Bohannan (DayZ)

I dont understand why there is no AUTO RUN KEY!!!

I think an auto-run key defeats the purpose of accomplishing a long-distance journey; the journey itself, and having to manually perform it, is part of the work required to receive the reward of being at a new location.

• Like 1

I think an auto-run key defeats the purpose of accomplishing a long-distance journey; the journey itself, and having to manually perform it, is part of the work required to receive the reward of being at a new location.

Shhh, some people think this game is World of DayZcraft

• Like 1

I don't understand why people think they need an auto run. I had to crawl through three different towns because of broken legs, don't see me whining.

This game will do one of two things to ya: make you less of a bitch, or send you crying back to your dwarf paladin on Wow. Judging from your need and outcry for a shortcut, I bid you farewell, and good luck with the internet dragons.

• Like 1

Thats it max plank, dont ban the trolls that derailed the thread. Ban the people who get annoyed with the troll, whatever view fits you personally yeah.

Listen you.

If you are referring to McG2, he was banned for breaking forum rules, multiple times, despite being warned about it, multiple times. It has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion.

We have a set of rules and guidelines, we follow those. We also do our moderating openly, nothing disappears but ads, spam, exploits, illegal stuff and cross/double posts.

If you have any further to say to/about the forum team, you are welcome to PM Boneboys or even myself. But you will stop posting about it here, and stay on topic.

Topic is 'auto-run key', the OP wants to know why it isn't there. Proceed.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

Keyboards need a nerf.  Just have the game move for us automatically.  Fucking lazy devs.

You dont have to manually do it, you have to lean something against they key.

Your argument does not make sense, people just create their own auto run features if they want to, you me or irene can NOT stop that.

Adding it in as a feature makes no difference, you dont want to use it, you dont have to use it.

STOP QQ

• Like 1

I don't understand why people think they need an auto run. I had to crawl through three different towns because of broken legs, don't see me whining.

This game will do one of two things to ya: make you less of a bitch, or send you crying back to your dwarf paladin on Wow. Judging from your need and outcry for a shortcut, I bid you farewell, and good luck with the internet dragons.

You're one of the good ones.  Too many people would kill themselves or ask someone who stumbles by to kill them instead of crawling around looking for help or a way to fix their leg themselves.

I think it's part of the challenge and one of the ways this game is so amazing and different from others, but other people want to B-line to the nearest weapon spawn so they can re-enact the Normandy invasion.

It's common knowledge that these forums are completely skipped over by the dev team, if you actually want to get anything out there opinion or feedback wise you need to sign up for reddit.  All these forums are is a safe haven for 90% of people to call each other trolls, say "it's an alpha", and nuthug.  The mods care more about keeping that status quo than actually having any real discussion go on here.  Sad but true, these forums are not worth coming to at all unless you want to read stories or view the gallery.

• Like 1

Keyboards need a nerf.  Just have the game move for us automatically.  Fucking lazy devs.

Your posts are so stupid, you clearly are just a troll with no life.

No wonder the devs do not use these forums, it was hijacked by a bunch of 15 year olds. I think i am actually understanding why they avoid the forums and only use reddit and twitter, because people are a bit more mature on there.

Edited by africanhungergames

If you didn't take 3 minutes to download and figure out how to write a hold W script for crawling through three different towns, you're just lazy and inefficient.  Thinking you're some sort of a badass because you held your w key down for an hour doesn't actually make you a badass, on the internet, dayz, or anywhere else.

Edited by Le Lulz

You dont have to manually do it, you have to lean something against they key.

Your argument does not make sense, people just create their own auto run features if they want to, you me or irene can NOT stop that.

Adding it in as a feature makes no difference, you dont want to use it, you dont have to use it.

STOP QQ

Looks to me like you're the one QQ'ing, not him.  Just sayin'.

• Like 1

If you didn't take 3 minutes to download and figure out how to write a hold W script for crawling through three different towns, you're just lazy and inefficient. Thinking you're some sort of a badass because you held your w key down for an hour doesn't actually make you a badass, on the internet, dayz, or anywhere else.

No son, I didn't do it for an hour, I did it for three.

Don't get your little techno panties in a bunch because I did it the hard way. I don't feel the need to cheapen my experience.

Edited by Ineedscoffee
  • Like 1

Looks to me like you're the one QQ'ing, not him.  Just sayin'.

i'm sure it does look like that to you, probably because you have the mental age of a seven year old chimpanzee.

