SmashT

November Round-up

so how has he come to the minimums then?

or lets put it this way , what does arma 2 get in comparision ? does that have 15 fps minimums ? if its the same its not optimized if its worse thats took some doing . so please enlighten me to comparison to arma 2/arma 3 and serverside comparison fps. then ill know exactly what fps to expect.

think you can do a "Before - After" of the FPS once optimizations are completed and the Alpha is out the door and you can relax a bit so that we can see how bad it was and how much work has been done to fix performance?

Let me put it this way. a week ago it was not possible to run the server in the current configuration. Not in ArmA, not in DayZ SA. So a benchmark is not possible.

Again, just please try reading for a change. The information is out there..

Obviously depends on the person :P I get about 30-40 FPS in cities!

you do if the server doesnt lag ;)  from these figures it will be similar to arma 2 mod of dayz ! so if the server chugs you do regardless of how powerful your pc is.

you do if the server doesnt lag ;)  from these figures it will be similar to arma 2 mod of dayz ! so if the server chugs you do regardless of how powerful your pc is.

True but I can't remember the last server I had bad FPS on!

its okay just looked and basically for those that want to know the fps for players like us will be around the exact same as the mod of arma 2 dayz . so maybe as low as 20 in big cities as usual. was hoping it would be more optimized i guess not.

Where the hell did you pull that from? :huh:

Client performance out of the cities is very, very smooth. We still have a bug in the cities that occurs (and shouldn't) that causes lower framerates. This will eventually be solved, but for now it is noticable when looking at center of cities. Overall, the feedback from the testers is that performance is much smoother than with the mod.

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 5

This would happen to all online games though. It would not be just centered on the arma/dayz series of games. Though most games are less intense on hardware so server chugging is more likely to happen with this series.

Also capricornone, you seem to be on 420 posts.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

This is a legitimate problem which needs to be addressed before it can be released.

It's also quite a simple solution. 

Chooooooochooooooo  :ph34r:

Edited by CapricornOne

If the server is struggling only server-side objects are affected - in this case the zombies have problems with rubberbanding.

Your character shows no signs of slow-down though.

Overall for me the performance is quite a bit better than that of the mod, as Rocket just said this is the general consensus so far.

Edited by Rossums

its okay just looked and basically for those that want to know the fps for players like us will be around the exact same as the mod of arma 2 dayz . so maybe as low as 20 in big cities as usual. was hoping it would be more optimized i guess not.

You have got to stop going full retard.

• Like 2

Where the hell did you pull that from? :huh:

i pulled it from what dayz mod uses as a minimum and what rocket has said is the SA minimum they are very similar fps serverside values so it should be very similar fps for people playing.

basically arma suffers from terrible optimization you know this i do everyone does ! that doesnt mean that the games arent good its just they are not the most friendly pc games performance wise.

im hoping im totally wrong but when you have a uber spec pc running at 20 fps on a not great graphically looking game because it hasnt been optimized well i cant see how anyone can get annoyed when someone mentions it. minimums of 30 are okay and hopefully 60 avg but less than 30 minimums is not acceptable especially when on alot more intense better engines you can run at alot higher fps.

i look forward to the release and good luck on the launch ;)

Edited by dgeesio

i pulled it from what dayz mod uses as a minimum and what rocket has said is the SA minimum they are very similar fps serverside values so it should be very similar fps for people playing.

basically arma suffers from terrible optimization you know this i do everyone does ! that doesnt mean that the games are good its just they are not the most friendly pc games performance wise.

im hoping im totally wrong but when you have a uber spec pc running at 20 fps on a not great graphically looking game because it hasnt been optimized well i cant see how anyone can get annoyed when someone mentions it. minimums of 30 are okay and hopefully 60 avg but less than 30 minimums is not acceptable especially when on alot more intense better engines you can run at alot higher fps.

i look forward to the release and good luck on the launch ;)

The Mod and the Standalone use completely different architectures - they aren't comparable at all - in the mod all the computation is done by the client rather than handled by the server.

For the server 20fps is more than enough, it won't affect you as a player at all - your framerate on the client machine will not be affected - the server FPS is only for objects held server-side like zombies.

• Like 7

Rocket has been answering a few more questions on reddit, and explains what he meant by the walls comment http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

look a bit above your comment ;) ...but you are right he explains it further

Edited by joe_mcentire

Could this topic get 200 pages?

Edited by He29irn

Could this topic get 200 pages?

It very well could, but I think that SA will be out by then (assuming there isn't another Hype train spree... or two...)

It very well could, but I think that SA will be out by then (assuming there isn't another Hype train spree... or two...)

well dean has saiid we no longer talk weeks so we are talking about days imminence level should be red by now any day now...

It feels to me like Dayz community and developers are like a big family. They care to tell us about the stuff they do and treat us not as clients but friends they are doing a favor to. I never experienced that closeness between players and devs. And it feels cool.

HAHAA classic Dean HAll!!! :D  takes developer-community comm to a whole new level

HAhahAa yeA!1!11111111111111

It feels to me like Dayz community and developers are like a big family. They care to tell us about the stuff they do and treat us not as clients but friends they are doing a favor to. I never experienced that closeness between players and devs. And it feels cool.

Yes, and once SA is released, I'm sure we can be closer than ever... while wielding hatchets...