treirk

Sometimes my character doesn't save and I come back as a freshspawn!

Today I lost my 2nd character with over 40 hours of gameplay. I joined the server as always and got something like this message in chat (red text) "an error occured during loading of character data and you character was reset. Contact system administrator." And who is this mysterious admin? Matt? :P

That sucks. :D

Vote on bugtracker.

I will wait for Rocket's return because I've tested all new content so there is no reason to play now. <_< 

Edited by Zyryanoff

Its not that im attached to gear, Its just annoying. I clearly am aware that this is alpha. But its also extremely pointless to play right now because if you get gear and log off to go somewhere and you come back and want to play your shit gets wiped

Deal w/ it

Edited by Wrath

Try to remain in the same server, or at least the same host (i.e. gamerservers, vilayer, MPGS, etc)

I did, wiped still.

Was there a patch, didnt see one.

Got mine back. Get your own "whitelist" by using the favourites function, logging in back to the server i was on earlier helped me get my old char back, not sure if they're gonna do a full wipe tho.

Edited by .dB

Got mine back. Get your own "whitelist" by using the favourites function, logging in back to the server i was on earlier helped me get my old char back, not sure if they're gonna do a full wipe tho.

It happened when I logged in on my whitelist server.

Edited by Zyryanoff

Was very well geared sitting just outside nw airfield too :(

haha nvm :)

mmmmmmmmerge

"I need answers!" >:( >:( >:(

:D

Edited by Zyryanoff

I understand the game is in development, though losing progress for no apparent reason is somewhat frustrating. I will spend hours scavenging stuff, but when I relog, my character is reset... Is this a known issue? Is there a work around?

gotta merge

Hey guys just wanted to know if there is anything going on or if anyone else just noticed a player wipe. All was fine until we decided to get on a server with more people and the then all of our toons were wiped. Thought maybe we were getting a patch.

Thanks in advance!

m m m merging

It's actually only certain servers that do this. I strongly suggest you avoid all the servers at the bottom 25% of the list.

There's a few servers I've had amazing luck with. Musky gaming, pve, civil server, etc. your best bet is to take a new toon, grab an item, exit the server. Jump around a bit, those that don't wipe the item, add to your favorites.

Also,before you do leave your selected server, eat something. It works for some reason.

i was in a server fully geard. i switched to join my friend and its the same server version and it wipes my gear completely. what the fuck is going on now. This is complete bullshit. 

merge

Same here.

Visit here.

Vote here.

It happened when I logged in on my whitelist server.

Yup, same here, i only play on servers on my fav list, but i got back to the one where my char was alive and well. Try them all, see what happens, couldnt hurt, right?

• Like 1

So I switched servers... and lost everything. I get to start again, lucky me. Second time this has happened, I've lost two sets of silenced guns and nightvision goggs... someone needs to fix this shit (along with bullshit fall damage) 

/rage

anyone else have this happen? 

merge

Happens to me about 3-4 times a day. I think they want us to just test the beach out instead of the rest of the map.

We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.

tl;dr

Alpha

Alpha or not, take to heart the first rule of DayZ. Don't get attached to your gear.

Expect there to be character wipes.

I'm not attached to my gear. I'm attached to my char. :D Roleplay breaks when wipe happens.

Edited by Zyryanoff

Character just got reset about 10 minutes ago due to a server not recognizing? Server administration was notified, got a red message like that and bam reset.

Wondering if anyone else got this as well across the board? Possible hack?

Was totally kitted out, let out a big WTF.. then laughed as I go on a new adventure for gear. Long time lurker and fan, keep up the excellent work Rocket!

merging

• Like 1

They call him....

...Mr. Merge

• Like 2