SmashT

November Round-up

SmashT, I've been checking your monthly round-up topics obsessively, every day. Thanks for making my info-whoring that much easier.

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 4

Would be great if they would get it out next week, got an insane amount of papers due on Monday and need some time to un-plug.

I don't want to start the hype train on a journey to mars but...

Well they are putting in a TON of hours lately, I can feel it being very close.  A matter of days really.

Edited by KorroBravin
  • Like 1

Working through the weekend, now THAT is dedication.

The testers? They're just playing DayZ Standalone for Pete's sake, I'd barely consider that WORK. As for the devs rolling out updates, that part is all the work.

The testers? They're just playing DayZ Standalone for Pete's sake, I'd barely consider that WORK. As for the devs rolling out updates, that part is all the work.

I'm talking about the devs submitting updates, not the testers.

• Like 2

Impressed that they're working through the weekend! I wonder if that was to fix the zombies clipping through walls issue?

Impressed that they're working through the weekend! I wonder if that was to fix the zombies clipping through walls issue?

are they working through the weekend?

Off-topic, but this thread is pretty pointless anyway  :lol: and it is too quiet

Great video from Beagle, a ShackTac Member.

• Like 2

Off-topic, but this thread is pretty pointless anyway  :lol: and it is too quiet

(video snipped)

Great video from Beagle, a ShackTac Member.

Cue Inception..... or maybe another mod.

Edited by Dchil

Cue Inception..... or maybe another mod.

Well with the release a short distance in the future, but most assuredly in the future and not imminent, what else is there to discuss?  We all know the images and tweets, etc

Well with the release a short distance in the future, but most assuredly in the future and not imminent, what else is there to discuss?  We all know the images and tweets, etc

Pros and cons of certain aspects that may or may not be coming through. For example, which of the melee weapons (the shovel, the baseball bat or the Hatchet so far) do you think will be best and will they be better or worse than the crossbow which we are getting?

Edited by Dchil

Pros and cons of certain aspects that may or may not be coming through. For example, which of the melee weapons (the shovel, the baseball bat or the Hatchet so far) do you think will be best and will they be better or worse than the crossbow which we are getting?

Shovel would have a lot of blunt force trauma, but little piercing.   A bat would be the same, but lighter and less deadly.  And ax, would be very lethal if it struck home on an unprotected head or shoulder, killing in moments.  

I would prefer a crossbow though.  Getting close to zeds is not fun.  Hopefully it will be easier to aim.  The current crossbow goes all over the place and is zero'd weird.  

Edited by Vindicator

I hope there is gonna be  two attack modes for most weapons. So I can use  blade of fire axe for bleed or pick side for penetration :)

I hope there is gonna be  two attack modes for most weapons. So I can use  blade of fire axe for bleed or pick side for penetration :)

That would be cool.  I don't see a secondary attack for a baseball bat though :D

But the shovel, you could strike with it vertical or horizontal

That would be cool.  I don't see a secondary attack for a baseball bat though :D

But the shovel, you could strike with it vertical or horizontal

All I can think of is throwing a baseball up in an air and try to hit it with precise accuracy for a miraculous headshot on a zombie or a 1 hit KO on a survivor or just shattering a window, just imagine the possibilities ;)

You could poke with the end of the baseball bat or maybe hit, trench knife style, with the handle as a secondary function. Taking a page from the book of postal 2, the shovel should have both a "stabbing" and a "slashing" attack. The hatchet is just a hatchet so swing and turn it around to use the pointy/flat edge (depending on the type of axe) or the blade. That is what i'm thinking it should do.

You could poke with the end of the baseball bat or maybe hit, trench knife style, with the handle as a secondary function. Taking a page from the book of postal 2, the shovel should have both a "stabbing" and a "slashing" attack. The hatchet is just a hatchet so swing and turn it around to use the pointy/flat edge (depending on the type of axe) or the blade. That is what i'm thinking it should do.

Finding a military spade would be useful as a weapon and from entrenchment.   The russians (especially the spetsnaz) use their spades as CQB weapons I have heard

• Like 1

a military spade would technically be the same thing a civilian an off the shelf spade. An E-Tool on the other hand, would be less usefuls both as a diggin implement and as a weapon given the shorter stem (singed - a guy who's had to dig holes with both a spade and an e-tool).

are they working through the weekend?

of course we've pointed out over on reddit that you would need proper fuel mixture for your chainsaw. i think he didn't think twice and buckled down to work

Edited by joe_mcentire

Finding a military spade would be useful as a weapon and from entrenchment.   The russians (especially the spetsnaz) use their spades as CQB weapons I have heard

Lots of militaries did. Gotta make that heavy latrine digger do something other than dig holes, so they sharpened one side, put a saw blade on the other and then you had a fighting shovel that could cut down trees.. 

Steam is about to break.

What do you mean? Is it happening?

I NEED TO KNOW!

edit, goddamn it double post.

Edited by Dchil