SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

haha yeah even tho nothing is sure, in times like this hope is all we got! :D

Hope is a dangerous thing on the inside.

And don't render buildings until you are 100 feet away from them pl0x.

Object render distance 5m player render distance 10km

• Like 4

I'm bit worried if there is enough to do to keep interest in game

Hold that thought, I'll go find a horse and explore the entire map while in my underwear playing Ride of the Valkyries

• Like 4

It is not the game that needs to be good. Its our neverending thirst of moooooooore that needs to be satisfied :)

Review the game in Finnish.

I wouldn't be surprised if Finnish hasn't changed a bit since it was first made by the Finns. It sounds like some ancient Viking stuff 'n' sh1t

Here's an idea for performance: Shadows: Off (Optional) Texture quality: Extremely low (Optional). Render Distance: Stremely' low (Optional) Particle Effects: Off. TGTS, we need moar crapix options.

Only a true 'Stralian will understand the reference to "Stremely' low"

I kept spending the money I had set aside for the standalone, so this had to be done ..

1jiS9Cu.jpg

• Like 7

I kept spending the money I had set aside for the standalone, so this had to be done ..

1jiS9Cu.jpg

And how are you going to use that for Steam?

• Like 2

And how are you going to use that for Steam?

Pay with credit card, back it up with that money 

or I could slip it to gabe secretly 

The money in the bag was mainly a joke by the way, I don't spend that often 

Edited by Death Dealer

Pay with credit card, back it up with that money 

or I could slip it to gabe secretly 

The money in the bag was mainly a joke by the way, I don't spend that often 

But if you spend all your money on your credit card? How are you going to prevent this? :huh:

Yes, I know it was a joke, same as mine. :rolleyes:

I am breaking ! Cant take the silence! I need info and i need alot now ! :-)

I am breaking ! Cant take the silence! I need info and i need alot now ! :-)

37147953.jpg

• Like 9

Ok Rocket you can release the game on tuesday

APOedit as I'm getting the new gtx 760 before wednesday :)

Edited by Aporis

I wouldn't be surprised if Finnish hasn't changed a bit since it was first made by the Finns. It sounds like some ancient Viking stuff 'n' sh1t

Guy mostly saying shit or fuck in every finnish way :DDDD Btw I know this man...

no devblog then....

Seems to be for now. Probably not needed if a possible release is close. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Seems to be for now. Probably not needed if a possible release is close. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I just dont see the game releasing this year lol.

I hope it does but I very much doubt it.

• Like 1

It kinda looks like ARMA 3 has hidden tunnels.. Maybe the Standalone are copying that?

EDIT: Now that I think of it, since the DayZ Devteam were busy when they were at PAX yet they were releasing some info and now there is no reason that we know of for them to cease their communication, it's easy to assume a release could be possible.

IVuoIxZ.jpg?1

Edited by TIC321

I personally do not need any more infos about the map or game mechanics like the item and loot system etc but I really would like to know more about the "Zombies".

There is no info about how many different zombie skins we can expect ( I want clowns) and also nothing has been said about zombie sounds ( very important aspect I think)....how will los work?...how will they react to noise?..will they be able to smell blood? ...will they maybe try to avoid sunlight  like in 28 days later? =  more zeds inside buildings ( darker places) during the day and more zeds outdoor during the night....how dangerous will single zeds be ? ( I know married zeds are horrible :P ) maybe they could try to bite if close enough ( more damage and higher risk of getting an infection for example)...will there be additional randomly spawned herds roaming the map ? Will zeds have different stats ( randomly) ? Should zeds be able to sprint or should they be slower ( would require a player stamina system)...etc etc

You actually guess it pretty close. Finnish is one of the oldest languages in the Europe. The word "Perkele" you hear in the video is of baltic origin and dates 5000 years. It was some kind of a pagan god. Possibly not a good one, because when christianity came, they made it a synonym for the devil. They did not dare to do that with Ukko, which became a synonym for the christian god. Perkele is something you'd "call", when you're about to punch people. Or just hurt yourself with a hammer. It's funny that way, they propably called it many thousand years ago for the same reasons.

But with vikings and shit. Finns? No viking. In viking mythology Finland area is a dark place where there be dog faced people, giants and amazons. It's pretty complicated stuff, but I've read at least one story where Vikings came to Finland to pillage and rob and most of them died.