treirk

Sometimes my character doesn't save and I come back as a freshspawn!

wtf is point of the experimental branch if you're just gonna put buggy ass shit on there for 24 hours with zero testing.. then move that same buggy shit to stable???

i hate to say it but fuckin hell this is some amateur bullshit programming.. yet this team of garage coders are making millions off this bullshit.. dean and his team are seriously over their head on this game.. mod level game building getting paid with blockbuster level cash.. disgrace

wtf is point of the experimental branch if you're just gonna put buggy ass shit on there for 24 hours with zero testing.. then move that same buggy shit to stable???

i hate to say it but fuckin hell this is some amateur bullshit programming.. yet this team of garage coders are making millions off this bullshit.. dean and his team are seriously over their head on this game.. mod level game building getting paid with blockbuster level cash.. disgrace

all my facepalms...YOU ARE TESTING IT RIGHT NOW....*slaps that sire in the face and walks away disgruntled*

• Like 1

Hmm Salty Rage tears, the tastiest kind  ;)

Edited by JoyEnergiser

So can I actually get a lost character back if I still have the Player data saved on my computer?

Character didn't die.. just when I spawned I was some new character

im not making a bug report. i dont have time for that shit.  Im just here to tell you....THAT EVERY SINGLE TIME I LOG OUT....I AM A NEWSPAWN WHEN I LOG BACK ONTO A SERVER.  If I get d/c'd, or the server restarts, or if i just leave a server and join a different or same one...doesnt matter...my toon is NEVER saved.

Guess I wont bother playing till they address this.

OH and I almost forgot..sometimes I log into a fully geared, LOOT GOBLIN character that DIED about a WEEK AGO.....lol..serious issues here.

I have the exact same issue

HELP!

Help is on the way:

Dean Hall on twitter: most likely an issue for the server hosters, the server's we are running directly no issues with loot/spawns

Which means: logg into official servers and deal with the nighttime (Maybe in your country) and you´ll be fine :)

Here is what Rocket said on reddit:

The server hosters set the hive for the servers to use. The new update was quite complex, and introduced a number of new settings that server hosting providers needed to configure.

There has been significant confusion with some of them, as the instructions we have sent have not always filtered down to the engineers and techs rolling up the updated servers.

Hence, many of the servers have been configured to use the WRONG hive. I believe this is in progress. If you notice a server doing this, post here the name/ip of the server and we can look into it.

There is no known issue with the core architecture, the only issues we have identified so far are issues with problematic configuration.

it's my understanding that there are no "private hives" at the moment

They were introduced in the last patch I believe, private/sub-hives.

However My character has been wiped 2 times in 1 day. Its so frustrating

Beign a Game tester isent allways fun. Just be happy you dont have to playtest "my Little pony2" like the poor sods at the Publisher i worked for back in the days of yore.

I have had this problem as well. Check your firewall settings. It has only happened to me once since trusting the Steam/Day Z programs.

The once may have been because I logged onto a test server by mistake.

So yesterday I was having some terrible desync.   It started with the "Battleye failed to update" issue. I downloaded the newest .dll and rebooted. That seemed to fix me getting booted from the server. 

I ran across the map and met my buddy near the north side of Khelm.  We went to the NE airfield and started tracking 2 bandits.  They went into the east prison and stayed inside for FOREVER.  My buddy saw the doors open, but it took 5 - 10 seconds for them to show up for me.  We shot and missed, so we started circling west.  We got lucky and happened to be behind a wall when the two of them walked right around us as they were flanking our previous firing position. 

We gave chase and started shooting.  I start desyncing a bunch and get shot up a little by an m4. I manage to get away and decide to log since I am lagging so badly.  I kept seeing them run in a straight line then disappear.

My buddy had to go afk for a bit so I picked a server at random and logged in.  It was my poor fortune to have picked the exact same server.  The two guys heard me yelp and reload as I logged in and they promptly took me out.  Bummer.

So I find a different server this time and start on the coast south of Berezino.  I proceed to run through the coastal part of Berez, back through Khelm, NEAF and then on to Svetlojarsk.  I sit in the 2nd floor of a green house and watch a guy on top of the hospital.  A new spawn climbs up and asks they guy to shoot him, and he does.  It was pretty comical.  Then the guy on the roof freezes in place for about 2 minutes. I decide to log off since it's probably me that is DCed. I choose another server and my character is on the coast. Tried logging off right away but it didn't help.  Yesterday was probably my most frustrating experience so far in DayZ.  Luckily I like gearing up...