SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

They could make DayZ SA an expansion to ARMA 3 and make more money.  Make people purchase ARMA 3 at $60 and then pay another $15 for DayZ. :P

As opposed to selling Arma3 for 60$, then selling DayZ SA for 15$? Yes, much smarter.

They could make DayZ SA an expansion to ARMA 3 and make more money.  Make people purchase ARMA 3 at $60 and then pay another $15 for DayZ. :P

Then you don't get the idea behind DayZ STANDALONE!

• Like 1

Then you don't get the idea behind DayZ STANDALONE!

Yea obviously it wouldn't be called STANDALONE anymore.  I was just explaining why it would be smarter for BI to do it that way.

what about the network bubble dean? that was the only thing left. you said so a couple of times... FOR GOD'S SAKE WHAT ABOUT THE NETWORK BUBBLE

edit: 

A lot of people speculate that the picture from Ivan's twitter is believed to be a part of a trailer due to the fact that "BI doesn't just pay for zombie actors to do nothing and have high quality scenery all around the image." (Italicized text is a reference to one of the Reddit user's posts.) 

Due to it's high quality picture, I can almost agree that this is promotional material as it is labeled #DayZDaily and in correlation with the "final lap" in mind.

doesn't making trailers conflict with a soft release?

Edited by pbrunk

The shots could have easily been taken for loading screens. 

*Just seen Watch Dogs has been delayed till next year...Dean, is that you? 

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 2

what about the network bubble dean? that was the only thing left. you said so a couple of times... FOR GOD'S SAKE WHAT ABOUT THE NETWORK BUBBLE

edit: 

Ohhhh, please! Won't SOMEBODY please think of the network bubbles?

Hicks: Post Sprint meeting followed by multi player testing session w/ team. Found a bag, vest and weapon only to die to poisoning. #DayZDaily

Also spotted this T-Shirt on the official merchandise shop(Not sure if it's old): http://joystickjunkies.com/dayz/dayz-i-survived-the-alpha-black-t-shirt-3705.html

Edited by TIC321

I'd just love to know what was tackled in the so-called "Sprint". Was it zombies? Melee (which I could give a shit about)? Release dates don't matter to me as much as just knowing what's going on. But, as long as they're truckin' ahead, I'm content.

Edited by Katana67

I'd just love to know what was tackled in the so-called "Sprint". Was it zombies? Melee (which I could give a shit about)? Release dates don't matter to me as much as just knowing what's going on. But, as long as they're truckin' ahead, I'm content.

I'd like to know exactly what they have been doing as well besides "making progress" .. I just wished they were more specific.

You'll care about melee more than you think, should guns and ammo be as rare as was hinted at! 

• Like 1

So he says no internet or anything but hes able to reply on reddit.

Face it folks, its not coming out this year.

Lets think this one through.

Dean post one thing on Reddit.  Probably toke him 5 minutes.

That is the only thing he has said in the past week+.

How can you say that this is proof he is not working?  c'mon man.  you are killing me.  How the heck does that make sense in your brain?  You must have your reasons for thinking that a single post on a website is justification to say that the game will not come out for three months? It baffles me.

Maybe you don't have reasons.  Maybe you don't actually belief in what you are saying.  Maybe you just want attention.  I have no fucking idea.  

• Like 2

Lets think this one through.

Dean post one thing on Reddit.  Probably toke him 5 minutes.

That is the only thing he has said in the past week+.

How can you say that this is proof he is not working?  c'mon man.  you are killing me.  How the heck does that make sense in your brain?  You must have your reasons for thinking that a single post on a website is justification to say that the game will not come out for three months? It baffles me.

Maybe you don't have reasons.  Maybe you don't actually belief in what you are saying.  Maybe you just want attention.  I have no fucking idea.  

I know it wont come out in 3 months ;)

You'll care about melee more than you think, should guns and ammo be as rare as was hinted at! 

I won't, trust me. Not because it'll be more significant in-game, though.

If I have to rush someone just to hit them, I'd rather just not attack or lose them entirely if they've seen me.

Not to mention I hate endorsing Romero-esque melee weapon tropes, I like my firearms no matter how rare they are. :D

I won't, trust me. Not because it'll be more significant in-game, though.

If I have to rush someone just to hit them, I'd rather just not attack or lose them entirely if they've seen me.

Not to mention I hate endorsing Romero-esque melee weapon tropes, I like my firearms no matter how rare they are. :D

The point is you will need the melee weapons to dispatch of the zombies easily and without great cost. You can use the bullets (if needs be) on humans. That's if your threat to shoot them if they don't let you cuff them fails.

The point is you will need the melee weapons to dispatch of the zombies easily and without great cost. You can use the bullets (if needs be) on humans. That's if your threat to shoot them if they don't let you cuff them fails.

Like I said, I'd rather rely on stealth to avoid problems in the first place. I have no doubt it'd be more -convenient- for me to use melee weapons, but that's just not how I like to play.

Like I said, I'd rather rely on stealth to avoid problems in the first place. I have no doubt it'd be more -convenient- for me to use melee weapons, but that's just not how I like to play.

You can't avoid problems for ever. You can only drink to forget them.

• Like 6

You can't avoid problems for ever. You can only drink to forget them.

Which is why bottles filled with the most premium vodka should be scattered around cities :)

and dem molotov cocktails 

So he says no internet or anything but hes able to reply on reddit.

Face it folks, its not coming out this year.

You say you think he's a murderer, but give no evidence. What is wrong with you?

I criticized your post without actually reading or understanding it.

Edited by Very Ape

Yea obviously it wouldn't be called STANDALONE anymore.  I was just explaining why it would be smarter for BI to do it that way.

No I don't think that it would be smarter. The Arma Engine is not made for Zombie Survival games, it just does not work. They have spend a year to to rewrite an engine, they would have to do this with the Arma 3 engine which would probably take even longer. Additionally to that it wouldn't be anymore an Arma 3 expansion because it would not work with Arma 3.

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 2

Cant wait!! Tho i would have been happier wit being released next year and people will be caining BF4 over the next few months.... not me ofc... SA is the way forward

• Like 1

Longer the better in my opinion. Would eliminate a lot of issues and have more features.

• Like 1

I know it wont come out in 3 months ;)

Haha!  The all-knowing wink!  My guess is you know nothing of the sort although I do understand why you'd think that, it's very different to knowing though ;)

Haha!  The all-knowing wink!  My guess is you know nothing of the sort although I do understand why you'd think that, it's very different to knowing though ;)

Can you say how often do you guys get to test DayZ? Everyday a new build?

Those who are wondering what sprint means read this http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum/sprint-backlog and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_%28software_development%29#Sprint_Backlog

Rocket's final lap sounds good when you connect it to the sprint, if one sprint happens every month, that we might get DayZ this year.

Edited by St. Jimmy