Edited by Max Planck

Shhh, some people think this game is World of DayZcraft

That sounds great actually! Much better than Call of DayZ. ;)

Your posts are so stupid, you clearly are just a troll with no life.

No wonder the devs do not use these forums, it was hijacked by a bunch of 15 year olds. I think i am actually understanding why they avoid the forums and only use reddit and twitter, because people are a bit more mature on there.

Why are you getting so angry at me?  Because I don't share your opinion?  Also nice job.  You know nothing about me and call me immature yet you're the one bitching on a forum about the lack of autorun.

No son, I didn't do it for an hour, I did it for three.

Don't get your little techno panties in a bunch because I did it the hard way. I don't feel the need to cheapen my experience.

Your previous post reminded me of the time my friend and I were at the Airfield tents in Balota when we both broke our legs trying to maneuver through the barbed wire.  It was night time and pretty dark and we crawled all the way to Chernogorsk trying to get to the hospital.  Sadly we didn't see the zombies ahead of us and then our painful 2 hour plus journey ended.  It was sad times. 

• Like 1

i'm sure it does look like that to you, probably because you have the mental age of a seven year old chimpanzee.

Cut out the insults and personal attacks, this is your last warning. Please note that attacking people you perceive to be "trolls", "fanbois" or "flame baiters" still counts as a personal attack.

• Like 3

Why are you getting so angry at me?  Because I don't share your opinion?  Also nice job.  You know nothing about me and call me immature yet you're the one bitching on a forum about the lack of autorun.

It has nothing to do with opinion, absolutely nothing to do with opinion. It's the way your posts are written sarcastically and the pathetic language you use, the language of a 15 year old, and i already know you are about 24 years old.

Grow up.

Edited by africanhungergames

Your previous post reminded me of the time my friend and I were at the Airfield tents in Balota when we both broke our legs trying to maneuver through the barbed wire.  It was night time and pretty dark and we crawled all the way to Chernogorsk trying to get to the hospital.  Sadly we didn't see the zombies ahead of us and then our painful 2 hour plus journey ended.  It was sad times.

makes you remember of all those times when you said "eh, we don't need sticks"....

makes you remember of all those times when you said "eh, we don't need sticks"....

Ya, this was back when I was playing the mod though.  I've only broken my legs twice in the SA and both times I was packing morphine  :D

Cut out the insults and personal attacks, this is your last warning. Please note that attacking people you perceive to be "trolls", "fanbois" or "flame baiters" still counts as a personal attack.

LOL you guys are hilarious.

These forums are the example people use when showing future moderators how not to moderate.

That's why the devs don't bother with them.

Congrats

I posted something like this in another thread today.  I was walking through Electro and found a stick in one of the apartment buildings.  "I'll never need this shit" (with a nearly empty backpack, mind you) and not 10 minutes later I fell off a 4 foot drop and broke my legs.  My friend laughed his ass off as I crawled off a building to my demise.

This was the first time I broke my legs in the game, and the last time I pass up having at least 1 stick in my bag.

Edited by Mdogg2005
  • Like 1

It has nothing to do with opinion, absolutely nothing to do with opinion. It's the way your posts are written sarcastically and the pathetic language you use, the language of a 15 year old, and i already know you are about 24 years old.

Grow up.

Pathetic language?  Language of a 15 year old?  I don't even... What?

LOL you guys are hilarious.

These forums are the example people use when showing future moderators how not to moderate.

That's why the devs don't bother with them.

Congrats

You seem like a rational person capable of holding a reasonably objective debate.  I'll start growing up now.

Edited by Mdogg2005

I posted something like this in another thread today.  I was walking through Electro and found a stick in one of the apartment buildings.  "I'll never need this shit" (with a nearly empty backpack, mind you) and not 10 minutes later I fell off a 4 foot drop and broke my legs.  My friend laughed his ass off as I crawled off a building to my demise.

This was the first time I broke my legs in the game, and the last time I pass up having at least 1 stick in my bag.

I never knew how the sticks worked.  I thought we needed duct tape but others have pointed out we only need bandages.  So what is the duct tap for or is it more useless junk?

Edited by Caboose187

I never knew how the sticks worked.  I thought we needed duct tape but others have pointed out we only need bandages.  So what is the duct tap for or is it more useless junk?

I guess for now it's useless junk.  But hey, so were sticks until splints were made craftable.