rocket

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113860

I haven't seen any items appear under the floor.  When you drop an item in the vicinity, it takes a minute or so to appear.   

Barracks buildings have items spawning partially in the floor, and IF small enough, you will never see it.  Also Castles, you can look up at the next floor and see items below it.

Interesting to read all these stories of people not encountering KoS players yet. I've been gatted twice, and swung at with fists by generally every unarmed player I've encountered. I think the only people who haven't tried to jump me didn't see me. All my deaths were by m4a1's when I wasn't even aware of the player, or just spotted them last minute lol.

Long story short, KoS hasn't changed a dime, and I didn't expect any different. :P Afterall, there are next to no zombies around and thus not much else for people to do other than run around guns/fists 'a blazing lol.

Edited by bonesnap
  • Like 2

Barracks buildings have items spawning partially in the floor, and IF small enough, you will never see it.  Also Castles, you can look up at the next floor and see items below it.

Ahh, yea I did go to the Castle and not see anything.  So that explains that.

Interesting to read all these stories of people not encountering KoS players yet. I've been gatted twice, and swung at with fists by generally every unarmed player I've encountered. I think the only people who haven't tried to jump me didn't see me. All my deaths were by m4a1's when I wasn't even aware of the player, or just spotted them last minute lol.

Long story short, KoS hasn't changed a dime, and I didn't expect any different. :P Afterall, there are next to no zombies around and thus not much else for people to do other than run around guns/fists 'a blazing lol.

Yep.  I got KoS by an M4 and I literally had no gear on me.  I spawned and started running to the airfield right off the bat.  I was about 400m out in a random field and BOOM shot to death.  The crazy part is there was only 4 people on the server at that time... talk about bad timing!  However, I have encountered several people who have been friendly as well.  

I read on PCgamer about a ceasefire on Christmas.  Lol, I thought that was kind of cool.  Of course there will be people out there who won't do it, but oh well.

Edited by twinturbonet

Yeah most players are still kos-ing. I have to admit its hard to resist the temptation of a good ol' punch up ^_^

The only thing to ever make a difference will be the zombies. Its either PvP or PvZ. Players and zombies will never be able to have an equal threat level, its simply not possible.

very good patch but bodies disappearing if disconnected 'too fast' is still not fixed and it s one of the major bugs and annoyances. please fix it, it ruins the whole idea of killing someone if they can t be looted. fps is great, game is very fluid and balanced, no other major complains (other than the biggest: find a solution for this server hopping pain in the a** thing, 5-10 seconds in surrender position after disconnecting should be enough, everybody is a clogger). slowly also new items and buildings should appear, aswell as stashes and/or tents, i explored the map and left wanting more. still supporting the "move balota mitary tents to east or even to NEAF" request but looks like they re goin' to stay there. maybe a suggestion: make rify mil high value, it s a great spot, but only for cans and cargo pants it s maybe not worthy taking the risk (still, i got my only press vest there). overall, it doesn t feel like an alpha, i think it runs already more stable and fluid as the mod. ps: the deserted castles/ruins were a bit of a dissapointment, but thanks for the extra barracks/ mil high value

Then don't kill them. Subdue them.

Edited by KyrosWolfe

Players are testing things, finding bugs and then reporting them on the bug tracker which can be found here. So actually, yes players are contributing and bringing bugs to the attention of the developers so they can be fixed.

again, a fine nuance between them, but as wide as Cherno. The word 'test' is used on both sides. Team Rocket puts out sample code for us to 'test' (a.k.a. SA), and looking at it that way, yes we are indeed 'testing' however (and a BIG HOWEVER) we (the players) are NOT running the tests of the game. We are playing the game. The tests are being ran by Team Rocket. The distinction is important (as to the proper title of our 'roles') because the reply you are quoting me on , was a reply to an individual that rented a SA server, and got butt-hurt that he couldnt do his own private testing of SA on 'his' own server.  Other than his own game play, what exactly 'good' (for the game/community) could come from someone 'testing' on their own personal server outside that individuals own good? We may be 'testing' the game for the devs, we are not running the tests. Think of it this way, ever read "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"? The white mice? Arthur '...no you got this wrong, we were doing the experiments on the mice...' Slarty 'that's what you think...' Or when you are/were in school, and given a history 'test'. The teacher is testing you against the exam sheet. You are taking the test, not testing the exam or the teacher. e.g. although you are 'taking the exam' you are not testing anything you are being tested.

teacher = dev team. exam = we players. SA game = students (in last example)

clear as mud?

one last time, might sound like splitting hairs, but it is an important distinction to understand.

please fix alt f4ers and bodies disapearing i killed 2 guys in balota ATC with an axe and one alt f4'd and one  guy stayed and i killed a guy in elektro but i got his bag before he did it would be nice to fixem :)

• Like 2

Yeah, killing survivors not enough fun if you cant take gear from them   >:(

Edited by DayZbalkan

As it seems you missed the complete discussion about weapons on the forums...most people want to see believable and realsitic weapons fitting the Eastern Europe/Russian background and beeing mainly focused on melee  weapons and civilian firearms.

Beside the current weapons we will see (afaik) a Mauser carbine, a 22 mm Ruger, a crossbow and of course the good old AK ..I personnaly think this will absolutely do it taking into acocount that every weapon can be fully customized...everything extra will be a nice surprise.

Here in Russia it would be very easy to obtain all Dragunov rifles...

Sniper rifles100px-AUG_A1_508mm_04.jpg

Battle rifles

Assault rifles  Special rifles  Carbines  Shotguns  Submachine guns  Machine guns
Edited by Lukis

Where is new patch? Rocket said there will be one before xmas :blush:

Still got all day and tommorow to hope for a cool update buddy! ;)

@Waparo

I like how the system works, I just dont like the fact you need to eat so much to get stuffed. Feels like I am playing the "American" version of the game, where ppl usally is fat and obese, :P

Hello there

We really dislike lazy, actually offensive to some, stereotyping.

