Bohannan (DayZ)

I dont understand why there is no AUTO RUN KEY!!!

Yes and also add auto-aim while you're at it.

They just need to add all the features from WarZ and this game will be perfect.

obvious sarcasm is obvious

They just need to add all the features from WarZ and this game will be perfect.

obvious sarcasm is obvious

War Z aka infestation was the worst purchase I've made on steam yet. LMAO

I use a bottle of my wife's fingernail polish and set it on the W key. 

In the past, i've used stacks of coins, a small hammer, a piece of tape and a dum dum sucker with a phone on top of it haha!

• Like 3

I use a bottle of my wife's fingernail polish and set it on the W key. 

In the past, i've used stacks of coins, a small hammer, a piece of tape and a dum dum sucker with a phone on top of it haha!

Pretty creative. I've heard of wedging a penny in between the w button too

Pretty creative. I've heard of wedging a penny in between the w button too

You are over in Louisville I see. I'm over in Florence, KY (south of cincy)

• Like 1

Its clear that by the amount of people who use alternatives to an auto run key that this feature would be welcomed by most, When you run from cherno to vybor its rare your going to see someone, it takes nothing from the game if you DONT have to hold the w key.

People complaining about this feature are so pathetic. I would love to know how much time they spend of their life holding down the w key while im doing actual stuff in my actual real life and actually pro-active.

Its clear that by the amount of people who use alternatives to an auto run key that this feature would be welcomed by most, When you run from cherno to vybor its rare your going to see someone, it takes nothing from the game if you DONT have to hold the w key.

People complaining about this feature are so pathetic. I would love to know how much time they spend of their life holding down the w key while im doing actual stuff in my actual real life and actually pro-active.

Yeah damn me and my pathetic opinion.  Get over yourself, this is a public forum.  And really?  The whole "I should be able to auto run so I can save a burning school bus full of kittens while I travel to Cherno" thing?  C'mon dude.  Please.

Also when they add roaming zombies and shit in between "hot loot spots" you're going to get killed while your guy auto-runs while you're jerking off doing productive activities.

I don't think it makes any difference, a guy running through fields controlled by someone and a guy running through fields controlled by a computer. Well expect the reaction after they get shot.

oh its this thread again.. ok let me use the forum search... i apologize if this sounded condescending.. well, let me say, that the suggestion of an autorun feature is a recurring topic ( there we go: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/81063-whats-your-autowalk-contraption/ )

i, personally, like individualized solutions:

Dat Knipex

Edited by Sutinen

You are over in Louisville I see. I'm over in Florence, KY (south of cincy)

Every time I go to Cincy I hit up the Florence mall so I know where you are talking about. Nice to know I have more KY brothers than I thought. You get my beans & an automatic friend request. :)

• Like 1

Or you know the dev could add a auto-run key so we don't have to spend a ton of money on a pointless hi-tec keyboard?

Dean wont add a auto run regardless of how much whining and feet stamping takes place, its a ridiculous suggestion.

You dont have to spend any money at all, you can man up and learn to play this game properly.

• Like 1

Dean wont add a auto run regardless of how much whining and feet stamping takes place, its a ridiculous suggestion.

You dont have to spend any money at all, you can man up and learn to play this game properly.

Alright clever cloggs, but unfortunately this is the bit where I have to tell you Rocket was using something to hold his W key down in his latest stream.

There is nothing wrong with an auto-run function. It won't play the game for you, you will likely die if you attempt to use it in such a fashion, but if I want to cross that field while at the keyboard without holding down W then what is the problem? "Man up" you say? There is nothing difficult about holding down W, it is only tedious, especially if you have arthritic knuckles like I do. Following your logic we should remove double tapping for sprint, you should have to mash W with every footstep to replicate how manly you are by running, by your logic this makes the game harder and not just shit right?

• Like 1

Every time I go to Cincy I hit up the Florence mall so I know where you are talking about. Nice to know I have more KY brothers than I thought. You get my beans & an automatic friend request. :)

Haha sounds good to me. "Florence Y'all!" water tower. I live literally 5 minutes from that and drive right by it every day on my way to work.

