SmashT

September Round-up: DevBlog, #DayZDaily, PAX, GDC China

The word dude is banned.

I thought this was common knowledge.

Chillax dude.

• Like 1

Dude heard of Paragraphs ...........and the Answer is YES

That was a paragraph. A paragraph doesn't comprise of one or two long sentences. A paragraph is several sentences which are related to a topic. Broken up by a topic change or character speech in novels. However making breaks in the text on this forum is nicer on the eye, what with the aesthetics of this website.

Think about what he is saying it's quite simple and he is indeed spot on the mark. I will try and explain it another way. People that say " Well it even takes them a Year to make COD and its basically the same every year " POINT being it may only take them 2 Months to finish a new COD but they arent going to release the next Title 2 months after the last one was released now are THEY ?

So comparing DayZ to the release time Periods of each COD is Idiotic is it not ?

I get what you are saying. I don't know how long it takes them to make the games.  

Regardless, you cannot say that DayZ development is going particularly slow.  And even if it was  ... so what!  All we can do is wait, so there really isn't any point in arguing when it should have been released, we can't change how quickly the devs work.  

I don't care when it comes out.  I have plenty of other games to play.  

I just find it silly that some people always shout "Release the alpha already".  

The devs should give those guys  access to the alpha so they can see how bad it is and how it isn't ready.  

• Like 2

Dude heard of Paragraphs ...........and the Answer is YES

I think you meant sentences.

His post was one, long run-on sentence that you understood perfectly, yet you felt the need to sarcastically point it out. I won't venture as to why.

Edited by Very Ape

I think you meant sentences.

His post was one, long run-on sentence that you understood perfectly, yet you felt the need to sarcastically point it out. I won't venture as to why.

Well I will point it out cause it was almost fucking impossible to fucking comprehend, nothing sarcastic about it

Any word about the progress on the Network Architecture?

Yep. Rocket has tasked Ondrej Spanel (lead programmer and co-founder of BIS) with making more helmets so the artists can all go on holiday...

Seriously though last we heard the network bubble had been committed and was being tested a week or so ago.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

Aside from the unnecessary bashing, it's good to know at least some progress has been done. Just haven't heard too much about it.

Has someone inside information? I know it's not rational, but for me it kind of seems like they are preparing the game for release or something. Maybe just my hope that's getting paranoid here...

I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless they make a real date and stick to it and it shows up on Steam i am gonna focus on other stuff.

Just gotta wait and see.

Edited by NightmareGER

As long as we wait for the release and judge them for not releasing the alpha yet, we all will be the first in line to play it when they release it. I don`t think that DayZ is losing players because delaying alpha release. If you think about it big amount of players is still playing mod. Some of the players are just bored and they don`t play it, but they will all be back on the first week of alpha release. 

It`s addictive and the game we all wanted to play just cause theres no some alien shit and super magic shit inside the game. You sure can imagine what will the game look like when it hits beta or even full release. 

As I said before we can say what we want about this situation, but all of us will be there on the first day of alpha release. That`s a fact. 

Has someone inside information? I know it's not rational, but for me it kind of seems like they are preparing the game for release or something. Maybe just my hope that's getting paranoid here...

Not a chance.  We will get a devblog at some point during the first few days of October where Rocket will say they completed the network bubble but the performance still isn't up to par so the next thing holding the alpha back will be the completion of the new zombie AI.

• Like 1

Not a chance.  We will get a devblog at some point during the first few days of October where Rocket will say they completed the network bubble but the performance still isn't up to par so the next thing holding the alpha back will be the completion of the new zombie AI.

he said Zombie Ai won't hold the alpha back.  Performance could, but he said AI wouldn't be a factor in the release.  

he said Zombie Ai won't hold the alpha back.  Performance could, but he said AI wouldn't be a factor in the release.  

But they are trying to improve the performance with AI improvements then if they are'nt happy with it so Zero3ffect can be right.

But they are trying to improve the performance with AI improvements then if they are'nt happy with it so Zero3ffect can be right.

I am not sure.  We'll see with time.

I probably never understand the unpatient people. Guys, quality goes first. I rather have a stable launch that builds the base for future content updates, rather than having sth instable and awfully coded that uses me as a beta tester to the extent of me feeling mislead on purchasing a game of which I can't see if it will ever make it.

DayZ is not losing players. People will come back and new players will enter the arena. It's not like DayZ had a predecessor that was so bad that people are not willing to buy it. Quite the opposite.

And in the meantime, the waiting time until DayZ launches (hopefullly before/early winter, where I have nearly unlimited time to play), there are other games to play. Arma 3, Rome 2 Total War (which is a good example for a buggy release), GTA 5 (on PS3) are time consuming whores that I rather play to death now than being distracted to play when DayZ comes out. I am sure you guys also have other games to play, so just do that and let the devs do their job. If they screw up a release, the shouting will be tougher than the crying we experience right now as in "Mommy, I can still not play because the devs take their time".

• Like 1

I probably never understand the unpatient people.

Go study psychology. It is a human trait, which is caused by boredom or time pressure.

It is no illness, actually it is very important for mankind. People have a limited amount of time in their lifes, especially in the early years people had to put it into good use. So next time you are getting unpatient, see it as a desire to put your life into best and most efficient use. See it as a motivator for going on and surviving in this harsh world because in the end, without boredom or unpatience, our world would not look nearly as futuristic as it does today.

• Like 2

DayZ is not losing players.

The mod is definitely losing players.  SteamGraph shows a pretty constant decline in peak players since February.

The mod is definitely losing players.  SteamGraph shows a pretty constant decline in peak players since February.

I think he meant the playerbase which will buy the SA.

Got to say even the steams on Twich have taken a nose dive for the Mod Although that could just be people are waking up to the idea its better to play than watch someone play a game and in some cases pay for the privilege. I feel it has its place after all I enjoy them not being able to play anything on my rig that came out the Ark in 2004 but once I get the new one high end come early next year why would I watch, I want to be in the game actually playing. But in saying that some of the streams sadly have become more a begging platform than about the game play and I’ve un followed a few on that score. The game needs an injection and that will come when the SA is releases and the masses play the one version.

Edited by sav112