Its a quick route to infraction points. It may have been for the lulz, but it's not appreciated. Please try not to do it again.

Rgds

LoK 

• Like 1

Hello there

We really dislike lazy, actually offensive to some, stereotyping.

Its a quick route to infraction points. It may have been for the lulz, but it's not appreciated. Please try not to do it again.

Rgds

LoK 

yeah like talking about austrians and their cellars ... :P (which i am btw ;))

Edited by joe_mcentire

yeah like talking about austrians and their cellars

pheeew .. this one is mean

Hello devs and survivors.

So we have hard core sim with realistic details on so such small scale its mind bugging, for example - if you open can with an axe, you gonna spill half your beans all over the place because the axe is not proper tool for this task.

And just right there - you have the feature to zoom your vision (telescopes in your skull?) four times closer with a simple mouse click, despite that there is no such thing with iron sights or acog. And this feature also make binoculars or other optical devices - useless.

So my question to the devs - why this zoom feature in the game? Thank you.

I really hope they don't add ANY Dragunov or sniper rifels at all. Else it's gonna be like in the mod where you got people camping all day long in the hill of Elektro and Cherno just to kill newspawn players. Give the wannabe snipers a musket. Or make players who are shoot by sniper rifels into NightStalkers after they die. :D

Anywayzzzzzz.... Do I find like a list of reported bug/glitches here? Or are they just spead around. I found a few where you fall thru the walls and thru stairs.

Edited by bulfen

[...]

So my question to the devs - why this zoom feature in the game? Thank you.

Because the standard field of view in the game displays a panorama image up to approx. 120° (not shure about the exact value but you can adjust it in the settings). The average human field of view is at ca. 180°. If you put this panorama image on your monitor things get smaller than you would usually notice them. So if you zoom in, you get a field of view of about 30° (?), which ist approx. the angle between your eyes and the edges of your monitor and you see things in the same size you would do in real life at the same distance. This feature helps to maintain both a good situational awareness and recognize things at greater distances as you would do it naturally.

Hope that made it clear though I wouldn't rely on the numbers above.

Edited by Plaestermann
  • Like 5

Because the standard field of view in the game displays a panorama image up to approx. 120° (not shure about the exact value but you can adjust it in the settings). The average human field of view is at ca. 180°. If you put this panorama image on your monitor things get smaller than you would usually notice them. So if you zoom in, you get a field of view of about 30° (?), which ist approx. the angle between your eyes and the edges of your monitor and you see things in the same size you would do in real life at the same distance. This feature helps to maintain both a good situational awareness and recognize things at greater distances as you would do it naturally.

Hope that made it clear though I wouldn't rely on the numbers above.

first post, most usefull in the entire thread, gj.

fix the m4 inaccuracy

hardly that thing is way too good, The mosin needs to be fixed  when sniping on a hill you have to be at least 10 feet away from any tree standing up so the bullet wont hit the ground/tree/grass or anything else.

fix the random 3 times in a night character wipes besides update wipes

Stop Server hoping, from what i understand if you server hop X amount of times you get thrown to the sea, Stop being a grub and cheating and you will keep your character I still have mine since the hacking reset the other day.

fix the players disspearing when killed if they disconnect and don't hit re spawn

This i do agree with people alt f4ing as their dying,dead or being shot at is stupidly annoying and i think myself and the whole community are getting sick of that and think that should be one of the major priorities along with better server hoping.

Fix the loot spawns,fix the anti cheat

Rocket has stated that he is ongoing with work on the anti cheat the platform that all arma games are built on are terribly easy to hack and say what you will DayZ is built on the same engine and platform so the same rules apply, loot spawns are fine while there needs to be more loot in buildings that don't currently spawn loot rocket has also said he is playing with the loot and zombie spawns as they had trouble with them in the first place.

Fix zombie spawns

Again see above, currently there is 15,000 items and 1000 zombies in the game more than that caused way too many issues with the server and with people crying about fps now think of what it would of been like before hand with increased server load.

With that said in my honest opinion rockets post about server control and admin abilities should be priority with the ability to break off from the main hive and create private hives between servers solves a lot of the problems posted here with,increased zombies,loot,server restarts "THE ABILITY TO TELL OUR PLAYERS WHEN A RESTART WILL HAPPEN" and stop people server hoping and ghosting as well as banning and kicking people for combat logging, While these are just temp fixes they can and would help the populace enjoy the game till more features come out and change the meta game from "Hoping from town to town drinking wells get loot hope to dead server get more loot and hope to another server kill people die reset".

dont quote battle me and think that rocket shouldint of already had these core bugs fixed, hes had 2 years, and in 2 years what the mod community has done is someting that is even better than standalone while not focusing on things that dont matter like making my caracter a tamagachi pet running thru the wilderness whilining his head throbs. dayz standalone should of been what the mod has been already but with just better anticheat protection and u have a game that we all want but we wont have cause rocket is fumbling on these awkward game implementations, and not forseeing good coders with his 5 million he just made. HIRE SOME CODERS AND DONT WASTE 2 MORE YEARS TO GET BAD ONES TO FINALLY LEARN HOW. 

OH PLS MISTER ROCKET PLEASE JUST PLEASE PUT IN ANIMALS I WANNA BE A SURVIVAL MAN

i really have high hopes i really do... i just dont want this to turn into a project that dosent turn into everything we have wanted and already had, but just did not have the proper anti cheat. thats all that was wrong literally. let the new ideas come after and fix the important things. 

Fix dead body please.

Already fixed in beta(dev) branch on steam.