rocket

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113860

Where have people read that rocket will have another patch out before christmas? Is there patch-notes available?

Brian Hicks on twitter (Bohemia DayZ producer)

"First person only looks pretty stable, we're going to push out the fix with our next update approximately early Tuesday morning."

Edited by DayZbalkan
  • Like 1

Nice to know that they worked right up to Christmas as suggested. Obviously they decided it was not ready or wanted to add something more in the patch and wanting to make it better.

SA Released before the end of the Year and patched twice and by going from what I can see on Twich plenty of streamers are enjoying the game even in this basic form. Its actually mouth watering when so much is still to be added and fixed.

Could be Game of 2014. I guess the more people getting in early and getting the game for that great price is showing how popular the game is and will aid the development. 

Heard Rocket took a 1 month break. Don't know if this is true could anyone confirm? I understand it is the christmas holidays but when you release an alpha especially for such a game with high levels of community hype and demand, a 1 month break is unacceptable post release. 

• Like 4

first to all sorry my english latin survivor :)

i have one question the silencer or supressor in this update (0.30) is gona reduce the lvl of sound(fix?)

ty for read :)

Heard Rocket took a 1 month break. Don't know if this is true could anyone confirm? I understand it is the christmas holidays but when you release an alpha especially for such a game with high levels of community hype and demand, a 1 month break is unacceptable post release. 

unacceptable...jesus.One day, when you become Bohemia CEO, you will be able set up work hours (or work days), or deadlines for your employees. But now, you're just a consumer (with 4 posts in forums).

Edited by Kurt_Cower
  • Like 3

In the meantime I would recommend you spend more time developing basic literacy skills and less time playing computer games or you most certainly will spend your Christmas at work in the future.  Thanks for understanding.

Not necessarily true, but true none the less. I and my wife happened to work over Christmas and Thanksgiving in highly technical jobs where we ramp down but continue production during these times. We may not be fully staffed but there are still people working. Some jobs the equipment is complicated or fussy and shutting it down for a day means a few days to a week to recover. Although programmers and game designers don't have the same excuse and should take the time to spend with families.

You have my beans, he is frivolous and very slow.

Wow, lots of people shitting on people who don't want the fucking alpha of a game (which should receive at least one patch a week, because its fucking alpha and bare bones as hell meaning that there's a lot to be added, a lot of bugs to be fixed, because it's an alpha) to stagnate for no reason? Rocket is a developer, no developer leaves an alpha of a game to stagnate for a month. Not even indie.

• Like 2

So does anyone even know if he took a month off or are you guys just shitting on him for no reason. If he needs some time off then it is what it is. There is a team working on this and they can still get work done if he has off. The President of the US is taking 17 days off and we are ok, I think Rocket can afford to take a month off. Just chill out.

• Like 3

So does anyone even know if he took a month off or are you guys just shitting on him for no reason. If he needs some time off then it is what it is. There is a team working on this and they can still get work done if he has off. The President of the US is taking 17 days off and we are ok, I think Rocket can afford to take a month off. Just chill out.

This. Also why do people act Rocket is doing this alone? There is a team behin d it,and i am sure all of them work equally hard.

• Like 1

Translated 113925 patch notes.

Changes (Neofitsialno! Since there is not a specific list of changes!)
Revolver "Magnum" is now in the loot
Fix ammunition to "Magnum" (.357 Speedloader - six-cylinder revolver)
Modified switching the view from first and third person
Changes to the server side
Changes browser interface Server
Lowered chance spawn weapons modules
Spawn military rifles reduced by half
Previously, after the death of the player's body was removed after disconnection, must now be

Taken from steam discussions.

Edited by dakisback

I think most are just enjoying that the Team got the SA out as promised. The game looks a lot of fun even as early as this. If I had a machine able to run it I’d grab it at the low price instead of just watching the Pro gamers play it on Twitch. Lots of Bug’s and lots of Work still to be done but hay its an Alpha…..roll on it getting better and better as the Comunity deserves it.

All I’m seeing is suspicious low count post members spring up that are posting negative stuff when they have missed much of the discussion and journey most have been on in here. Not to disrespect members with 2 post counts etc but it’s hard not too.

Edited by sav112

...what really pisses me off is how is it that none of them have taken any time out of they super busy schedule to send out a tweet or even  post in the announcements section saying:

"Hey guys we have been working our asses off and since its the holidays we are going to be taking a bit of a break so please expect no content for ~# of days"

I mean that should take what, like 20 seconds max to do? I mean rocket or hicks could just do it when they go take a shit or something, I play angry birds while I take my shits so I mean yeah think about that.

now please stop with the butthole kissing comments those are truly worse than the whiny little kinds.

DO NOT POST A REPLY UNLESS U READ MY ENTIRE POST PLEASE

If you read this, thank you and you may reply.

