dgeesio

are people trying to make the SA to friendly?

What's much more likely is that people who like DayZ will continue to play DayZ, and people who like other kinds of games will do something else. 

• Like 2

Roleplayers and the Walking Cliche-fanclub trying to force role-playing as THE way to go, and anything that might obstruct roleplaying and their imaginary boundaries should be banished. 

Like I said a thousand times by now, I don't want 10 shotguns, a couple of bolt action rifles and 10 type of 9mm pistols to be 99% of the weapons in DayZ. So boring...

Though ammo should indeed be more rare, people forget that once AK-74's and 47's get added, we'll see 5 spawns of 3 ammo types at NWAF, instead of 15 spawns of m4 ammo.

All to ironically the game isn't just about PvP either, so get you're facts right as well. Shit can go both ways buddy.

It's as much about "pvp" as it is about anything else. There is nothing that is more-about than "pvp."

People compete over resources that they can't share. Someone wins and someone loses. Someone survives and someone dies. 

• Like 1

What's much more likely is that people who like DayZ will continue to play DayZ, and people who like other kinds of games will do something else. 

I don't know, you tell me. Seems to me, the KoS approach is present in hundreds of other games out there, whereas survival games with a huge map such as the one in DayZ actually doesn't exist elsewhere. Rust has a small map, L4D I won't even compare as that would be an insult, The Walking dead is just funny... and that's about it. Do you want me to list all the FPS/TPP games where the point of the game is to just shoot/kill other players?

...getting shot at is part of the damn game.

Getting some stupid ass debuff from "sanity" when you kill people is a punishment as it is not a part of the game.

You have no right to judge what is a part of the game and what is not, that's the development teams job, whether you like it or not if they add it in you're stuck with it until you quit.

• Like 1

You have no right to judge what is a part of the game and what is not, that's the development teams job, whether you like it or not if they add it in you're stuck with it until you quit.

But it is part of the game. There is judgement made even right now. The choice is yours to shoot or beat to death whomever you like. That isn't the development team's job to decide, as this is the initial option they've left up to us. This is what makes the game good. Even if they decide to implement measures to counteract those decisions, I think that the choice should still be glaringly obvious to do what it is you want to do. If this game were to sacrifice any of its base hardcore nature for anything else, it would fall into obscurity among most other online games that exist, in no time. It's a fragile beast, so lets hope the right decisions are made.

If we are talking about roleplaying why must you be forced to role-play nice? Maybe I want to role play as a lone bandit sniper who waits along the side of the highway waiting to snipe unlucky travellers for their loot? In a post apocalyptic world murder and robbery on the roads would not be uncommon.  Why cant this be a legit means to gear up? Surely a single bullet to the head would not ruin everything including his can opener.

• Like 1

I don't know, you tell me. Seems to me, the KoS approach is present in hundreds of other games out there, whereas survival games with a huge map such as the one in DayZ actually doesn't exist elsewhere. Rust has a small map, L4D I won't even compare as that would be an insult, The Walking dead is just funny... and that's about it. Do you want me to list all the FPS/TPP games where the point of the game is to just shoot/kill other players?

The point of the game is to survive under extremely harsh and dangerous circumstances. 

Killing people is because of that, and also necessary to making it harsh and dangerous. 

The point of the game is to survive under extremely harsh and dangerous circumstances. 

Killing people is because of that, and also necessary to making it harsh and dangerous. 

That's how it is now because zombies are a joke and conditions are not really dangerous.

People will always, and should always, be the most dangerous thing. 

Unless the zombies are always chasing you, and you can't ever sit still, people will always be more dangerous. 

People have self-interest. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain

I think lots of players want DayZ something to be like The walking dead(series), By that I mean getting a group together and recruiting new people or letting people go their own way after a conflict in the group..
Having wars between groups (rick and the governor), also taking landmarks (prison and ''governor town'' ^_^ ) infiltrating enemy camps etc...

The important thing is though, everything should be able to take place in-game (the ''meeting new players and forming new groups with them'')
I think most of the anti-kos people would like to have this in DayZ... What I also see is that group forming is being done outside of the game and I think it should be done in-game..(but yeah it's easier and more safe to ask on forums since you can't KOS there :P )

In the end there should be a good balance between different kind of players, thats also why we see a lot of suggestions at the moment that should reduce KOS.
But I don't think we should have a lot of those discussions about kos at this point, because there isn't really much to do other than surviving and killing players (finding bugs).

I think we should wait at least until there are hordes of zombies in-game, I hope it'll have a big impact on deciding if you really want to pull the trigger just to kill a player.

• Like 1

People can already do exactly what you describe. 

There is no game mechanic which prevents it. 

A group of people can gear up, find new friends, and take over an area. 

However, nobody is forced to do this.

I think dayz needs more zombies. This is alpha and we are lacking in zombies cause of the performance issues but that will not be the case for long. I would like to see an option of dead people turning into zombies, with all the loot that was not looted from them and then wander the place they died. Would be awesome + would make some pvp zones more harder to pvp cause of the amount of the dead players turning into the zombies. People might even try to get people unconscious or disable by any other means, cause killing them would cause more trouble in the long term for cqc in the pvp area. 

