rocket

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113860

Wow, the the last few posts are just ridiculous. The devs worked their asses off to give us the Alpha and are deserving of the week they're taking off.

Still not sure where this month Holiday is coming from that someone is talking about. Sounds like you're just pulling a random length of time out of your ass to get yourself and others worked up.

They gave us 3 patches before Christmas with more to come, a week in the relative scheme of things IS a short amount of time. Get over it.

Some of you are just coming off as impatient, ungrateful and immature, but to be expected from some. I think you need to sit in timeout for a while and rethink your thoughtless posts.

Wow, the the last few posts are just ridiculous. The devs worked their asses off to give us the Alpha and are deserving of the week they're taking off.

Still not sure where this month Holiday is coming from that someone is talking about. Sounds like you're just pulling a random length of time out of your ass to get yourself and others worked up.

They gave us 3 patches before Christmas with more to come, a week in the relative scheme of things IS a short amount of time. Get over it.

Some of you are just coming off as impatient, ungrateful and immature, but to be expected from some. I think you need to sit in timeout for a while and rethink your thoughtless posts.

Worked their asses off? Are you kidding me? Took them two years and all they did was copy and paste the code from the mod and did a face lift + new inventory.

EDIT: and took a holiday upon release.

Edited by vwarriorv
  • Like 1

impatient

Yeah, some of us have only been waiting for a year and a half, no biggie. We should be more patient.

Worked their asses off? Are you kidding me? Took them two years and all they did was copy and paste the code from the mod and did a face lift + new inventory.

No, what they have is good. Maybe not a year good, but definitely an improvement and significant change. They just can't drop the pace again like they did last time around.

Edited by Publik
  • Like 3

Im not saying alpha sucks or anything but your overdoing it right their, if they would have worked their ass off we would have more than 4 guns now, we would have a game that is not just "early alpha" where the alpha is just an excuse for not fixed bugs and basically everything. So tired of people sayign "its alpha" after every complaint. Also stop being a fanboy, if you really ask yourself you would know that your dreamworld is not the truth.

• Like 3

I was surprised that they stopped doing updates, after recieving so much support for such a unfinished project I thought they would be gung ho about pushing ahead. I don't feel "entitled" and I get having a vacation around the holidays, it was not long ago someone took off 2 months in the middle of a multimillion dollars project no? Everyone is a human and needs time off, but I can not say that I am disappointed that the alpha updates and more importantly communication has stopped.

• Like 4

I was surprised that they stopped doing updates, after recieving so much support for such a unfinished project I thought they would be gung ho about pushing ahead. I don't feel "entitled" and I get having a vacation around the holidays, it was not long ago someone took off 2 months in the middle of a multimillion dollars project no? Everyone is a human and needs time off, but I can not say that I am disappointed that the alpha updates and more importantly communication has stopped.

Well said

Also in a year if developement (not SA should have been released a whole year ago, if waiting 1 year is not patient enough i cant help you.) it ahould be possible to do something against server hopping, combat logging, zombies clipping through walls, zombies endlessly following you, cmon, its not like were facing these problems the first time or their new to us.

• Like 1

Misinformation or disinformation. I'm not sure which is the case here but facts prove contrary to your beliefs. Google is your friend.

Edited by R.Neville

Misinformation or disinformation. I'm not sure which is the case here but facts prove contrary to your beliefs. Google is your friend.

Man what are you on about? Lol.

• Like 1

So thats all you got? Google? Give me a real argument that makes me think the devs deserve their brake, which they took after making something like $10m

• Like 2

Im not saying alpha sucks or anything but your overdoing it right their, if they would have worked their ass off we would have more than 4 guns now, we would have a game that is not just "early alpha" where the alpha is just an excuse for not fixed bugs and basically everything. So tired of people sayign "its alpha" after every complaint. Also stop being a fanboy, if you really ask yourself you would know that your dreamworld is not the truth.

Hrmm not sure where I'm being a fanboy and making the excuse it's Alpha. Anyway, I think I'm just being realistic, not being overly impatient and not making posts that are pure reaction with no actual thought involved.

But I digress and will no longer derail the thread at hand.

So thats all you got? Google? Give me a real argument that makes me think the devs deserve their brake, which they took after making something like $10m

Here here Mr. Speaker!

I won't even argue with the idiots complaining, but just post this. As they should already know this.

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING

Shut the fuck up about it, and be patient. You knew exactly what the hell you were getting yourselves into. (The ones complaining) You're surprised that they want to take a break for a bit? Sheesh, it's only been a week.

• Like 1

not being 'overly impatient' 

Jesus. In another note we are the consumers, we have a right to argue without being labelled as an 'idiot'.

Edited by vwarriorv

EDIT: and took a holiday upon release.

Wow this is amazing how many people just don't understand the game development process. Most games are in development for around 4 years before they even hit alpha. The fact That they gave us an alpha in less then 2 years given the fact that they scrapped the whole project at one point and started from scratch again. To all saying they don't deserve a break and it took to long for them to release the game, get over yourself. You can go try and make a game and come back and tell me how it goes. Because i bet you that in the amount of time they have been working on SA you couldn't even come close to what they have achieved. 

Jesus. In another note we are the consumers, we have a right to argue without being labelled as an 'idiot'.

Yes we are and you were properly informed about the state of the game before and after you have purchased it. So whining about it unfortunately makes you look like an idiot.

• Like 1

So because its an Alpha and we were presented with a warning message, there cant be any negative chatter or criticism on the forums? And if it is dished out it must be labeled as whining? 

• Like 3

So I see not much has changed here...

Bunch of snot nosed, crying babies.

Game is looking better and the start of an amazing piece of work!

Thanks to Rocket and team for all their work, really looking forward to all the updates

Enjoy your break guys, see you in the new year!

• Like 5

So because its an Alpha and we were presented with a warning message, there cant be any negative chatter or criticism on the forums? And if it is dished out it must be labeled as whining? 

You can give whatever criticism you want to. However, all these people who say that they are entitled to all these things is the problem. There was plenty of warnings about the game be unfinished before you bought it. If you didn't do your homework before buying the game then that's called being an uniformed consumer and no ones fault but your own. 

• Like 3

You can give whatever criticism you want to. However, all these people who say that they are entitled to all these things is the problem. There was plenty of warnings about the game be unfinished before you bought it. If you didn't do your homework before buying the game then that's called being an uniformed consumer and no ones fault but your own. 

signed!

Do not buy the game yet!

The release of our Alpha is about getting those who want to be involved from the ground up, up and into the process. What we do encourage you to do, is to read reviews, watch livestreams and lets play videos, and talk to your friends. The alpha is going out into large scale testing for the first time, this means many things (mostly bad) will happen such as nasty bugs, connection issues, lost loot, etc... Our aim right now is to present the bare-bone architecture and check that works, getting some feedback on the direction in the process.
Early Access Important Information / Known Issues
  • Like 3

wean are you going to add cars or at least some bikes there helmets also there's shotgun ammo but no shotguns. and maybe there's something wrong with the re-spawning option it does not work i have to get out of the server for me to join again. sick ass game by the way but its getting boring  

Did rocket take all of the money and leave?

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/70904326269/first-week-of-dayz-alpha :)

The second week will be much calmer. Most of the team members are going to take a well-deserved vacation week with their families, so please be patient with us for the much slower pace in the coming two weeks. Thanks to all for the incredible support and interest in the game so far. 2014 is going to be an exciting year for DayZ. Merry Christmas.

Do you think Rocket will give us updates like devblogs on background things like vehicles and other new features from devbuilds?

Obviously not now, but in the lead up to beta/ full release/ large updates??

• Like 1