rocket

Another Quick Update 5 December 2013

I really don't think Rocket knows when.  I know that when my group works on apps (we write cloud software) we really don't know when they will be ready - you have a good sense of when you are closing in on the finish line, but it really isn't ready until it is ready - like he said one seemingly little issue can actually be complex to reverse engineer and something that seems like a real systemic issue is fixed in 5 minutes amazingly.

It sounds like they are feeling like they are getting close.  I will say one thing from experience here - once they do release the early access they will begin fixing and improving things very very rapidly - morale will be high, feedback will spur them on and I believe they'll enter a phase of accelerated discovery and improvement

too much of this uncertainty - we dont know again when will be alpha, unnecessarily have started us thinking in november will be alpha (? :blush: )

So... when does Season 2 of The Walking Dead Adventure finally release?

Just kidding! Looking forward to the alpher release! A lot of people are very eager to see it released, but honestly, take your time. I know it won't be released in a perfect state, but it won't be free either and as you charge for it there are specific standards the game must meet, in my opinion at least.

Sounds like a very positive few days Dean, can't wait to get playing/testing.

Good work.

What about client performance & optimization (multithreading etc.)?

• Like 1

Would be epic if it was to be released tomorrow :D its my birthday and everything so would be the best present to be able to play alpha xD

Also, I found out today its not quite as simple as me pushing a button to go live (disappointingly and perhaps naively, I literally had an image of me pushing a button). But there are some parameters to be worked within.

I imagined a green button and a red button and every day before you punch out you press one. How close am i?

The development of the last few weeks really consists of:

1. "Yey! it's finished! I've merged the awesome thing that I was working on for months and will solve everything!"

2. "Why didn't that solve everything?" 

3. Lots of scratching of heads, denial, etc...

4. "Conference room everyone, bring the whiteboards"

5. Investigation

6. "Aha!" moment

7. Checkin. Compile. Checkin. Recompile. Checkin. Recompile again

8. Repeat from 1.

• Like 23

I have a lot of respect for this "let's do it correctly" business model where people are charged less for unstable software and warned about the problems. Compared many of the games released by popular companies these days, it's a very nice change of pace. Who else has bought a full priced beta labeled as a complete game recently?

How much help would the average alpha player be able to offer? Will you have some kind of in-game feedback system where players can submit bug reports and things of the sort?

Edited by Xucphra
  • Like 2

I feel for you Rocket :)

I have a lot of respect for this "let's do it correctly" business model where people are charged less for unstable software and warned about the problems.

^^ this

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 1

Rather than say "it has a shot for a particular date" I hope people are really thinking "it has a shot for a decent state". Because that's what matters most, I think.

That is an excellent point.  This is a problem I think many of us have been battling.  We want it noaw, but it isn't ready now and it a bummer  :lol:

Would be epic if it was to be released tomorrow :D its my birthday and everything so would be the best present to be able to play alpha xD

You people overhype yourselves, the man just said they are going to make a review tomorrow so at best will lauch next week lol. Make some sense people.

That is an excellent point.  This is a problem I think many of us have been battling.  We want it noaw, but it isn't ready now and it a bummer  :lol:

We knew we were getting close the instant those newly added to the testing group stopped saying "when's the next build coming?" and started saying "is the server going to stay up for a while longer?"

• Like 8

We knew we were getting close the instant those newly added to the testing group stopped saying "when's the next build coming?" and started saying "is the server going to stay up for a while longer?"

Dat hype:p

Dat hype:p

I suppose I should balance with, that after each build, things can get very messy including:

* inventory not syncing

* duplicated characters both running around according to characters controls

* invisible bodies (just floating heads)

* Many more!

So sometimes its good sometimes its not :)

• Like 3

The development of the last few weeks really consists of:

1. "Yey! it's finished! I've merged the awesome thing that I was working on for months and will solve everything!"

2. "Why didn't that solve everything?" 

3. Lots of scratching of heads, denial, etc...

4. "Conference room everyone, bring the whiteboards"

5. Investigation

6. "Aha!" moment

7. Checkin. Compile. Checkin. Recompile. Checkin. Recompile again

8. Repeat from 1.

post-42731-0-86156400-1386282431_thumb.j

EDIT: For me this is an image I can click on and view.  Can anyone else see it or do you have to download it?  I don't know how to post an image that isn't on the web

EDIT2:  Rocket beanz woo!!

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 4

Rocket do you have any idea when the the review of today's information will take place? Like a time? 

Edited by Protector

I suppose I should balance with, that after each build, things can get very messy including:

* inventory not syncing

* duplicated characters both running around according to characters controls

* invisible bodies (just floating heads)

* Many more!

So sometimes its good sometimes its not :)

Nothing that cant be fixed after early access right? ;)

One of the things I'm kind of curious about is about base building. Are you still planning to make bases underground(that is, if you make bases possible in the first place), or would the network bubble allow above ground bases?

Rocket do you have any idea when the the review of today's information will take place? Like a time?

High noon, motherfucker.

Also, I found out today its not quite as simple as me pushing a button to go live (disappointingly and perhaps naively, I literally had an image of me pushing a button). But there are some parameters to be worked within.

Sweet.  Awaiting the trains, .gifs, pics and all the goodness that follows most of these 200 page threads.  

IT HAS BEGUN!

iux1.jpg

• Like 13

i love these news... really puts things in perspective... although it does make me a hell of alot more excited to finally get to try this buggy mess <3