SmashT

November Round-up

Let's say rhetorically that the game was built on the premise of GTA V.  In this aspect, the game would be severely limited in regards to Survival.  While you can die, the implementation of hunger, thirst, need for sleep etc. would be extremely difficult due to the limitations of the engine.

That's actually not true. Like, not at all. That statement doesn't even make any sense

but arma loads textures while playing from the harddrive! Other Games dont, or they dont load so much.

I'm sure you can back this up with empirical evidence

A popular example would be Skyrim, especially a modded PC version. Runs just fine without a SSD and I can assure you that it has to do way more on demand texture loading

Edited by Elo

SOME should STFU man I've never seen so much fucking Spam since last Months Round Up. :lol: 

And to think me I'm on my second Warning, been banned once, stopped from posting once and had to have every Post approved by a Forum Mod lmfagdao

Keep it on Topic Fellas

SOME should STFU man I've never seen so much fucking Spam since last Months Round Up. :lol:

And to think me I'm on my second Warning, been banned once, stopped from posting once and had to have every Post approved by a Forum Mod lmfagdao

Keep it on Topic Fellas

Constructive posts that aren't necessarily on-topic don't receive the same punishment as a bad attitude. 

However, with that being said, you are correct: please keep it on topic ladies and gentlemen. 

Constructive posts that aren't necessarily on-topic don't receive the same punishment as a bad attitude. 

However, with that being said, you are correct: please keep it on topic ladies and gentlemen. 

YOU go you Champ, your earning every dollar they don't pay you

On-topic please.

• Like 2

But Dean himself said we are not talking about weeks. They have just few bugs left and almost fixed them yesterday already. almost. They know whats the cause all they need to do now is to fix it

"People will read into anything. And actually, I'm not saying it will definitely be weeks. Today it almost looked like we had reached the performance target, but the bug we fixed had a more subtle bug hiding behind it.

I don't do clues and I never have, if I post a picture take it at face value. It's a picture of three bullets. There's no game in how we release this, we'll just release it." - rocket2guns

so.. choo choo?

He says pre alpha players per server target is 50, once we see that they're working 50 without resets I'd say release in two days or less.
  • Like 1

On-topic please.

Seriously I dont give a fuck, you are one fucking Idiot Inception lol and remember this your just a fucking Tool on a Forum doing it for nothing, you antagonistic Dick. Ban do whatever, This Forum is that fucked almost all just come back with a changed IP  because none of you fucking Idiots know how to even use or create a Forum. GOOD BYE CUNT

Edited by Inception.
40 day suspension.

This will not end well at all. Not at f*cking all.

On another note, maybe hetstaine is going on an endurance run as they were on for like 3hrs.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 3

Seriously I dont give a fuck, you are one fucking Idiot Inception lol and remember this your just a fucking Tool on a Forum doing it for nothing, you antagonistic Dick. Ban do whatever, This Forum is that fucked almost all just come back with a changed IP  because none of you fucking Idiots know how to even use or create a Forum. GOOD BYE CUNT

40 days should be long enough for the Standalone to release, surely. I await your return.

• Like 8

40 days should be long enough for the Standalone to release, surely. I await your return.

I think you need to add DayZ Mod forums on to your sig line as places you are fun enforcer. Not saying he didn't deserve it, but it sorta seems like it needs updating.

EDIT: just remembered that you are on the list of testers, so your prediction is that SA will come out this year?

Edited by Dchil

I think you need to add DayZ Mod forums on to your sig line as places you are fun enforcer. Not saying he didn't deserve it, but it sorta seems like it needs updating.

Will do, good idea!

Right, I think we should probably go on-topic now.

10-15 fps !!!! :rolleyes:  sorry thats a slide show ! :( a new engine to make it perfrom even worse than the current arma engines which are hardly number one for optimization :lol:

i understand its supposed to be a new engine but one of the worst things about dayz and arma games is the optomization performance. i understand its alpha and i hope for the love of god you get it to minimums of 30 and i mean minimum or this game will go down faster than the titanic and iceberg city.

10-15 fps !!!! :rolleyes:  sorry thats a slide show ! :( a new engine to make it perfrom even worse than the current arma engines which are hardly number one for optimization :lol:

i understand its supposed to be a new engine but one of the worst things about dayz and arma games is the optomization performance. i understand its alpha and i hope for the love of god you get it to minimums of 30 and i mean minimum or this game will go down faster than the titanic and iceberg city.

Server side FPS, not client side. Big difference (as has been pointed out in this thread and somebody with more knowledge than me will point out or hopefully explain). And it isn't that bad, i used to have to live with 5-20 depending on how my computer was feeling that day. It was my skills that let me down, as zombies were the main problem, not frame rate during a fire fight.

EDIT: to add relevant gif.

mofoyh4au3.gif

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 4

It's server fps... I'll tell you what fps a very good server can get with Wasteland. 5 fps

Little tip for you, it's always wise to educate yourself to the best of your abilities before you start to go off on a rant like that.

A good start would be to read the thread you are about to post in as all the information you require is right here.

• Like 2

Ffs sake, learn how to read  :rolleyes:

okay while im being schooled what is the minimum fps then ?

Depends on your hardware...

:facepalm:

• Like 3

EDIT: just remembered that you are on the list of testers, so your prediction is that SA will come out this year?

Oh, I don't particularly have a prediction. This year would be awesome, of course, but I'm not really sure myself.

Depends on your hardware...

:facepalm:

so how has he come to the minimums then?

or lets put it this way , what does arma 2 get in comparision ? does that have 15 fps minimums ? if its the same its not optimized if its worse thats took some doing . so please enlighten me to comparison to arma 2/arma 3 and serverside comparison fps. then ill know exactly what fps to expect.

or lets put it this way , what does arma 2 get in comparision ? does that have 15 fps minimums ? if its the same its not optimized if its worse thats took some doing . so please enlighten me to comparison to arma 2/arma 3 and serverside comparison fps. then ill know exactly what fps to expect.

The server FPS is different. For example Rocket said that at 5FPS on the server side, the zombies were rubber banding and glitching. If the server FPS is too low then players and AI start not working properly,. This is different to your personal client side FPS, which just controls how smooth the game is (in simple terms).

Edited by Owain1122

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1q7bcs/teased_tormented_abusedcome_on_rocket_and_co_give/cd9zsu2?context=3

Player simulation occurs 20 times per second Zombie simulation occurs 10 times per second

Anything below 20 FPS will affect player simulation. Anything below 10 FPS will affect zombie simulation. Above that, you probably don't notice a great benefit so much as not notice any bad things.

A couple of weeks ago the server was running constantly at about 5 FPS, and still functioning with the only main problem being rubberbanding zombies.

They really want 20 fps so there won't be glitching and whatever.

This is also the reason why horrible fps in Arma can result weird AI.

The real term for this is TPS (Ticks per second).

Edited by St. Jimmy

its okay just looked and basically for those that want to know the fps for players like us will be around the exact same as the mod of arma 2 dayz . so maybe as low as 20 in big cities as usual. was hoping it would be more optimized i guess not.

Edited by dgeesio

its okay just looked and basically for those that want to know the fps for players like us will be around the exact same as the mod of arma 2 dayz . so maybe as low as 20 in big cities as usual.

Obviously depends on the person :P I get about 30-40 FPS in cities!