rocket

Another Quick Update 5 December 2013

Think of all the people that wanted to play the SA atleast once in their lifes, but died in a car accident.

Horrific thought, it could happen to all of us. No SA... ever.

Better yet. What if Mandela was Humanbeing25??

Duhn Duhn duhn

more melee more awesome

Will you be able to kick zombies? make some space between you and them?

Something like?

chuck-norris-roundhouse-kick-gif-i10.gif

Why do you feel the need to mention that ASM isn't being used and that C/C++ needs to be compiled? Is it because I mentioned "debugger"? Seriously, why did you even make that statement? To say that a program written in C++ can't be used in a debugger? What kind of IDE is Bohemia using, then, lol?

Also, all of the things you mentioned are not even close to computationally intensive. You could run through all of that arithmetic tens of thousands of times per second. I mean, damn, you could be lazy and loop through ten thousand zombie xyz's with a 3d dist formula and STILL not come close to touching the 5 ms window "20 server fps" aims at.

I mean, they ARE using C/C++, right? Right?

It's funny cause you think that a developer would waste their time trawling through ASM. 

I don't follow you? Why would anyone use second generation when they ahve the ability to use 3rd generation? It just doesn't make sense, you're dealing with so much code I couldn't even begin to wonder why the fuck anyone would use a debugger using ASM. That's like.....looking at the execution of an exterior library related to DirectX that only calls 1 function, such as a pixel lmao.

I don't really think you know what you're talking about. Well it wouldn't be  complicated if the damage was a set prefix such as 78 damage calculated by a simple stat formula. But we're working with modular body parts here that require there own calculations.

I really don't think you understand what you're talking about :/

one simple thing has been missing from this beloved dayz... ability to defend by fists and feet. There should be option to punch and kick. Its wrong to compare to real life but if anyone attacks you, what do you do? Grab into anything nearby object and beat the living shit out this attacker.

one simple thing has been missing from this beloved dayz... ability to defend by fists and feet. There should be option to punch and kick. Its wrong to compare to real life but if anyone attacks you, what do you do? Grab into anything nearby object and beat the living shit out this attacker.

Did you not watch the stream?

This forum has some incredible double standards.

Why are you even still here? So much energy wasted with complaining and being a wise-ass. I srsly don't get you sometimes gummy. Are you trolling or are you serious about all you say. Some people are really strange

Edited by IHombreI

Did you not watch the stream?

What stream?

Rocket,

Will there be new horror music in SA? loved the music in the mod but after 500+ hours of gameplay it became a bit monotonous. If the answers no for alpha, is it on the cards in future updates?

Many Thanks

Will there be new horror music in SA? loved the music in the mod but after 500+ hours of gameplay it became a bit monotonous. If the answers no for alpha, is it on the cards in future updates?

When first starting, I turned the music off after approximately 71/2  minutes. It's still that way.

• Like 1

Playing DayZ with any music playing in game or otherwise makes absolutely no sense to me personally.

I would like more varied and random environmental sounds.

• Like 1

Thats a good idea BioHaze, would be more realistic, like when you hear the bells ring in cherno etc.

When first starting, I turned the music off after approximately 71/2  minutes. It's still that way.

I have only 20-30 gameplay hours but music is very good for horror atmosphere. After 500+ hours, when you know every bush, it might tire plyer's ears. After 500+ hours it's already not a horror.

I have only 20-30 gameplay hours but music is very good for horror atmosphere. After 500+ hours, when you know every bush, it might tire plyer's ears. After 500+ hours it's already not a horror.

I actually feel the opposite way, to me the music pulled me out of the experience. That's why I turned it off already at the beginning.

The ingame sounds make me feel the same way, they have to be caused by something real, something interactive.

I made a suggestion on this very topic once, read or ignore as you wish: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/16342-player-activated-environment-sounds/

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 2

Thats a good idea BioHaze, would be more realistic, like when you hear the bells ring in cherno etc.

Rocket said something about sound programmer from main Bohemia. I think it'll be cool, different acoustics in buildings( especially cathedrals, big rooms etc.), near water etc. I don't know if it already been, but I don't hear it.

I actually feel the opposite way, to me the music pulled me out of the experience. That's why I turned it off already at the beginning.

The ingame sounds make me feel the same way, they have to be caused by something real, something interactive.

I made a suggestion on this very topic once, read or ignore as you wish: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/16342-player-activated-environment-sounds/

I know about yout talk, I turned off music in many games, but in this i like it. It really helps  to be deep in thought. I suppose i'll change my mind after when I would be deeper.

I'v read, I absolutely agree with you. When I become read I thought about forest and I saw it at the end. I think it'l be great personal sounds for territory. As they said they have possibility diff sounds even for shoes( example will be in alpha). I hope on scratch when Z went near door( BUT not always), creaking floorboards etc. What about Z strikes against pot for example( not always of course), when he went near it?

• Like 1

DO THE ALPHA TEST WITH POPULAR LIVESTREAMERS NOW!!!

I wasn't going to say anything but after watching Psisyndicate's latest video about him having doubts, I decided to press on a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CR34xdNmM

It's understandable that livestreamers are feeling a bit drained at this point. The mods are very bare bone, they're great game modes but they lack the features that is now in SA.

I know some people complained that Livestreamers shouldn't have priority, but those people can just suck it up and face that this'll only speed up the process for making the game.

Again, give popular stream channels priority. Hicks's (Reddit name) idea was great, don't let a small part of the community ruined it for everyone.

Edited by Day Unit

Playing DayZ with any music playing in game or otherwise makes absolutely no sense to me personally.

I would like more varied and random environmental sounds.

I wouldn't like random sounds, but I would like environmental sounds coming from the environment, you could make them client side operated with the risk of someone being near you and looping some crazy bird sounds, which they could do through direct anyway.

I wouldn't like random sounds, but I would like environmental sounds coming from the environment, you could make them client side operated with the risk of someone being near you and looping some crazy bird sounds, which they could do through direct anyway.

How is it possible that you can contradict and then restate what I said adding a little bit of other nonsense? *head full of fuck*

The "sounds coming from the environment" would be generated based on random branches falling, a squirrel or lizard scurrying etc. Random.

:|

Edited by BioHaze

I would recommend TexasHighDef's channel to Dean, if he's looking for audio. TexasHighDef records nature sound in like 8 hours long, and he records sound using high-end equipment.

8 hours of rain. 8 hours of storm. Rain on pavement. Listening to rain from inside the car. Waterfall. Beach. River. Brook. People buy these to help them sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasHighDef/videos

Edited by Day Unit
  • Like 3

It's funny cause you think that a developer would waste their time trawling through ASM.

I've written nothing to suggest that I think that, nothing even close. What is this, some kind of discrete trolling?

Please elaborate why you claim I think that.

Edited by gummy52

The development of the last few weeks really consists of:

1. "Yey! it's finished! I've merged the awesome thing that I was working on for months and will solve everything!"

2. "Why didn't that solve everything?" 

3. Lots of scratching of heads, denial, etc...

4. "Conference room everyone, bring the whiteboards"

5. Investigation

6. "Aha!" moment

7. Checkin. Compile. Checkin. Recompile. Checkin. Recompile again

8. Repeat from 1.

Oh, see that's your problem right there; you're supposed to compile the code before you check the changes into the repo.

',=-P