Let the flame commence. :)

Dayz tumbler front page : 

"It has been a very busy week for the Dayz team (...) Most of the team members are going to take a well-deserved vacation week with their families, so please be patient with us for the much slower pace in the coming two weeks. Thanks to all for the incredible support and interest in the game so far. "

Edited by gabriel621
  • Like 4

sav112

if you mean me ive been playing day z since mod first released.. I just quit playing it for a while and had to remake a forum account. but yeah ive been here longer than a lot of ppl.

Edited by Eventus

Dayz standalone is fun but there a some things that need changed I know it is in alpha but more zombies I only see 1 or 2 in an hour of gameplay I don't feel like I am in a zombie apocalypse but rather on an abandoned island and everyone just moved. If it is supposed to be a zombie mmo the main attraction should be the zombies not the countless hours just walking from town to town. here's an idea in large cities and towns make it  infested with zombies (as in them being in the streets everywhere) while leaving the country side almost bare having no zombs but few supplies . Also there should be different kinds of zombs and migratory hordes like of 20 zombies that wander the whole map together randomly to keep a constant threat. More weapons is also a must  I know this game is in Alpha these are just future recommendations. But this is the most wanted feature I got from asking around in game and online. Thank You

Dayz standalone is fun but there a some things that need changed I know it is in alpha but more zombies I only see 1 or 2 in an hour of gameplay I don't feel like I am in a zombie apocalypse but rather on an abandoned island and everyone just moved. If it is supposed to be a zombie mmo the main attraction should be the zombies not the countless hours just walking from town to town. here's an idea in large cities and towns make it  infested with zombies (as in them being in the streets everywhere) while leaving the country side almost bare having no zombs but few supplies . Also there should be different kinds of zombs and migratory hordes like of 20 zombies that wander the whole map together randomly to keep a constant threat. More weapons is also a must  I know this game is in Alpha these are just future recommendations. But this is the most wanted feature I got from asking around in game and online. Thank You

all been said and planned.

Dayz tumbler front page : 

"It has been a very busy week for the Dayz team (...) Most of the team members are going to take a well-deserved vacation week with their families, so please be patient with us for the much slower pace in the coming two weeks. Thanks to all for the incredible support and interest in the game so far. "

Lulz burned.

unacceptable...jesus.One day, when you become Bohemia CEO, you will be able set up work hours (or work days), or deadlines for your employees. But now, you're just a consumer (with 4 posts in forums).

Ooooh fighting words. This might've been the case with the mod, but now we're paying fucking customers. Rocket's not just a guy working on a mod we like, he's someone we've invested our time and now money into. SA is a year late and it looks good, but I still don't particularly care for Rocket or his mountain climbing.

• Like 2

First of all, the total number of posts I have made in the forums has nothing to do with deciding the integrity of my argument. Secondly, yes they have worked hard and yes they deserve a nice long break, but Jesus Christ not immediately after releasing the long awaited Dayz standalone alpha version. I would have rather preferred the developers to release the SA post Christmas, not before hand and leaving some ground breaking bugs for the playerbase to deal with for a whole month. It is very much unacceptable. Thirdly, perhaps some of the developers are still working on it, yet no patch has seen for a week, what are they doing? Cleaning their computer screens?

Edited by vwarriorv
  • Like 5

First of all, the total number of posts I have made in the forums has nothing to do with deciding the integrity of my argument. Secondly, yes they have worked hard and yes they deserve a nice long break, but Jesus Christ not immediately after releasing the long awaited Dayz standalone alpha version. I would have rather preferred the developers to release the SA post Christmas, not before hand and leaving some ground breaking bugs for the player base to deal with for a whole month. It is very much unacceptable. Thirdly, perhaps some of the developers are still working on it, yet no patch has seen for a week, what are they doing? Cleaning their computer screens?

I agree on the fact that number of post in the forums have nothing to do with any of this. However, what you and most people complaining in the forums don't realize is how long it actually takes to develop a game, especially one that you create a whole engine from scratch. As for the question of ":How would i know anything about it?" I work in a small independent game studio as lead programmer. Fixing bugs and other issues with a game takes time especially when the majority of the staff is on vacation. 

Everyone just needs to stop complaining about how "Unfinished" an alpha is. To be honest Rocket didn't even need to release the alpha for public test. Hell, most companies do all the alpha testing internally. If you don't like the game don't play it. It's that simple. 

Maybe i am wrong a little, but after people give money to support the devs, i don't think working on the project is a favor... And, to be honest, these updates not really big ones.

Btw am glad too, we are closer and closer to the final phase.

And Marry Christmass - family give me a little break at least.

Just need to add alot more zombies.

No, no, never ever until they move, and see over the walls.

Edited by Kaoraku