Weapons are far too easy to acquire at the moment.  Survival isn't even anything to worry about.  As it stands, this alpha version is a care bear version of the mod, the original mod that is.  What are you guys who all you want to do is pvp gonna do when weapons are hard to find?  The rest of players will be out foraging for whatever food and water they can get while you guys will die starving in a corner of a barracks raging that there isn't any magical loot there anymore.   

Getting full on geared then hitting the coast to kill new spawns sounds real fun. Gotta love pvp..

The best bit about this game as far as I'm concerned is the feeling you get when you spot someone or start getting shot at, such a buzz. You don't get that popping new spawns.

The most fun I've had is during interactions with other people, kos absolutely ruins that.

• Like 1

You sometimes get shot at while you're exterminating new spawns...

It's still a rush. 

Killing players that can NOT fight back isn't PvP, If you want some ACTUAL PvP stay north and fight it out there and let fresh spawns do what they must.

• Like 1

Who said anything about PvP?

Our mandate is to conduct medical experimentation and carry out exterminations. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain

There is no way to stop the PVP no matter what you do.

But if you don't want to take part in PVP you don't have to. Just avoid some areas and play with caution.

PVP is what makes this game great for me, the constant fear of being shot.

Neither is there a game where you can organize your group to lock down a city/road, gun out the driver/inhabitants, take their gear, and use it to create a stash in the woods in a huge map. I want to gear up on other peoples expenses, you don't, I deal with you, you deal with me. That's how a community works. "Claiming" DayZ for yourself and your roleplayer friends won't work. I loved playing the mod as much as anyone else who played from summer 2012 until SA got released, and I loved it more that almost any other game I played before it. There's not even one other game that allows shooting weapons that plays even remotely the same, so stop saying people need to go play BF or COD or some other game people like you keep stereotyping us with. And it's not just the joy of shooting other players. It's the joy of organizing my clan, seeing other people, deciding what we're gonna do (if they're freshspawn or have no loot we want, nor are a possible threat, we don't kill them), ambushing roads with weapons we amassed especially for that situation, killing them, getting their car, loot, etc., figuring out who it was, stashing our loot in a tent. I especially loved the hoarding aspect. Stop trying to make us look like Hurrr durr we shootz coz IQ is below 90!!1!

I think lots of players want DayZ something to be like The walking dead(series), By that I mean getting a group together and recruiting new people or letting people go their own way after a conflict in the group..

Having wars between groups (rick and the governor), also taking landmarks (prison and ''governor town''  ^_^ ) infiltrating enemy camps etc...

The important thing is though, everything should be able to take place in-game (the ''meeting new players and forming new groups with them'')

I think most of the anti-kos people would like to have this in DayZ... What I also see is that group forming is being done outside of the game and I think it should be done in-game..(but yeah it's easier and more safe to ask on forums since you can't KOS there  :P )

In the end there should be a good balance between different kind of players, thats also why we see a lot of suggestions at the moment that should reduce KOS.

But I don't think we should have a lot of those discussions about kos at this point, because there isn't really much to do other than surviving and killing players (finding bugs).

I think we should wait at least until there are hordes of zombies in-game, I hope it'll have a big impact on deciding if you really want to pull the trigger just to kill a player.

Some people indeed like that series a tad bit too much. I find it retarded, roleplaying like that. "Hey who are you, Identify yourself! You're not getting into our town with that gun!" Me: "It's effin Elektro you retard -.- *bang*." I made him pissed, he made me pissed. It's so hard to get along in the same community when you differ that much.

It reminds me of playing house, and I find it just as retarded. About as crazy as those Star Wars freaks who analyze the height of storm trooper actors to decide what scene is canon... (Star Wars is amazing, but really guys?). 

I have a clan, had it for 5 years now, we obviously use Teamspeak, and there is no reason why we wouldn't group up in game. We don't have a reason to interact with randoms, as our group is already big enough. Actually, it's so big that if we don't kill other people for their gear, we would be out of food in no time. (This was in the mod, btw)

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 1

may i throw my 2ct into the hat?

from how I understood the premise of the game:

its all about decisions.

whether you decide to be that murderous sociopath or whether you decide to be a field medic, or whether you decide to be a scavenger.

now, if the game mechanics basically forced you into a certain path, then there would be an imbalance, as your decisions would be effectively limited. but that isnt the case. If you read these forums, you will actually find many accounts fo people enjoying many different ways of playing the game, many enjoyable stories that do not revolve exclusively about "fragging".

infinite diversity in infinite combinations, my friends.

• Like 2

yes e47 that was my worries no path of playstyle should be forced.

Stop trying to make us look like Hurrr durr we shootz coz IQ is below 90!!1!

You're one thing. A rather rare example of organization (if what you're saying is factually correct, that is). The problem, though, is that most people will just outright kill for no other reason other than the fact that you happen to be there regardless of anything else.

• Like 2