SmashT

September Round-up: DevBlog, #DayZDaily, PAX, GDC China

DelayZ.

I saw that somewhere online and it has stuck with me. Very funny.  

• Like 5

^thats funny lol.

But seriously guys just think about it.  Dean obviously REALLY wants to get the game out there, of course he does.   So really, he will only not release it if it CAN'T be released yet.  Even if the network bubble was completed but it still wasn't good enough and zombie AI had to be redone... they aren't doing it to fuck with us! They would be making that decision out of necessity.  Just try and remember that those decisions, however inconvenient, are made with the community's and dev team's best interests in mind.  

The dev team are real people, don't forget it.  They have their lives and shit going on just like the rest of us. They don't work FOR us they work WITH us. Give them some space to work in, im sure we have all had annoying naggy coworkers before, dont be that person lol.   I mean for fucks sake when Ivan and Martin were released, they went back to work almost right away!!  Appreciate the team, guys, because we're lucky to have them on the project.

TL;DR   muffins.

EDIT: also want to thank SmashT again for doing the round ups and keeping it updated.  Much appreciated.

Edited by Roark92
  • Like 3

True and all about the peformance but there is such a thing on Steam called EARLY ACCESS.

Its there for a reason.

Surely the SA cant run any worse than the mod lol

Edited by nicefish
  • Like 1

Surely the SA cant run any worse than the mod lol

i'm not sure about that ...

• Like 1

Why is there no DayZ on Expo this year? I was just looking at schedule on their site and I haven`t seen DayZ. Maybe Rocket is just a guest at some of developer panels?

^thats funny lol.

But seriously guys just think about it.  Dean obviously REALLY wants to get the game out there, of course he does.   So really, he will only not release it if it CAN'T be released yet.  Even if the network bubble was completed but it still wasn't good enough and zombie AI had to be redone... they aren't doing it to fuck with us! They would be making that decision out of necessity.  Just try and remember that those decisions, however inconvenient, are made with the community's and dev team's best interests in mind.  

The dev team are real people, don't forget it.  They have their lives and shit going on just like the rest of us. They don't work FOR us they work WITH us. Give them some space to work in, im sure we have all had annoying naggy coworkers before, dont be that person lol.   I mean for fucks sake when Ivan and Martin were released, they went back to work almost right away!!  Appreciate the team, guys, because we're lucky to have them on the project.

TL;DR   muffins.

EDIT: also want to thank SmashT again for doing the round ups and keeping it updated.  Much appreciated.

WHO are these people you speak of saying to release it ? I see quite the opposite. Some however are merely bringing up about the delays, which is totally different to saying RELEASE. I seriously can't see here who your directing your long winded post to

IB: Yes, it's Polana "Rearmed", nice find! :) I will post a comparison shot on Monday. #DayZDaily

HicksLate hours, major progress made by Dean these last few days. Crowding around his desk is becoming a habit. #dayzdaily

I'd assume they're this busy just so there's something to show for a devblog that could come possibly soon.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

Redeveloped Village from their Twitter Thing

VILLAGE_zpse6267499.jpg

And that village is Polana :)

Looks interesting! Getting a little too antsy with the Fall video game clusterfuck inbound to fully care about DayZ SA these days. Will be psyched when it's out, for sure, but exhausted all of my pre-release activity.

• Like 1

And that village is Polana :)

I was guessing that but when I checked Arma 2's version I wouldn't be so sure. If it is it's changed a lot.

Ivan confirmed it was..

Well then that place is getting nice overhaul. I didn't take into account that the screenshot is probably taken bit above so the ground shape doesn't look exactly the same when you're on foot on that spot. Nice!

I have a feeling that with all comms completely dried up, release is just around the corner.

I'm probably wrong mind  :lol:

Realize the lack of #DayZDaily updates from me annoys some people. But I've taken a break from forums/reddit/life for the final lap. cu soon

Edited by CapricornOne

I have a feeling that with all comms completely dried up, release is just around the corner.

I'm probably wrong mind  :lol:

Realize the lack of #DayZDaily updates from me annoys some people. But I've taken a break from forums/reddit/life for the final lap. cu soon

Soon.

Realize the lack of #DayZDaily updates from me annoys some people. But I've taken a break from forums/reddit/life for the final lap. cu soon - Rocket 

Woot2! 

"Final lap"? What would that be referring to in that context?

"Final lap"? What would that be referring to in that context?

He is actually running a marathon. And right now it is the last round, like 20km left...

• Like 2

He is actually running a marathon. And right now it is the last round, like 20km left...

Precisely, you know how hard it is to twitter and play Space Station 13 while running?

• Like 3

Precisely, you know how hard it is to twitter and play Space Station 13 while running?

Well, it's Dean Hall we are talking about.

Well, it's Dean Hall we are talking about.

True enough, so lets throw rewriting the zombie AI on the pile and call it a day?

DayZ Standalone release > birthday + christmas

Right there with ya, brotha from anotha motha!

So... I'm guessing its gonna be Oct 5th.

WHO are these people you speak of saying to release it ? I see quite the opposite. Some however are merely bringing up about the delays, which is totally different to saying RELEASE. I seriously can't see here who your directing your long winded post to

If you haven't noticed that, then you must not spend much time around here.  Either that or English isn't your first language and you don't understand when people posting about all the delays and loss of interest and blah blah blah are really implying an apparent desire for the game to be released.  A delay only can exist if you thought it should have been released by now.  Otherwise it isn't delayed its still in development.  It's pretty obvious actually and I don't really see why it even needs an explanation to be quite honest.

EDIT: But you are right that many people are supportive of taking longer to make the game properly.  I agree with you on that.  My post wasnt directed at them though, however many there may be.

Edited by Roark92