SmashT

November Round-up

btw

Anyone notice 24 players online!!!

People are sick of being excited only to be disappointed... I will not be excited until Rocket says he will release it. Fuck that, 24 players, CHOCHOOOO!!

• Like 6

btw

Anyone notice 24 players online!!!

Today is the 26th.  26-24=2.  However it is the 27th already in Australia and several other places.  27-24= 3.  

2+3=5

This can only mean one thing...

SA is released when Rocket wants it to be.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1

Uh... People noticed that DayZmod.com has changed to DayZgame.com?

Nows a good time for this finally? :)

YCSSmiq.gif?1

• Like 7

Well this would be a perfect day for release. I have the day off from work, I'm going to see LAMB OF GOD live at thier last show in the US here in Silver Spring, and I am SUPA HYPA!

well thanks for correcting me rather than just saying 'no'. helpful

That misconception has been covered so many times in the last year that at this point "No" is the simplest response.

But if you ask for clarification, you'll get it. And Fluxley and Rossums gave good responses when you asked. Most people who come in here with that misconception just want to complain like they've been betrayed personally by Rocket for not giving them the standalone last December. So, again, 'no' is the easiest way of telling someone they're wrong without really having to get into it for the millionth time.

• Like 1

/insert rant

I'm impressed with the patience some people here display (including Rocket).

People so often misquote, misunderstand, and are so ill informed about this game and it's development that they ask the SAME questions over and over when if they took 10 minutes to get caught up on this forum or Rockets reddit feed they would have all the answers.

Somewhere in the last 10 pages of this thread alone I feel like the same questions/issues have been addressed 3 times.

/end rant

• Like 1

/insert rant

I'm impressed with the patience some people here display (including Rocket).

People so often misquote, misunderstand, and are so ill informed about this game and it's development that they ask the SAME questions over and over when if they took 10 minutes to get caught up on this forum or Rockets reddit feed they would have all the answers.

Somewhere in the last 10 pages of this thread alone I feel like the same questions/issues have been addressed 3 times.

/end rant

People don't want to read/listen, they just want to say and feel.

95% of the time if someone doesn't have 50+ posts they're either uninformed or whining (usually both).

In the case that I addressed, mmmsoad asked for an explanation rather than become standoffish about my non-informative reply. Unfortunately most of the time people just want to tell you how bad the standalone is going to suck and how upset they are that they've been waiting for a year for an unfulfilled promise. Can't count the amount of times I've let myself collapse into argument with these people. I stopped participating in this area of the forums for a solid 3-4 months at one point because of it.

• Like 1

People don't want to read/listen, they just want to say and feel.

95% of the time if someone doesn't have 50+ posts they're either uninformed or whining (usually both).

In the case that I addressed, mmmsoad asked for an explanation rather than become standoffish about my non-informative reply. Unfortunately most of the time people just want to tell you how bad the standalone is going to suck and how upset they are that they've been waiting for a year for an unfulfilled promise. Can't count the amount of times I've let myself collapse into argument with these people. I stopped participating in this area of the forums for a solid 3-4 months at one point because of it.

Or just whining about no changes in a year, the game looks exactly the same like it looked a year ago.

Or just whining about no changes in a year, the game looks exactly the same like it looked a year ago.

I think if anything would ever actually get under the skin of the people developing the game, it's the idea thrown around by crazy people that nothing in the game has really changed.

That's definitely worth a strangle.

• Like 2

I think if anything would ever actually get under the skin of the people developing the game, it's the idea thrown around by crazy people that nothing in the game has really changed.

That's definitely worth a strangle.

Correct, as a game dev myself, I would feel seriously horrible and sometimes do, when people say it looks exactly the same like 3 months ago, nothing has changed. But for rocket who has worked his ass till its bleeding with this game and alot of people are saying the thing i said on my earlier post. That really could hurt them, and make them feel a bit depressed, thats why I always try to tell those people the facts without getting too defensive and staying as neutral.

sometimes it's the best to show empathy and point out that i doesn't make any sense to be pissed. we all sit in the same boat and we all just have to wait. 

Uh... People noticed that DayZmod.com has changed to DayZgame.com?

Nows a good time for this finally? :)

YCSSmiq.gif?1

I was wondering why I was logged out. I wouldn't have noticed this :D

• Like 1

But it still says "Back to dayzmod.com" at the top of the page!? That is it! I've lost all faith in this Rocket guy. I'm out! (sarcasm, poorly)

Edited by PhilB
  • Like 1

Soooo not to side track a bit, but I noticed Rocket mentioned Project Zomboid in the video.  I actually had bought PZ about 2 weeks prior to the video and it's actually pretty cool.

Is anyone else playing it?  I'm actually glad that Rocket has used some of PZ's ideas.  I'm still kind of new in the game because I haven't played it much, I don't know how to farm just yet lol.  

Good game to pass the time by, check it out DayZ'ers.

Soooo not to side track a bit, but I noticed Rocket mentioned Project Zomboid in the video.  I actually had bought PZ about 2 weeks prior to the video and it's actually pretty cool.

Is anyone else playing it?  I'm actually glad that Rocket has used some of PZ's ideas.  I'm still kind of new in the game because I haven't played it much, I don't know how to farm just yet lol.  

Good game to pass the time by, check it out DayZ'ers.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/146597-project-zomboid/#entry1452772

• Like 1