SmashT

Rezzed - June 2013 - Developer Session

Guys I got a question. Will there be a decent character creation in DayZ SA? Or just picking up a character?

Dean hasn't talked about character creation complexity, but it will probably be pretty basic.

There will be however alot of visual customization to your character with in-game clothing items.

I am looking forward to the game even more. And I like the logic the devs have: e.g. low-poly items for performance increase. That is nice and the game looks nice enough as it is :)

• Like 2

I am looking forward to the game even more. And I like the logic the devs have: e.g. low-poly items for performance increase. That is nice and the game looks nice enough as it is :)

The low poly-objects with detailed textures reminded me a lot of Bethesda games like Skyrim. They have thousands of items and you can inspect them all closely. If you look at them you can tell the actual models are pretty basic but the textures make up for it and give them a detailed appearence. If I'm understanding him (Dean) right they're going for a similar approach.

• Like 2

i'm somehow torn between these subjects. on one hand it is refreshing and intersting but we just don't know if it turns out to be a useful, good feature or not. that's why they want everyone to test the alpha. they rely on our feedback. i guess some of these complex features aren't "that complicated" to implement so why not giving it a shot? purification imo is usefull as pure unplouted water could be scarce.

for me the complex diet is far too much. counting calories, too much cans of coke turn out to be a problem...yes ok it is realistic, but in azombie outbreak...how authentic would this be?? you would rather starve than die of massive obesity...

I think you have missed the point hear they are not saying that too much coke will make you fat too much shuger and nothing else will make you "crash" causing hands to shake and a MASSIVE headache ect

i'm sorry that i have to be that guy...zeds still seem to be on that same buggy level as before. i really really hope they have everything under control...this could make or brake it.

the zeds are not done AT ALL the amimation syinc is not even in the game yet

on release they will still only be 50% done

What I hope for them is that there are different "types". The ones, that jump you, some runners, some fast walking - and maybe those crouching ones from the DayZ Mod.

And yes, the videos show how unfinished they are - but as you can see Dean wants the game to be as perfect as possible for the release. They work hard on details and that is amazing. I actually have never seen that before.

I think you have missed the point hear they are not saying that too much coke will make you fat too much shuger and nothing else will make you "crash" causing hands to shake and a MASSIVE headache ect

yeah i know i was just overexaggerating. my point was primarily that i doubt it would be authentic for the given scenario

as i said before..that's just a fear that some things aren't maybe that easy to handle..

Edited by joe_mcentire

What I hope for them is that there are different "types". The ones, that jump you, some runners, some fast walking - and maybe those crouching ones from the DayZ Mod.

And yes, the videos show how unfinished they are - but as you can see Dean wants the game to be as perfect as possible for the release. They work hard on details and that is amazing. I actually have never seen that before.

Dean has hinted many times in the past at a tiered system of movement, depending on how long the infected has been "infected". Crawling, shuffling and running were different animations that were mentioned. Noone has really put forward the question recently though.

• Like 1

We need condoms in SA!

Agreed, putting things in a condom is a good way of keeping them water tight and clean :)

• Like 9

Agreed, putting things in a condom is a good way of keeping them water tight and clean :)

That would actually be quite cool... Imagine if you needed to store your valuables in a condom whilst navigating a swamp or swimming out to the shipwreck :o

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 2

Dean has hinted many times in the past at a tiered system of movement, depending on how long the infected has been "infected". Crawling, shuffling and running were different animations that were mentioned. Noone has really put forward the question recently though.

I imagine it as a tough task to take some things into account. If you are infected and you go through certain stages of the infection that might be a rather easy one. But as he mentioned in the video drinking only cola and eating only sugars (that would be the extreme example) would have long term consequences. To implement that is not easy at all and requires a lot of adjustment.

Dean hasn't talked about character creation complexity, but it will probably be pretty basic.

There will be however alot of visual customization to your character with in-game clothing items.

Ok thanks. I dont like the faces of the characters they showed, looked weird. I hope they make many of them. Best would be if there were like 100 (I know thats exotic ^^) and you would spawn random with one. So if you got some you like you would do everything to not die.

Anyway, another question. I want to buy the Alpha at release, is there some page or anything were I will be informend about it? Because I dont want to overlook it and then the alpha is closed or something.

So Dean said that they've set a week when they want to release DayZ but they don't like to say what week that is?

So Dean said that they've set a week when they want to release DayZ but they don't like to say what week that is?

What I gathered from that is that it'll just pop up on steam one day... No announcement, nothing.

Steam sales are coming up aren't they? :|

• Like 3

Does steam have feature that will email you etc for new game releases? :rolleyes:

Does steam have feature that will email you etc for new game releases? :rolleyes:

ec47f2d8db822395bd60cd6809277670d0c1e4fc_m.gif

:thumbsup:

*My embed didn't work :(

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 7

From past interviews ive seen dean give, he has said he wants zombies that eat alot (kill players) will get faster and stronger, and zombies that dont eat alot will slow down to walking pace, So in the high populated areas (the airfields, stary, cherno, electro. etc) the zombies will be tough

Will make for some interesting gameplay :D

• Like 1

Ok thanks. I dont like the faces of the characters they showed, looked weird. I hope they make many of them. Best would be if there were like 100 (I know thats exotic ^^) and you would spawn random with one. So if you got some you like you would do everything to not die.

Anyway, another question. I want to buy the Alpha at release, is there some page or anything were I will be informend about it? Because I dont want to overlook it and then the alpha is closed or something.

Maybe have something like Minecraft where you can create your own face in a pixel editor lol

That would actually be quite cool... Imagine if you needed to store your valuables in a condom whilst navigating a swamp or swimming out to the shipwreck :o

I put my valuables in a condom whilst navigating the lady next door :P

I feel this would be one the best ideas that he could put into the game