treirk

Sometimes my character doesn't save and I come back as a freshspawn!

Same issue here.

Trying to figure out if its a bug or a hive realated issue

So we should have hives in the stand alone aswell?

EDIT:

Just tried now an "old server" found in my history and i popped with one of my geared character

So it would seem , you have to stay in the same hive.

Edited by oljx

I seem to be getting this even after the update. Been using the same server and my character always re-spawns at the beach with default gear. I don't mind too much, but it can be a pain searching empty houses when there is no loot re-spawn.

When they will remove this bug that ur character is not saving properly ? And u are being spawned again ?

Read and / or search the forums :)

[recursive link removed]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy
recursive link removed after merge

I seem to be getting this even after the update. Been using the same server and my character always re-spawns at the beach with default gear. I don't mind too much, but it can be a pain searching empty houses when there is no loot re-spawn.

Yep , i try right now and still same.

After the latest update, I could not open doors is some servers. When I joined on a different server my character was at the coast fresh spawned, and I finally was able to open doors. Is my old character gone forever?

It's pretty likely they're gone, yes.

Sadly that's one of the many things you'll have to get used to over the course of the Alpha - losing your character at random.

Also, the bug with not being able to open doors etc is to do with the server version being different to the version you're running. It might be worth checking that out.

Lol, you're just copy/pasting that shit all over.

It's nice though. Keep doing it :)

Are they gone because the update happen? I heard that there are two different hives?

Edited by bha2597

Are they gone because the update happen? I heard that there are two different hives?

Yes there are a few (6) servers running the experimental branch, all other servers are running the normal branch. When you login to the experimental branch, you will have a different character and it will not affect your main. It's recommended you stick with the normal branch though.

if you cannot open doors or climb ladders then you are running a different version to the server. Verify your game cache to ensure your game is up to date and/or try a different server that matches the version you are running.

Edited by SmashT

So i've tried the forum search and maybe i am just retarded and it eludes me, but is anyone else having a problem where they lose ALL their gear after switching to another server as if you've died and started out fresh all over again? Is it a bug that can be prevented by the player or do we just deal with it till its fixed? Thanks ^^

I've heard that it's a bug.  I've read that the only way to fix it is to rejoin the server you were playing on when you collected all your gear.

Edited by Skat3rat

I'm not sure if someone's already mentioned this, but I think the devs have mentioned that updates are causing some/all characters to restart in order to remove buggy equipment. This should stop and your character should start saving when the alpha starts becoming more stabilized.

The server thing between updates. I feel like that's a bug though xD
Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Edited by Inanity

Same happened to me couple of times. My character does not saved when i joined different server on the next day.  :(

I think you guys are simply joining private hive servers, I noticed that on some servers I got a new character, while on the obvious official ones I still have my old character,

that might be the problem?

I think this is caused by exiting when joining a server and it says "please wait" or whatever. Sometimes it can take upto 60 seconds, you just need to be patient. I was waiting ages earlier, I found pressing w to move forward made the game suddenly load

edit: Just to clarify a little more, the "waiting for server" screen is ok to esc out of, but I think if you do it out of the "please wait" screen it is like exiting when unconcious and resets. Just a theory not properly tested got to much ammo right now to start purposly trying to reset my guy XD

Edited by Kilo_UK

This has been happening to me multiple times in a single day.  I don't know how I'm supposed to give input on a game that I can't play.

Okay i understand it is in Alpha and that there should still be some problems. However My character has been wiped 2 times in 1 day. Its so frustrating, both times i have had very high levels of gear, a fully decked out mosin, full TTsKO clothing ballistic helmet and so on. the next i had mix of camouflage army gear and a nice looking M4A1 with plenty of ammo. I get on this afternoon to head to NWAF and all that stuff i put 3-4hours into earlier is gone.

So what is happening is when i relaunch game/join a new server my characters gear is wiped, all of it, and i am put in as a fresh spawn. and its not just today, every 2 days it happens or so and i cant bear it. cmon rocket fix this nonsense, and if anyone know how to stop this please say

*Edit* - yes i am frustrated and i know i sound like a massive t**t from writing this angry review, of all the friends i play with, i seem to be the only one this happens to for some reason, and i understand this is an alpha and i am 'testing' the game but i have had plenty experience killing zombies with a screwdriver and would much prefer to 'test' out blood bagging and using weapons, which just seems impossible when i get one chance before a reset of my character happens. this is the only bug that has bothered me, i dont mind if it looks like zombies can run through buildings, or if they can break my leg through a wall whilst i am on a ladder.

Edited by jasher