Nice to know I have more KY brothers than I thought. 

*snickers*

I prefer Astroglide.

• Like 1

just add a yes to auto run or a no option its nothing but choice then.

those that have capable mice and keyboards bind it anyway so why not just let all choose to do it ?

• Like 1

zomg i have to hold my finger on a button for 4 minutes.....

is this the most exercise you get?

shit i cant run and eat these Cheetos's at the same time....

WTF.

• Like 1

zomg i have to hold my finger on a button for 4 minutes.....

is this the most exercise you get?

shit i cant run and eat these Cheetos's at the same time....

WTF.

Why are some of you completely incapable of discussing this issue like adults?

If you want an auto running function, fuck off and play Rust. We don't want you.

If you don't want to discuss an issue why are you on General Discussion? Does "fuck off, we don't want you" apply here too?

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 1

Alright clever cloggs, but unfortunately this is the bit where I have to tell you Rocket was using something to hold his W key down in his latest stream.

There is nothing wrong with an auto-run function. It won't play the game for you, you will likely die if you attempt to use it in such a fashion, but if I want to cross that field while at the keyboard without holding down W then what is the problem? "Man up" you say? There is nothing difficult about holding down W, it is only tedious, especially if you have arthritic knuckles like I do. Following your logic we should remove double tapping for sprint, you should have to mash W with every footstep to replicate how manly you are by running, by your logic this makes the game harder and not just shit right?

Well said, i totally agree.

Pressing a button and holding a button to get from A to B makes no difference at all. If you used it in a combat situation you would wind up dead

Sorry, learn to play this game properly, please elaborate on that you very special boy you.

• Like 1

Still no one has come up with an argument that makes any sense. 

Having an auto run key is nothing like auto aim, it doesnt play the game for you. You cant just hit autorun and walk away from your computer and get to your destination.

You still have to be in control of your character. You still want to be looking around for threats, and you dont want to run off a cliff. 

Holding W has nothing to do with being lazy or making me "exercise". Holding W is a simple action and anyone can do it, so why not have the computer do it. It takes no skill, unlike aiming which requires the person be to be skilled at hitting their target. Holding W requires no skill.

I will keep repeating these things because apparently people can go on for 9 pages and repeat the same silly argument about holding W being a skill and that it dumbs down the game by toggling a movement key.

How about we make crouch a non toggle, and prone a non toggle, raise weapon a non toggle. You would have to hold the key down if you want to stay on laying on the ground, you let the key up and you stand up. That is the EXACT same thing as having an autorun key. All it does it toggle the forward movement. Just as the other keys toggle you being crouched or prone.

Again no skill involved. It doesnt allow the game to be played without player interaction. People already set up macros and jam things in their keyboard to do the same funtion. It is a common feature because it makes sense. It is like having cruise control on your car. You still have to be in complete control of the vehicle, all it does it keeps you moving forward until you decide to stop.

Again, it doesn't get me to my destination any faster, it doesn't automatically navigate the terrain. It just moves me forward by toggling a button. 

Edited by Artophwar
  • Like 3

An autorun button would make my life for my middle finger so much easier.  Especially, since there is no fucking vehicles to ride or drive yet.

• Like 1

I personally want an auto run key. It's the reason I'm not playing right now. I can't bring myself to hold w anymore. I'm pretty much done playing Day Z until they implement auto run. My old keyboard had a macro feature, and the one I am using where I am now won't work with the quarter trick. My life involves a lot of multitasking. I literally can't play now. I've managed to create a script for running, but I'm worried it will get me banned. It's silly that they aren't adding an auto run feature in a game which is such an enormous time sink. 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 2

what a thread..nine pages..fecking really ?

Use your finger.

Put something on the key.

Macro it.

Steam overlay it.

wow.

• Like 1

This thread will get even better once fatigue gets implemented and all the auto runners are bitching about walking  :D

• Like 2

what a thread..nine pages..fecking really ?

Use your finger.

Put something on the key.

Macro it.

Steam overlay it.

wow.

Steam overlay it? 

Edited by Solopopo