rocket

Another Quick Update 5 December 2013

Are there any features currently in the build, working or not - that you would consider removing before the alpha, that you aren't satisfied with?

Are there any features currently in the build, working or not - that you would consider removing before the alpha, that you aren't satisfied with?

I would bet that there are many. 

Are zombies still attacking eachother or do you plan on keeping that intentional?

In my opinion; I believe at this point, depending on some of the zombies (perhaps a low percentage, rising slowly depending server's total duration; max would be 20% of all zombies) that the zombies could cause a fight between each other for competition/aggressive behavior against the other zombies that are consuming corpses, the likeliness of the zombie that initiated the fight would lose the fight against the other would be high since we could assume that zombie is desperate for some flesh and is weak from that. Survival of the fittest as they say :)

The purpose of this is create some sort of meta-game or random events that could happen around Chernarus.

Edit: Fixed errors in post.

Edited by TIC321

Are zombies still attacking eachother or do you plan on keeping that intentional?

In my opinion; I believe at this point, depending on some of the zombies (perhaps a low percentage, rising slowly depending server's total duration; max would be 20% of all zombies) that the zombies could cause a fight between each other for competition against the other zombies that are consuming corpses, the likeliness of the zombie that initiated that would lose the fight against the other would be high since we could assume that zombie is desperate for some flesh and is weak from that. Survival of the fittest as they say :)

The purpose of this is create some sort of meta-game or random events that could happen around Chernarus.

That would be interesting.  I have not seen that in any other zombie/infected lore.  Would be fun to watch.

Will be tomorrow new thread about status like yesterday and today ?

"Will there be a status update tomorrow like yesterday's and today's"
Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 1

rocket? you see that pictures? you see those gifs? you see what you're doing to us? lmao  hahaha

any new infos about that zed problematic you've mentioned yesterday?

Edited by joe_mcentire

We knew we were getting close the instant those newly added to the testing group stopped saying "when's the next build coming?" and started saying "is the server going to stay up for a while longer?"

Test group eh?

How does one get involved in this? I've got years of experience with closed alpha/beta testing for games including Dystopia, Blade Symphony, Guncraft and Gunpoint. I was also one of the lead testers for nmrih until my son was born.. Shoot me a pm, if you're willing to give me a shot, Rocket. :)

I missed probably my favorite new "win" of the day, which was getting a working pistol holster into the game (chest holster). That was a high point, and allows us to do "proxy in proxy" enabling us to put slots on backpacks to further extend the carrying capacity of survivors (i.e. two melee item slots on the outside of backpacks).

Do the weapons show when carrying them? Like Dayz Mod?

I suppose I should balance with, that after each build, things can get very messy including:

* inventory not syncing

* duplicated characters both running around according to characters controls

* invisible bodies (just floating heads)

* Many more!

So sometimes its good sometimes its not :)

Even if it was ten times as bad as the mod was in the beginning, I would still play it.

Edited by Wayze

Just say it now, no Dayz SA before the new year, I just want to forget about it and be relaxed now and not coming here every day being hopeful.

Rocket Clause is going to have a very Merry Christmas.

AA3lZDL.jpg

Fuck lambos. With all that cash I would buy a panda bear, put a saddle on it and buy it gold teeth.

• Like 2

Just say it now, no Dayz SA before the new year, I just want to forget about it and be relaxed now and not coming here every day being hopeful.

Just do it, bro. Also, if that's you in the avatar, this wait has worn on you.

You can't say fair warning hasn't been given that this will be a work in progress, being part of that will be something new for me and I'm looking forward to it.

I do seem to have been sucked onto that choo choo train though you mad bastards :lol: 

• Like 1

Do the weapons show when carrying them? Like Dayz Mod?

Check on 08:00 when Rocket is running with his compass. Did you mean like that? You can see axe and mosin on his back.

I missed probably my favorite new "win" of the day, which was getting a working pistol holster into the game (chest holster). That was a high point, and allows us to do "proxy in proxy" enabling us to put slots on backpacks to further extend the carrying capacity of survivors (i.e. two melee item slots on the outside of backpacks).

After the last video devblog I was actually thinking, it would pretty cool if they had holsters for pistols and surely enough it's added in. Great work!

Game was *released yesterday; this is the hotfix. See, if you take the number of words written, and divide that by Rocket's name over DayZ times 2, you'll see Half Life 3 Confirmed.

(I wrote "Realized" the first time. Sorry!)

Edited by Applejaxc
  • Like 1

I suppose I should balance with, that after each build, things can get very messy including:

* inventory not syncing

* duplicated characters both running around according to characters controls

* invisible bodies (just floating heads)

* Many more!

So sometimes its good sometimes its not :)

Yes - floating heads! Leave them in the game, please! Think of the fear and panic as you turn around from looting under a bed, to find a floating head and bloody hatchet blocking your exit.  :o

Thanks for the update.  We appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the DayZ Standalone.  Please keep your fans informed of the progress as we draw near to an Alpha release.

cover-me.jpg

Edited by sfscriv

take your time cause this will become whine hell anyway

take your time cause this will become whine hell anyway

I personally cannot wait to listen to people moan about the alpha. So. Beautiful.

• Like 1

Check on 08:00 when Rocket is running with his compass. Did you mean like that? You can see axe and mosin on his back.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2aRJhG2TwR0

That guy at 08:00, mesh, textures are damn hot. Can't wait anymore.

At least give it to popular livestream channels like Psisyndicate. I want to see the dude roaming in SA, now. If it's server capacity issue, letting a few streamers in before the Alpha won't hurt anyone.

Edited by Day Unit