treirk

Sometimes my character doesn't save and I come back as a freshspawn!

Gonna poast this again for your benefit:

cySISLO.gif

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 7

This happened to me yesterday. Certain servers are causing them. In my experience stick to Central / East / West servers. It seems the ones Ive had give me trouble are the specific location ones like Cali, NY..etc.

Okay i understand it is in Alpha and that there should still be some problems. However My character has been wiped 2 times in 1 day. Its fucking outrageous, both times i have had almost the highest levels of gear, a fully decked out mosin, full TTsKO clothing ballistic helmet and so on. the next i had mix of camouflage army gear and a nice looking M4A1 with plenty of ammo. I get on this afternoon to head to NWAF and all that stuff i put 3-4hours into earlier is gone.

So what is happening is when i relaunch game/join a new server my characters gear is wiped, all of it, and i am put in as a fresh spawn. and its not just today, every 2 days it happens or so and i cant bear it. cmon rocket fix this shit, and if anyone know how to stop this please say

Read. It helps your state of mind.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154078-sometimes-my-character-doesnt-save-and-i-come-back-as-a-freshspawn/

• Like 2

Alternatively, don't get attached to your loot on a WiP game... Just a thought.

• Like 2

Okay i understand it is in Alpha and that there should still be some problems.

No. No you don't

• Like 1

I don't get it, are you playing the game just to play it? or testing?

Character resets are a very very VERY common thing in testing phases. Alot of these resets are intentional. It's to keep people from not scavenging on tweeks.

What you are experiencing is nothing out of the ordinary. Just keep testing and posting results on the tracker if you find something new.

yeah its because of going on non whitelisted servers (this dose not mean he was server hopping) i too have had this happen by pure accident selected lowest ping server in the list woops.

needs a whitelist filter.

Hello there

Lastly, try to keep your titles descriptive.

edited.

Rgds

LoK

I have the same issue but just gotta deal with it... I knew what I was getting to when I read the disclaimer and have played games in alpha before. Perhaps this Alpha Test just isnt for you. The Mod is still available for you though!

Okay i understand it is in Alpha and that there should still be some problems. However My character has been wiped 2 times in 1 day. Its fucking outrageous, both times i have had almost the highest levels of gear, a fully decked out mosin, full TTsKO clothing ballistic helmet and so on. the next i had mix of camouflage army gear and a nice looking M4A1 with plenty of ammo. I get on this afternoon to head to NWAF and all that stuff i put 3-4hours into earlier is gone.

So what is happening is when i relaunch game/join a new server my characters gear is wiped, all of it, and i am put in as a fresh spawn. and its not just today, every 2 days it happens or so and i cant bear it. cmon rocket fix this shit, and if anyone know how to stop this please say

merging

• Like 1

This has happened to me twice. I think it has something to do with how quickly you log out of a server and log back into the same server. Like, you tried logging into the game before your character ter has actually left the server. Just a theory, but it's pretty annoying.

So, is there any way to continue playing a character that you've been on for a while?  There's a lot of talk of people surviving for a while, but, every time I quit and return later, I'm forced to start a new character.  I looked around a bit, but, I don't see anything that would keep me.  Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure you were not killed, unconscious or in handcuffs when you left. Characters are sometimes reset (its a alpha, this is needed) or you may be connecting to servers not on the public hive (I think some are hacked so they are not connected). Some servers are also known to wipe your inventory on logon/logoff.

So my friend and I were traversing a server, we had literally gone from one end of the map to another. We were pretty geared up with a a couple mosins and m4s when we reached a town. The server had not been reset in a while, so we decided to hop on to another server to increase our chances of getting loot. When we both logged on, we saw the dreaded "Ready Default" prompt and we were respawned on the beach with none of our gear.

This happens on a fairly consistent basis to us, and it's extremely frustrating. Obviously it's still in alpha, but I was wondering if this is a common issue among other players as well, or we're just doing something wrong.

Make sure you were not killed, unconscious or in handcuffs when you left. Characters are sometimes reset (its a alpha, this is needed) or you may be connecting to servers not on the public hive (I think some are hacked so they are not connected). Some servers are also known to wipe your inventory on logon/logoff.

Yeah, the odd status parts aren't an issue.  I tend not to log off when any of those things.  The character reset I get (which totally isn't a problem), but, it's just weird.  Every time I log on, my character on the screen is as I left him, but, as soon as I connect to a realm it's all ocean noise, empty inventory and darkness.  I've tried logging off right away, but, nothing seems to work.  Happened at least 5 or 6 times in the last three days (I'm not proud of the number of hours I've put in so far, so addictive, which just adds to the frustration).

On a related note, trying a reinstall now.  Maybe something went wrong with my version.

Edited by mrcheesedog

Some servers aren't whitelisted with the central server thus they can't gain access to your data so they force your data to be reset and thus you end up on the coast, Your best bet is to stay on the servers your usually on...and not to server hop for loot.

I've lost 2 characters now from server hopping! Let this be a lesson to all would be server hoppers. Like was said, it's bad mmmkay?

If you server hop a lot....You're gonna have a bad time. 

So, is there any way to continue playing a character that you've been on for a while?  There's a lot of talk of people surviving for a while, but, every time I quit and return later, I'm forced to start a new character.  I looked around a bit, but, I don't see anything that would keep me.  Am I doing something wrong?

mergin

So my friend and I were traversing a server, we had literally gone from one end of the map to another. We were pretty geared up with a a couple mosins and m4s when we reached a town. The server had not been reset in a while, so we decided to hop on to another server to increase our chances of getting loot. When we both logged on, we saw the dreaded "Ready Default" prompt and we were respawned on the beach with none of our gear.

This happens on a fairly consistent basis to us, and it's extremely frustrating. Obviously it's still in alpha, but I was wondering if this is a common issue among other players as well, or we're just doing something wrong.

m m m  merging!

Thank you Orlok for keeping this stuff together! :P

Hope this gets fixed soon.