SmashT

Rezzed - June 2013 - Developer Session

It's not just that. It is a game after all. And you don't need that kind of depth of realism in a game. There should be some level of realism but not the point where it almost the same and tedious as real world. We play games to escape the REAL world. For example, finding gas cookers. Fine, you find a gas cooker and that should be all you need to cook food forever until you get killed. If they start making it so that you have find other parts for it, like the actual expandable fuel canister and etc then that becomes completely unnecessary. Because all you'll do is run around looking for different parts to gas canisters, purification tablets, and different antibiotics etc. That might add up in spending your entire day without any actual gameplay just so you can eat.

..but without depth the game will get boring, If you dont wanna cook then get take aways :P

...and we all know that the arma engine had very tight restrictions

Wait wait wait, stop right here. It's a game, okay? They've got the engine, but still they have the whole source code in their hands (I mean the game engineer's hands or whatever). C++ = everything possible, isn't it?

Not trying to be gummy BTW, but this is the reality.

It will? The whole point I made was that "it doesn't yet have". You and others were the ones who jumped in and said that it has more features than the mod. I gave counter examples.

You really are saying that even if its launched with 3 features missing(or even 5) from the mod but the huge amount of features added and old features updatet to give HUGE amount of other content... you have seriously some problems understanding the whole concept.

I think it would be better for all if gummy would gives us an update when he finds something good about the SA.. as it have become default that its all shit.

But agreed with fraggle, this is pointless and discussed like million times.

ps. I think the fireplace is nobrainer, would be weird if that woudnt be in SA... on the same topic gummy, you making you asumptions because they have not been shown on videos or other media???

Edited by Zeppa

Message to all them people who troll dayz and rocket..

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE LOOK OF DAYZ SA ALPHA THEN DONT FUCKING BUY IT...yet :P

• Like 1

Maybe limited yes, with the skins yes, But....There can be many zombies now instead of the limited amount Dayzmod had.

What people prefer. 1.well skinned zombies but only a few of them, or not very nice skinned zeds but 1000s of em lol

no i wanted to say limited engine-wise. not in quantities. Zeds are broken in the mod and they always will be....how does this work out in the SA? there is a possibility that they could stay broken.

at one point dean mentioned that melee won't be great because of the engine-given limitations.

Edited by joe_mcentire

It's not just that. It is a game after all. And you don't need that kind of depth of realism in a game. There should be some level of realism but not the point where it almost the same and tedious as real world. We play games to escape the REAL world. For example, finding gas cookers. Fine, you find a gas cooker and that should be all you need to cook food forever until you get killed. If they start making it so that you have find other parts for it, like the actual expandable fuel canister and etc then that becomes completely unnecessary. Because all you'll do is run around looking for different parts to gas canisters, purification tablets, and different antibiotics etc. That might add up in spending your entire day without any actual gameplay just so you can eat.

While I don't agree with the antibiotic types, I think it's absolutely fine to have to find canisters for a gas cooker and purification tablets. Thats absolutely fitting for the idea of DayZ. You shouldn't have a gas cooker with infinite fuel and you should have to purify your water to drink it if you are getting it from a non-sanitary source. Having to get supplies and trying to survive while doing so IS the gameplay.

Edited by Maxgor
  • Like 4

You really are saying that even if its launched with 3 features missing from the mod but the huge amount of features added

I gave examples, Zeppa. What do you want me to do, stand here and list all of them? Here, have more. Flares, skinning animals, chemlights, blood bags, and so on. Also, if you ask me, I think lumping vehicles in as just "another missing feature" is a tremendous leap of faith. That's going to require a huge amount of programming and they're also a huge chunk of game play.

Edited by gummy52

however you do realize that this game wants to deliver a product to a niche. i personally love it.

many features will have to prove themselves as useful however

I just don't see it. I think dayz origins has it right so far with the buildings and code locks and food and variety in items, clothing etc. Building your own home in dayz that will last for a long time should be tedious because it is very useful and has huge benefits, so the effort pays off big time. But doing tedious tasks for trivial things is game breaking imo. It might be fun the first few days as you assemble your gas cooker, but it WILL get annoying. For example, combining gas canisters with other materials to make an IED, that is useful and interesting and complex enough. Combining ten parts just build some trivial item is idiotic.

no i wanted to say limited engine-wise. not in quantities. Zeds are broken in the mod and they always will be....how does this work out in the SA? there is a possibility that they could stay broken.

at one point dean mentioned that melee won't be great because of the engine-given limitations.

