rocket

Another Quick Update 5 December 2013

I believe there is currently a punching ability already in the SA.

yea there is punching, but punching is only good when you don't have any weapons

kicking like in dead island would be nice, but with half the force like in this vid (cause its unrealistic)

just to make some space between you and the zombies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdtWdzXuL4A

What I really want to see is if they would implement a melee system similar to the one from Mount & Blade. It would be amazing. With the zombies they've now in SA, it would be perfect.

The player's block and attack follows their cursor movement, if your cursor moves upward while blocking, you're blocking a swing from the above. There's also footsies while those were going on, attacking or blocking doesn't stop you from walking, you would see players circling each other a bit looking for a weakness while continue feinting attacks, or block and go behind the player and axe him before he fully realizes what's going on.

Feinting: Cancel a swing you made half way through and block or attack again from another direction.

(Tutorial starts after 1 minute:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9jHcZjWw9U)

Edited by Day Unit

yea there is punching, but punching is only good when you don't have any weapons

kicking like in dead island would be nice, but with half the force like in this vid (cause its unrealistic)

I dunno.  I somehow think kicking/punching a psychotic cannibal sprinting after you wouldn't be very effective.

• Like 5

just to make some space between you and the zombies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdtWdzXuL4A

DEAD ISLAND SUCKS ASS ! dont add shit from other games because dayz doesnt have it :(

come up with your own original ideas not just add shit from every zombie game. thats why so many games suck ass now. they all copying each other and then they wonder why noone buys them or rages when they do.

So I’m kind of reading between the lines that this is not going to be released till next year. And to tell you the truth that’s the right thing. If you put it out when the office is holiday if something becomes obvious its broken then there is no one to fix it til they get back.

Come out the blocks, fresh and refreshed and release early next year!

The hype train is pulling in for a stop

I dunno.  I somehow think kicking/punching a psychotic cannibal sprinting after you wouldn't be very effective.

Very good point! unless we just happen to have training in Chuck norris fu then thats a dif story.

How are there still synchronization issues in Bohemia games? How is that not a complete failure? How is that not fixable in 30 minutes by any programmer with a debugger?

Because there is no Debugger that magicaly finds and fixes all bugs. Mind, that the source code syntax can be completely legit but there still are bugs in wich happen to be there because of the context. Imagine that a writing program also doesn't correct your wrong statements, contentwise.

Writing with the correct grammar and spelling does not mean that a statement is 100% correct by any means.

E.g., you are planning to code a program that multiplies Number1 with Number2. So in code you write:

result = Number1 + Number2;

printf("result is: %f",result);

Yeah result is wrong, + is not *. As easy as it seems to be, but no debugger will ever find such a bug, telling you that he read your mind and that you used the wrong operator. Well, this just was an easy example. Things can be way more complex.

If it comes to thousands of lines of code... Well, you get the idea that it's not necessarily done in 30 minutes.

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 2

If Dean could have us all playing the game of a standard that was acceptable and enjoyable to play then he would be the first to cheer the fact it was out.

Yes he has handled communication with the fans badly, yes he actually went what looked like into hiding but he’s committed to get the best game he can out. What BIS should have done is back it more and seen it was a great idea and not just some nice off shoot to make some money off with sale of ARMAII. As a project has it lost its momentum, its window to shine? I don’t know! Things have moved on along with the people interested. Some are just bored with the whole concept after playing the mod for too long.

I’m hoping months from now an actual semi polished SA is available, I have no interest playing anything early as one I don’t have a system to play it and second I just don’t want to play something broken and missing so much. One thing for sure is a lot of work is still needing done.

Mods/DayZ Team,

Do you know if there will be a DayZ server installation tool for Standalone available immediately when the Alpha is released? At the moment my community lease a dedicated server box and hope to host DayZ Standalone on it as soon as the Alpha is released, will this be possible?

Thanks

Rather than say "it has a shot for a particular date" I hope people are really thinking "it has a shot for a decent state". Because that's what matters most, I think.

I reckon that no amount of testing can safe guard you from problems that will occur when the sea of people play it release day.

So personally i'm not looking forward to it when it's released for this alone. I'd love for it to be 100% perfect for you guys, i just think that there will always be unforeseen errors when you have so many people ready to play it the moment that it's released 

"Zombie pathing, collision, and tracking is "on par" with the mod for now"

to be fixed

"...after the release of the alpha."

That is not good news.

Edited by Blackadder

So looking foward to being able to help with this development It will be awsome 

Quick qustion: I am guessing the dynamic construction will be implimented in ether beta or full release will it be like underground construction?

Mods/DayZ Team,

Do you know if there will be a DayZ server installation tool for Standalone available immediately when the Alpha is released? At the moment my community lease a dedicated server box and hope to host DayZ Standalone on it as soon as the Alpha is released, will this be possible?

Thanks

To quote Rocket from his livestream.

This is kind of the million dollar question, I guess one of the biggest problems that we have is trying to ensure security and we just don't know about all the vunerabilities, obviously there is a lot of stuff that we have patched and changed, entire systems are changed but you are just never quite sure. So we are going to do whatever it takes to really secure it, we've actually been working with some of the people who hosted the mod to see if we can get servers for launch and then we are going to have to take it how it comes and see what happens.
Edited by SmashT

If you release alpha now I'd be so happy. I'm completely free tomorrow.

3439239-4343.0.570.359.jpg

Edited by Day Unit
  • Like 1

Because there is no Debugger that magicaly finds and fixes all bugs.

No shit, pigs don't fly either. That doesn't answer my question. Why did you claim that I think Bohemia would be "trawling through ASM"? That's the third time I've asked why you brought up ASM and the third time you've avoided the question.

Edited by gummy52

No shit, pigs don't fly either. That doesn't answer my question. Why did you claim that I think Bohemia would be "trawling through ASM"? That's the third I've asked why you brought up ASM and the third time you've avoided the question.

Yes, that's correct. I didn't answer this question but the other one you asked earlier, that one I quoted, you know?

Am I obligated to answer your questions? Also in a certain order?

Well to the other one, maybe they thought you are referring to a debugger in particular?

Or did you just mean *all* debugger anyway?

(Then ASM might be included, if it is one.)

You may try asking more precisely. ;-)

Edited by Ken Bean

"Zombie pathing, collision, and tracking is "on par" with the mod for now"

to be fixed

"...after the release of the alpha."

That is not good news.

It's not as bad as it sounds, Bladder. :)

From what I've seen and head, it seems like there are issues that will need to be fixed, but barring any wholesale changes, you won't have to worry about hyperspeed zig-zagging zombies that are impossible to hit.

We do host an Dayz Epoch Server on a fast root server. So will we be able to host a server for the standalone? Will we get the files to host the server? Will use the engine 4 cores or more? We would like to host a server in Germany for all our friends in europe.