Even then, they can just wait until Private Servers are up and PvP:off servers are available. If you can't handle the "hardcore" aspect of this game, wait until those servers that cater to your kind are up and running.

Not all of the suggestions given on this forum were extremely bad, but most of them from what I've seen are deliberately focused on preventing players from killing other players. These are the suggestions that always get shot down.

Nobody is forcing you to play this game killing anyone else you meet. This is just how alot of people have decided to play this game. Why should they be punished? Nobody is punishing you for being a "friendly!!!!!", but it just so happens that playing this way makes it easier for others to put bullets in your ass.

I think we agree with each other more or less. I'm not sure of all the suggestions that were thrown out to to fix this. I was agreeing with the suggestion of having PvE and PvP servers separately, where one can choose what type of gameplay they want. PvP servers will be the same as they are now, so how are they getting punished? Options, all we want are options. Right now there is only one, the KoS way or the highway and when KoS'ers use arguments like this (i'm not saying you're one):

then those people should have researched a bit more before purchasing DayZ. 

it just infuriates us because it tries to assert that the KoS'ers know better because that's how the game is now in its alpha stage. Or because they played the mod and that's how it was there too. And because it was released like that then that's how it should be. Like if they were privy to some secret knowledge passed on to them from Rocket himself that that's his vision. That this is the final design. It's not, at least I don't think it is. The game is, can be, and will be so much better. In my opinion the mod did not turn out the way he wanted and this was one of the reasons he created this, based on the original design but better. 

Edited by jan3sobieski
  • Like 1

The only reason i play this game, or any other game is to improve my character and COMPETE with other players, otherwise its boring as fuck.

Go back to COD please.

Go back to maplestory please, oh wait i think maplestory has pvp so thats too hardcore for you. Maybe Hello kitty island adventure will do.

Edited by SageZ

Because any of the options people suggest that DO remove/inhibit player killing does infringe on the game we paid for. Private server owners may be able to modify the game to their liking, but I'm sure most of the people who bought this game planning to play public were expecting the "hardcore" aspect hyped about as well as a similar/expanded experience of DayZ Mod. If many of the anti-KoS suggestions were implemented, it would be impossible to KoS or cause negative effects that punish killing.

If getting shot in the face isn't punishment i don't want to know what you consider a punishment.

Edited by Gandolaf

harder zombies sounds great, and maybe another type of enemy? maybe giants or something where players have to work together to take them down.

If getting shot in the face isn't punishment i don't want to know what you consider a punishment.

...getting shot at is part of the damn game.

Getting some stupid ass debuff from "sanity" when you kill people is a punishment as it is not a part of the game.

Edited by MystoganXIX

...getting shot at is part of the damn game.

Getting some stupid ass debuff from "sanity" when you kill people is a punishment as it is not a part of the game.

And i never said it wasn't.But saying "nobody is punishing you for being friendly" is just plain wrong.

• Like 2

Filthy runner deserved it.

harder zombies sounds great, and maybe another type of enemy? maybe giants or something where players have to work together to take them down.

I hope you were being sarcastic

yes making guns more rare and ammo to cut down on killing/KOS ? there are other things being mentioned aswell. is dayz slowly being turned into a mormon zombie project ?

some would love us all to hold hands and play together nicely but do the majority want that ?

some of the newer ideas /gameplay does seem to be trying to make people not kill each other .

what are your thoughts on this do you want a friendly dayz ? is dayz becoming to soft ?

Everything is supposed to rare, including guns and ammo and before the last change DayZ was raining M4s and ammo like the free candy van just pulled up.  

And when they made those spawn changes as well, everyone started complaining about how they couldn't suicide until they spawned near Balota and couldn't fully gear up immediately after spawning.

Carebearing works *both* ways.

• Like 3

actualy nope.

howigotthemask.jpg

you think thats bad?? we tagged down freakin wonder woman (sorry for the low quality, my pc is crap)

2cz361z.jpg

• Like 3

And when they made those spawn changes as well, everyone started complaining about how they couldn't suicide until they spawned near Balota and couldn't fully gear up immediately after spawning.

hehe, i didn't know that's why they where killing them selves, that's just funny 

maybe giants or something where players have to work together to take them down.

LOoooooL Most hilarious post in this thread. wtf haha

Yup, some people would like to see more interaction in dayz, less kos and more bandits business. But since most of the kos defender (on this forum at least) insults the guy who suggest something instead of explaining their views, you will not see a lot of them.

The fact is the dayz community and dayz itself is not easy on new player, which is ok, for the game part, but not the community part. Showing some understanding and sharing tips don't make you a pussie, that show that you have a brain and know how to use it.

If you really want dayz to stay as it is, an anti-game really hard on new players, then help the new players to enjoy the game as you do. That not rocket science.

• Like 2

Actually, I think PvP is a great aspect of the game; it should, however, not be the only playing style. I would love to see some further encouragement of cooperative play, no one should be able to survive on his own for long during a zombie apocalypse. However, friends should be able to betray you, to stab you in the back just as you've hit the jackpot and strangers should be able to randomly kill you and rob you. Without it, much of the tension would be gone.

Personally, I'm a friendly player. I've only shot a player once, at the Elektro fire station, after he randomly started beating me with his fists. He even had a baseball bat strapped to his back, so I suspect a suicide by proxy. (Why else would you attack an armed player with nothing but your fists?) However, I have pointed my gun at over 30 other players, just to make sure I was at the right side of a friendly meeting going wrong. Sometimes I rob them, sometimes I give them stuff (if they're new spawns), sometimes we just talk or wave at each other.

I don't think this game is particularly hard on new players, I haven't played a game online since Starcraft and haven't played much campaign either. (Sniper Elite, but that's about it.)

Edited by Quick Ben
  • Like 1