SmashT

Rezzed - June 2013 - Developer Session

Lol

Lets whine about the SA which isnt out yet and is obviously alot better than the mod already

Man "psst hey Diddums wanna make a -why is the community so whiney about a game that they have never played?-" and Diddums would say

hell yea man lets do it

stahp whining and saying you dont have hype anymore, no one cares except maybe rocket because that is his intentions is to make you not want the game

I am guessing the increased speeds are

A: something that needs tweaking

B: you are faster to balance the lack of/rarity of cars

Seems the zeds were still hitting dean once in awhile while he was in full sprint away so its all up in the air

and to reply to something I peeped at earlier

-someone said "I dun want broken zomboid in the alpha-

lol what? its an alpha the game might not even work because of some fatal overlooked glitch you never know. zombies are the least of the problems we might be facing.

-Rage over-

Edited by leviski

This whole "its alpha so dont judge" talk is a grey area in my eyes, their are clear goals with the alpha and i personally think that the element of zombies which is the key catalyst of this game needs to be somewhat polished for the initial release. Lets not forget what the hormonal trolls like to whine the most about :lol:

Having said that, i dont expect them to be perfect, i just dread the zigzagging,

• Like 1

lol what? its an alpha the game might not even work because of some fatal overlooked glitch you never know. zombies are the least of the problems we might be facing.

Let's just clarify something though. If you show people something like better zombie pathfinding and then that system is completely horrible and is a lot like the mod, that isn't an alpha problem. I'm not saying that is the case, I'm saying if on release day it's like that. If you have a pathing system that is much better (like the March video I posted) and there are still glitches where zombies get lost or caught in weird places, that's an alpha problem.

Although I definitely see your point on zombies potentially being the least of our problems, I think in a zombie game this should be one of the first content issues you deal with. The SA team clearly feels as though the game is structurally sound enough to implement tons of new items and a crafting system and new animations so to say we shouldn't care about content because there could be some horrible game-breaking glitches is kind of unjustified.

• Like 1

I foresee a lot of hostage taking and blood becoming some form of currency, as renegades start to setup blood clinic facilities across Chernarus. Survivors will just be corralled and drained of blood, life will never be the same again.(Just imagine the scene from The Road in the basement, minus the cannibalism factor).

With the new medial system i think it's about time I dust of my doctorate in ID infectious Disease (I wish) or learn as i go. The standalone is going to have such a hard learning curve, that it's inevitable people will become frustrated and it puts the focus on us as players to reevaluate or form of gamestyle. Which to some gamers is an unwritten rule you just don't cross. But for many others, we just relish in the challenge.

Can't wait......

Lol

Lets whine about the SA which isnt out yet and is obviously alot better than the mod already

Man "psst hey Diddums wanna make a -why is the community so whiney about a game that they have never played?-" and Diddums would say

hell yea man lets do it

stahp whining and saying you dont have hype anymore, no one cares except maybe rocket because that is his intentions is to make you not want the game

Seems the zeds were still hitting dean once in awhile while he was in full sprint away so its all up in the air

-Rage over-

Dont come with that fanboyism BS man, broken zombies in the mod wich has soldier AI pretending to be zombies is one thing, but a game that is being built from scratch to make zombies work and they are at this current state when they should be priority above all that crafting BS its unacceptable at this stage imho. I dont understand why they are still acting like soldiers zigzaging and shit.

Edited by Kumando

Even the player running speed seemed too fast. It looked even faster than the E3 vid. I'm assuming this is purely so they can test without wasting too much time jogging about as aint nobody got time fo that. Might be the same for the zeds?

Noticed that too. Even in the mod I felt that running speed was to fast. Or maybe just too fast movement sideways etc. making it difficult in combat becuse person can't just move like that in reality.

In standalone vids it's even worse, maybe because of the addition of sprint. I'm afraid it might make firefights even more difficult.

Just imagine trying to hit someone with your pistol 25meters away if he's just sprinting and strafing like little ufo changing directions rapidly.

I'm not overly concerned with it. If it's like that when we get our hands on the game I might whine for a minute. Otherwise I'll chalk it up to something that needed a bit of tweaking, like everything else this early. I do hope it's not something done to balance the lack of cars though.

• Like 1

I'm not overly concerned with it. If it's like that when we get our hands on the game I might whine for a minute. Otherwise I'll chalk it up to something that needed a bit of tweaking, like everything else this early. I do hope it's not something done to balance the lack of cars though.

Indeed but that Über fast running might have been the short stop sprinting that only lasts around 10-30 seconds

Anyone citing "hype" as a serious concept is laughable. Hype is an entirely player-derived circumstance.

Thank. You.

Is anyone else excited about how the hunger system works? I really enjoyed him talking about calories, and how even things such as exposure to sunlight will affect your hunger.

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 7

Thank. You.

Is anyone else excited about how the hunger system works? I really enjoyed him talking about calories, and how even things such as exposure to sunlight will affect your hunger.

Yeah, it will add that certain challenge and authenticity to it. :D Especially on how you can't consume colas 24/7.

I have to admit, I giggled a little bit when I saw the "Foot System". Not because it's a silly inclusion, it's a great one.

Just like CoD's got a great fish mechanic... DayZ's now got an absolutely stellar foot mechanic.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

all we need now is some kind of temperture pad that can attach to your skin that will go cold and hot along with your avatar :lol:

thats one way to avoid using UI :P

That's the point of every game. To implement something which avoids abusing, the devs have to sacrifice a "realism" feature. This is how it works.

Either you misunderstood me or I misunderstand you.

But I am saying that I like the realistic and authentic features and extreme attention to detail.

Do you not want the extreme attention to detail? :huh:

Why are people worried about radios being abused? This isn't the mod, loot's gonna be rare, you're gonna need batteries.

you forgot that and it only has a 1km maximum voice range and you can turn them off.

Very Ape is right.

There is absolutely no need to worry.

Sure some troll could totally waste his radio by turning on the 80's station and hiding it in Cherno on full volume, but after a short while, a zeds will break it, or the batteries will run out from constant usage. Don't worry

• Like 1

The way I see it is, the more radios someone tries to troll people with, the more free radios I get to run around and collect.

• Like 3

It is not even out yet and people are already at eachothers' throats with the "its alpha give it a break vs it sucks soooo much" argument.

It is really funny at first but...

:D :) ^_^ :| <_< :( :facepalm:

There will be many trolls for the first couple weeks but soon after their radio jokes are old and they're tired of dying, they will get on the forum whine some and then fade into obscurity

Keep calm about zeds and release dates, they didn't even implement the multiplayer client :lol:

There could be a very good reason why the pathfinding seems worse!

I think Its a performance issue.

The old video showing the 'new' pathfinding looked interesting, but i'm guessing that the constant recalculation of all those 'waypoints' for each zombie as it reacts to your movements adds to the load on the server, times that by X amount of zombies chasing Y amount of players in different places around the map it adds up.

Then also you have the fact that most things are being dealt with server side, the load is most likely getting daft.

Polishing, zombie pathfinding bug fixes, player hit box implementation and then alpha release and adding new content and fixing bugs thats how i hope them to do it. If they say its about a week, untill release. I'd say they are in a hurry.

There will be many trolls for the first couple weeks but soon after their radio jokes are old and they're tired of dying, they will get on the forum whine some and then fade into obscurity

It will become known as the Radio Wars, where many a survivor will lose their life over what music they decide to broadcast..

hmmm does anyone know something about other bags than normal backpacks. like shoulder bags or messenger bags?