SmashT

November Round-up

but never a Q6A anymore while he plays the game. many answers to questions where like: "well, yeah we want......oohh noo did my character die?:....."  .NEXT QUESTION....

Lol I actually kind of liked that.

Based on the 1:30:00 video, I would say the game has a few weeks (depending on how long it takes to fix certain issues) to go before it's released.  Although, I would play it as it is now, it seems like Dean isn't ready just yet.  

My assumption.

I reckon it'll be out like 16/17th of December. I don't know how people are even expecting it in the next week!

Not necessarily, I will be getting it at Alpha as i loved the mod, it was a unique gaming experience and I understand the stage its at so won't complain about things missing / bugs etc. I just think that by the time its released it will have fallen behind massively, and I think Dean knows that which is why he now says stuff along the lines of 'i dont care how many people play it, i only care about players who play it for what it is, not the casual gamer etc', because his initial release was last december, whilst it was still incredibly popular and it was an original idea.

I'm fairly certain he never said any of the sort, though you might be able to prove me wrong. He did say though, that they don't want too many people joining at the initial alpha release.

First because many people don't understand what it is, but also because it would be hard to provide servers for a huge number of people.

When the final release is out though, there is no reason why everyone and their mother and her goat shouldn't buy it.

I'm not complaining or having a go at all, just saying its a shame that upon release the 'hype' will be so little compared to what it was 12 months ago due to how long its taken, especially as the release is an alpha and there is still a ridiculous amount they need to, and I don't think the fanbase or developers expected or intended that at all. At the moment you have some (poor) games trying to imitate it, and you have mods like Breaking Point which have improved the original game massively, mods coming out for Arma3, and if companies are wise someone somewhere will be taking their time over a new game with a similar idea but a decent engine (not the crap like war z thats getting released now).

I don't see how competitors who started later would finish first. A lot of work has gone into changing the engine into something that fits the scope of the project, it should provide a great foundation for what is coming.

I firmly believe that when the SA comes out it'll stand head and shoulders above everything else remotely similar.

I would like to contribute to the discussion above with the following question: what is so positive about hype? How does it help a game exactly? In my opinion there are only negative qualities associated with "hype" (like people not realizing the difference between an alpha release and a release).

• Like 4

but never a Q&A anymore while he plays the game. many answers to questions where like: "well, yeah we want......oohh noo did my character die?:....."  .NEXT QUESTION....

That guy was asking such long winded questions though, he just kept going on and on instead of getting to the point.

Now if we can only fix that bug involving this game not being installed on my pc we'd be set.

I've talked to Rocket about that, and he said it's a problem with the engine and that they won't be able to fix it.

Sorry.

• Like 1

I've talked to Rocket about that, and he said it's a problem with the engine and that they won't be able to fix it.

Sorry.

I knew building my own pc was a bad idea. lol

• Like 2

I knew building my own pc was a bad idea. lol

Building your own pc is a good idea, messing up your software side is a bad idea.

• Like 3

WHAT? His name IS Arsen-y Smirnov?! MOST. EPIC. NAME. EVER.

even more epic backwards: Vonrimsy Nesra

I reckon it'll be out like 16/17th of December. I don't know how people are even expecting it in the next week!

Really?  Well, I don't know how people are even expecting it this year!

I'll reserve judgment on the non-floating loot until I see it. Just afraid it might get a little clippy, but it seemed like a fairly easy problem to remedy if it's out of the way already. Cool though!

WHAT? His name IS Arsen-y Smirnov?! MOST. EPIC. NAME. EVER.

Will he be rendering the model for the Molotov Cocktails?

Smashed a couple of big bugs today! Feels good.

Young people all over the globe are joining up to save the future. They'll keep fighting... and they'll win.

78urf8us.gif

Edited by Tempus
  • Like 13

Young people all over the globe are joining up to save the future. They'll keep fighting... and they'll win.

Geekation_WouldYouLikeToKnowMore.jpg

Someone needs to shop Rocket's face over NPH's pronto...

Edited by Katana67

Why would he smash the bugs instead of fixing them? Seems a bit counter-productive...

You can smash a bug... but it's still 86% more likely to cause hax. Here's a tip, aim for the brain stem and put that bug down for good!

400px-SST_61.jpg

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

*snip*

FUCK.  

The bugs are smashed but the whole world exploded!!!!

*sobs* they'll have to rebuild Chernarus

• Like 1