treirk

Sometimes my character doesn't save and I come back as a freshspawn!

This happened to me for the first 2 days until I realized what the problem was.  If you keep your steam profile as "offline" or show as "offline to friends" it will not save your characters items to your profile.  

Make sure to keep your profile" online always" and you will be good to go.  

I keep having a problem where I will randomly start as a new spawn after starting my game back up. Normally happens after a server goes down or I haven't played in an hour or so. Anybody else having this problem?

I logged out because I was desyncing and came back into same server and found my guy wiped.

Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

some server use that when you spawn in you spawn as a fresh spawn we need to know if this option is on cause i just lost my character its the 3rd time it happen really tired

Edited by TheCourierVX

only happen in private server i lost 3 day of world map looting its really sad you dont know how im mad

some server use that when you spawn in you spawn as a fresh spawn we need to know if this option is on cause i just lost my character its the 3rd time it happen really tired

merging.

Topic speaks for itself. I attempted to log into a server, it took forever and went through a few different screens and then it eventually came up with a message saying something like;

"Your character could not be retrieved and has been reset. An administrator has been notified."

Then the next time I logged in I was on the coast - a fresh spawn. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Edited by Llesor
  • Like 1

Ya this is a relatively well documented bug. Lots of players experiencing character resets when logging on to server (including my self). Not really sure why it happens yet

My character always resets :( say I am done for the day. I log, come back next day on a different server and bam, I am a fresh spawn.. :/ 

Yeah, happened a couple times to me on end-game characters.

Not a nice experience, but alpha - so, hey.

I keep having a problem where I will randomly start as a new spawn after starting my game back up. Normally happens after a server goes down or I haven't played in an hour or so. Anybody else having this problem?

merging

Recently happened to me and I had a British assault pack, mountain backpack, tons of food and water, 100 rounds of ammo for both my magnum and my m4a1 with a bayonet and a flash light attached to it. Seriously if your gonna reset characters tell them in advance 

Topic speaks for itself. I attempted to log into a server, it took forever and went through a few different screens and then it eventually came up with a message saying something like;

"Your character could not be retrieved and has been reset. An administrator has been notified."

Then the next time I logged in I was on the coast - a fresh spawn. Has anyone had any experience with this?

merging

That happened to me, had over 600 M4a4 bullets, 100 mosin bullets, 300 fnx bullets, full end game... then I logged naked, best  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

That happened to me, had over 600 M4a4 bullets, 100 mosin bullets, 300 fnx bullets, full end game... then I logged naked, best  :thumbsup:

Best comment evah! you just won teh interwebs Sr

Tried relogging on the same server I was just on after it restarted and reset again.

Yep, same here. Getting gear is completely senseless right now, it will disappear after you exit the game. Tried it on lots of servers now, guess we gotta wait for a fix ASAP, because this is a pretty serious problem.

Well I think I'll hold off logging back in until a hotfix or something comes along to fix this. Don't want the past 4 hours of looting to go to waste because I logged out and logged back in.

Edited by Foxhunt

Best comment evah! you just won teh interwebs Sr

Well I had a fully geared up, Mosin with a pristine sight, I've been reset and lost my balls and grown a pair of tits yes the operation was successful my toon is now a women.

im not making a bug report. i dont have time for that shit.  Im just here to tell you....THAT EVERY SINGLE TIME I LOG OUT....I AM A NEWSPAWN WHEN I LOG BACK ONTO A SERVER.  If I get d/c'd, or the server restarts, or if i just leave a server and join a different or same one...doesnt matter...my toon is NEVER saved.

Guess I wont bother playing till they address this.

OH and I almost forgot..sometimes I log into a fully geared, LOOT GOBLIN character that DIED about a WEEK AGO.....lol..serious issues here.

Edited by Dorner
  • Like 1

There's no end game in DayZ. It ends when you die.

But on to the topic. Keep in mind that you have to stay in the same hive. I played today, yesterday, tried the experimental servers, and I still hame my 15 days old character. Even switching between the experimental servers and back, kept both characters on the 2 seperate hives.