Tbh even dayzmod has been alot more fun and i have had more great gaming times from it than many full priced ($60 bioshock infinite) games, And Dayz SA looks even better (and it wont cost $60) so im happy :D

however! you realize that dean spoke of classes....everyone evolves into a class....

that medic guy, that mechanic guy, that guy no one wants to play with

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

I just don't see it. I think dayz origins has it right so far with the buildings and code locks and food and variety in items, clothing etc. Building your own home in dayz that will last for a long time should be tedious because it is very useful and has huge benefits, so the effort pays off big time. But doing tedious tasks for trivial things is game breaking imo. It might be fun the first few days as you assemble your gas cooker, but it WILL get annoying. For example, combining gas canisters with other materials to make an IED, that is useful and interesting and complex enough. Combining ten parts just build some trivial item is idiotic.

So build a house, get loads stuff then when you die you just run back to your little oasis you built on your last character?

So where would be the fear of dying there?

(is why i hope base building doesnt get put in, i used to have many tents of gear set up in chern and everytime i died i would just run back to my tents and gear up) It made dayz boring very quickly

however! you realize that dean spoke of classes....everyone evolves into a class....

that medic guy, that mechanic guy, that guy no one want's to play with

..dat fat guy lolz

• Like 4

I gave examples, Zeppa. What do you want me to do, stand here and list all of them? Here, have more. Flares, skinning animals, chemlights, blood bags, and so on. Also, if you ask me, I think lumping vehicles in as just "another missing feature" is a tremendous leap of faith. That's going to require a huge amount of programming and they're also a huge chunk of game play.

Yes, you've said all this before. We get it, you're not sold on the idea of the SA and think it's going to fail.

This thread is to discuss the Rezzed presentation, not your already well documented concerns.

• Like 8

so what are your concerns Fraggle!? speak up!

Edited by joe_mcentire

AM hoping Dayz sa goes back to the hardcore game it was at the start when rocket took out spawning with a gun, am hoping he doesnt listen to much to the carebear type players too much, they seem to destroy many of the games i have loved over the years :(

• Like 6

Its getting hot in here!

Edited by WoodleDoodle

that medic guy, that mechanic guy, that guy no one wants to play with

i am 100% certain that they bring in perks.

That you "learn" certain moves and actions by doing a lot medical/mechanical/hunting..etc stuff... i have such a feeling...o no i just need to pass some....

Haha check it out, the release date is hidden on Dean's shirt:

6.09.13 (2074 - 2+0+7+4 = 13)

Did anyone read this post? :lol:

So build a house, get loads stuff then when you die you just run back to your little oasis you built on your last character?

So where would be the fear of dying there?

(is why i hope base building doesnt get put in, i used to have many tents of gear set up in chern and everytime i died i would just run back to my tents and gear up) It made dayz boring very quickly

I agree, but it can be modified to only store a limited number of weapons and items. Like maybe 2 weapons at most, stuff like that. It will slightly alleviate the rage you feel after you get killed or bugged or glitched. Not too much though so that it feels like you still lost good amounts of shit. I'm sure it can be modified.

Guys I got a question. Will there be a decent character creation in DayZ SA? Or just picking up a character?

i am 100% certain that they bring in perks.

That you "learn" certain moves and actions by doing a lot medical/mechanical/hunting..etc stuff... i have such a feeling...o no i just need to pass some....

what are you on about? he clearly said before saying 'classes' that he was just using the word as a way of explaining how it will work. there will be no perk system (if that's what you're implying).

also, (no offensive hidden message here) are you english? you may have had trouble understanding some of what he said is all i'm thinking.

Guys I got a question. Will there be a decent character creation in DayZ SA? Or just picking up a character?

You're going to spawn with random clothes on. And you'll be scavenging for new pants, boots, hats and so on as well.

what are you on about? he clearly said before saying 'classes' that he was just using the word as a way of explaining how it will work. there will be no perk system (if that's what you're implying).

also, (no offensive hidden message here) are you english? you may have had trouble understanding some of what he said is all i'm thinking.

how would you understand then the idea of "classes", what would be your interpretation? just curious...AND dean spoke just about such a thing in the past

it was only a "wild and free interpretation" ;)

ppl should also realize that this "skills/classes are a no-go" attitude changed completely recently. they openly consider some of this stuff.

edit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1gngfw/the_difference_between_skills_and_skill_trees_and/ for example

Edited by joe_mcentire