SmashT

November Round-up

It is amazing how fast the tone of a thread can change over a few posts.

In a good way ?

In a good way ?

Well, you could see it that way. It has gone from doubting the ability of one poster to a conversation/argument on why they still using the ARMA 2 engine, albeit in a highly modified form, instead of something else. The latter is more constructive and entertaining to read.

Well, more entertaining to me.

Edited by Dchil

Well, you could see it that way. It has gone from doubting the ability of one poster to a conversation/argument on why they still using the ARMA 2 engine, albeit in a highly modified form, instead of something else. The latter is more constructive and entertaining to read.

Well, more entertaining to me.

Well thats a good thing then. I like hearing peoples opinions on Gaming Engines, something I know nothing about. Gets tedious people raving on about fucking Trains and release dates :)

Well thats a good thing then. I like hearing peoples opinions on Gaming Engines, something I know nothing about. Gets tedious people raving on about fucking Trains and release dates :)

I know almost nothing about game engines and coding, but i like learning (but not school, go figure) and reading. It also gives me something to pass the time.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

I missed ten pages.  I suspect the recent post by Rocket ended most of the speculation. Tis a shame.  It was fun while it lasted XD

I am glad he communicated with us though :)

I missed ten pages.  I suspect the recent post by Rocket ended most of the speculation. Tis a shame.  It was fun while it lasted XD

I am glad he communicated with us though :)

Wild speculation still abounds. I'm predicting it will be "released" Between 1/12/13 and 1/1/14.

Edited by Dchil

Wild speculation still abounds. I'm predicting it will be "released" Between 1/12/13 and 1/1/14.

Well only thing that is holding them back is getting 15 server fps.  Once they reach that, it'll come out.  My guess (that I will magically pull out of thin air)  is two weeks from now.  You know, cause programming like lol, bro?

• Like 1

Well only thing that is holding them back is getting 15 server fps.  Once they reach that, it'll come out.  My guess (that I will magically pull out of thin air)  is two weeks from now.  You know, cause programming like lol, bro?

I'm thinking the same

I'm thinking the same

As much as i'd like it to come out this week, it still doesn't change the fact that sh*t happens and things go wrong. That is why i'm being conservative with my prediction.

Also i hope it only costs <$22 when it is released 'cause that is all my fun money for the month at the moment.

Better make that <$20......Pepsi is motherf*cking delicious. 

I find speculation to become rather redundant once the first inkling of information appears.  It's like the story of the boy who cried wolf.  As many people that speculate and say:  "The release just happened." or "The release will be tomorrow," are quite counter-productive to the whole system.  In moderation, access to information is much easier and definitely more reliable.  Seldom though it may seem, Dean may be using this as a tool to his benefit.  Do not give information out in bulk, rather bit by bit.  This allows for a much more flexible work schedule, and quick dispersion throughout a community, as anyone with a sense of forums can pick information such as the Standalone updates out of a group.  

I find speculation to become rather redundant once the first inkling of information appears.  It's like the story of the boy who cried wolf.  As many people that speculate and say:  "The release just happened." or "The release will be tomorrow," are quite counter-productive to the whole system.  In moderation, access to information is much easier and definitely more reliable.  Seldom though it may seem, Dean may be using this as a tool to his benefit.  Do not give information out in bulk, rather bit by bit.  This allows for a much more flexible work schedule, and quick dispersion throughout a community, as anyone with a sense of forums can pick information such as the Standalone updates out of a group.  

I also believe that the "DayZ SA has been released" or "DayZ sa is out tommorow" comments are counter intuitive as they make it hard to believe, without your own checking, that the game is actually out. Though speculation such as "I believe it will be out on X day" is all apart of the waiting for something that you don't know when it is coming exactly, and shouldn't be discouraged too much. Though the emphasis on believe is very important. as soon as you start stating something you have no clue about as a fact then you are just misguiding people.

Also do you happen to be a fan of the Anime/Manga Hellsing?

For what its worth they are testing on the new build (Rev. 112130), the one Rocket said nearly fixed the performance issue but lead to discovery of a critical bug. We maybe be 1-2 builds away from the Release!

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

For what its worth they are testing on the new build (Rev. 112130), the one Rocket said nearly fixed the performance issue but lead to discovery of a critical bug. We maybe be 1-2 builds away from the Release!

#PURE SPECULATION

But, seriously this is getting me really excited. but still, 3-4 builds is probably more likely.

But Dean himself said we are not talking about weeks. They have just few bugs left and almost fixed them yesterday already. almost. They know whats the cause all they need to do now is to fix it

"People will read into anything. And actually, I'm not saying it will definitely be weeks. Today it almost looked like we had reached the performance target, but the bug we fixed had a more subtle bug hiding behind it.

I don't do clues and I never have, if I post a picture take it at face value. It's a picture of three bullets. There's no game in how we release this, we'll just release it." - rocket2guns

so.. choo choo?

Edited by Aporis

OH MY GAWD!!!! THE HYPE IS ASTOUNDING ME!!!!

*hype train pulls up* "CHOO CHOO MOTHERF*CKER!" *AlfalphaCat immediately runs towards it*

*hypetrain.jpeg*

Edited by Dchil

Let´s face it , Dayz is dead.

uh what did i just wrote on my previous post?

But Dean himself said we are not talking about weeks. They have just few bugs left and almost fixed them yesterday already. almost. They know whats the cause all they need to do now is to fix it

"People will read into anything. And actually, I'm not saying it will definitely be weeks. Today it almost looked like we had reached the performance target, but the bug we fixed had a more subtle bug hiding behind it.

I don't do clues and I never have, if I post a picture take it at face value. It's a picture of three bullets. There's no game in how we release this, we'll just release it." - rocket2guns

so.. choo choo?

ha which irony ;)

"Dayz is dead"

- Cain42

"Cain42 is dead"

- Dayz

• Like 3

on a serious note:  they seem to have various problems and problems to cope with them. idk maybe to little resources, problems with changing an existing engine it really doesn't matter tbh. but it is just obvious that everyone, including me, always expects far more (and thereby too much) progress by every update/milestone. they aren't just that fast as we would want to see them, that's the reality and the hard truth.

Actually all available evidence points strongly to the contrary.

Which is code for "No it isn't, shut up, what rocket said could mean it will be out fairly soon."

Edited by Dchil

So if I already have a decent gaming system of a PC then it shouldn't matter?

because arma / dayz loads tons of textures while playing and with a ssd it runs very smooth. Ram Vram etc doesnt help

I think you're missing what exactly SSDs do for a computer.

They don't increase FPS, and will not increase your fps (not by any noticeable amount). All they do is get rid of mechanical read components and use digital ones to increase the time that it takes to read and load content from storage. you would however notice a difference in loading times as the game boots though. A hard disk has to start spinning to read the data whilst an SSD can immediately access the data. they both perform relatively the same once the data has been loaded.

Buying a 60GB SSD for the mere purpose of increasing FPS isn't a good idea. All it'll do is make your game load faster once the game is on it.

but arma loads textures while playing from the harddrive! Other Games dont, or they dont load so much.