treirk

Sometimes my character doesn't save and I come back as a freshspawn!

Hello,

I just logged in on some 11/30 Server from the normal Server-List and was spawned somewhere I've not logged out having a jeans, flashlight and battery.. This is shit compared to that my charakter was fully geared in advance! Is there a way to restore my orgininal charakter? Why was that happening - that Charakter reset? I really need help on this one because it's frustrating to start new compared to what i already achieved.

Thank you very much

pscl

• Like 1

A mate of me experienced this, too :(

I think, that the hive will save your latest progress, so: Your character is absolutely gone, I think.

Last time i've seen this, it was linked with an error like "Can't load character". I don't think, there's any solution than going north an *obligatory alpha blablabla*.

Have my beans for consolation :D

Hello,

I just logged in on some 11/30 Server from the normal Server-List and was spawned somewhere I've not logged out having a jeans, flashlight and battery.. This is shit compared to that my charakter was fully geared in advance! Is there a way to restore my orgininal charakter? Why was that happening - that Charakter reset? I really need help on this one because it's frustrating to start new compared to what i already achieved.

Thank you very much

pscl

merging

It's an Alpher.

There will be character wipes all the time.

You accepted this yourself when you bought the game. It clearly states that it's an Alpha on the Steam page.

I understand the game is in development, though losing progress for no apparent reason is somewhat frustrating. I will spend hours scavenging stuff, but when I relog, my character is reset... Is this a known issue? Is there a work around?

Probably best to report it officially through the feedback tracker. I've seen sporadic reports of this. My only suggestion is to use a filter to stick to one particular set of servers (e.g. MDGS).

well.. the game is on alpha but try veryfing your cache, or wait for a update that is prob coming out soon.

Yeah I think it is due to changing to a different server provider. Because I do end up at time server hoping when a server starts to fill up, and I did realize that I don't always choose the same server type, and pretty sure it's been happening due to that. Too bad though, had finally farmed so decent stuff and was ready to go out and enjoy the game =(

I'd say just don't get attached to your gear/progress.  Constant resetting sounds like a bug, so you might want to report that or upvote an existing report, but there will be wipes in the future as they do new patches.

• Like 2

I find the first 30 minutes as a fresh spawn are quite exciting. But for the impatient players all you can do is wait for the patch that cures this problem. Of all the times I've connected to a new server only once was I reset, and it happened to be in a barracks at Balota airfield. I managed to join the new server and saw the inside of the barracks, then was instantly shown the message that my progress was lost. This is also the only time I've hopped right on top of military loot.....

So I switched servers... and lost everything. I get to start again, lucky me. Second time this has happened, I've lost two sets of silenced guns and nightvision goggs... someone needs to fix this shit (along with bullshit fall damage) 

/rage

anyone else have this happen? 

• Like 1

Yes this just happened to me.

Lost 6 hours of gameplay. Had a shitload of inventory. Lots of meds, food, survival supplies, largest bag, largest pants, tactical vest, m41a, handgun, firefighter axe etc etc...

Was very angry for a few minutes but then realised it's alpha and I can't say shit because I accept that there would be annoying bugs.

There should be a log or character report on how your character died/dissapeard or something.

Character just got reset about 10 minutes ago due to a server not recognizing? Server administration was notified, got a red message like that and bam reset.

Wondering if anyone else got this as well across the board? Possible hack?

Was totally kitted out, let out a big WTF.. then laughed as I go on a new adventure for gear. Long time lurker and fan, keep up the excellent work Rocket!

Hey guys just wanted to know if there is anything going on or if anyone else just noticed a player wipe. All was fine until we decided to get on a server with more people and the then all of our toons were wiped. Thought maybe we were getting a patch.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Same here to me and 2 other friends.

It's an alpha guys, possibly a new build that's comming out.

(first time this happens to me and/or my friends)

Edited by Freeaze

i was in a server fully geard. i switched to join my friend and its the same server version and it wipes my gear completely. what the fuck is going on now. This is complete bullshit. 

Edited by Crakka
  • Like 1