rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

It's still arial fonts & ms paint, no matter how much you try to deflect it B)

I can't help but think that this update is only in response to Rhino's criticism. Like if he didn't make that video, we wouldn't have gotten this tasty little morsel. Oh well, I guess sometimes a kick in the ass is necessary

An ugly interface and a screenshot of ArmA 2. Awesome.

Even with the best texturing in the world, I don't possibly see how that GUI could ever be considered an improvement.

Scarlett Johansson naked on a bed wouldn't impress you would it?

• Like 8

I can't help but think that this update is only in response to Rhino's criticism. Like if he didn't make that video, we wouldn't have gotten this tasty little morsel. Oh well, I guess sometimes a kick in the ass is necessary

I very much doubt it's down to RC.

I very much doubt it's down to RC.

I dunno man. Dean seems to me like the type of person who really likes to dispel criticism, even to a fault. I'm just sayin.

Scarlett Johansson naked on a bed wouldn't impress you would it?

Her hair is too blonde and she's laying on Walmart sheets. Awesome.

Even with the best sheets in the world, I don't possibly see how her nakedness could ever be considered an improvement.

• Like 10

This whole project with the Standalone is turning out great. Everything I heard/read about is turning out to be facts. Keep up the good work Dean!

I have a question about the 3D model in your inventory system. Will it block out the words such as 'Back' and 'Shoulder'? It seems like an inconvenience unless that's how you placed your resolution settings.

From my point of view, I can rate the Standalone as a 9.5/10 for a pre-alpha or alpha phase.. It's not a perfect 10/10 because it's not out yet ;)

Good job on accomplishing Mt. Everest by the way.

oh god do I hate the AK-47, and for that matter, the whole god damn Kalashnikov family of fire arms. There is absolutely nothing sexy about the design. No redeeming grace whatsoever.

These screenshots would have been so much better if you had placed the righteous Lee Enfield "Point Three 'oh Three" instead.

Just my two cents... <_<

P.S. and behold... is that part of a Lee Reloading Kit I see at icon 8 of the inventory? It better be.

You hate...the glorious Kalashikinov? You could drag it through mud, water, dirt, and anything else I can't think of and it'll still fire. It's easy to clean, take a part, operate. It can maintain 2 MOA groups at 100 Yards. It has the stopping power of a battle rifle with the mobility and controllability of a carbine. Its barrel, at 16 inches, is at a sweet spot for both CQB and Mid range engagements. And with versions in 5.45, 5.56, and even 7.62, it is VERY versatile. Plus, its common in all of Asia, most of Eastern Europe, and both of the Americas. Plus, I think it looks sexy. Minimalist kind of sexy, with that rough plywood. Oh yeah...

• Like 11

Oh look, it's that guy with 2k posts who auto responds to all negativity. You look completely legit!

Oh look, it's the guy with 100 posts who auto responds to all positivity. You look completely legit!

• Like 5

It's still arial fonts & ms paint, no matter how much you try to deflect it B)

1/10 trolling try harder

Hello there

One has to remember that graphics are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the UI design. Its the suff one can't immediately see which is impressive.

Rgds

LoK

I love all the progress this has made but one thing irks me, and that's the font used in the menu, ui and such. I wouldn't put it on comic sans level but I just don't like the look of it.

Is this just me? (Because I feel like it is.)

Keep up the good work Rocket.

I'm confused... people come here to post because they hate the game?? I'm afraid I don't understand this. It's one thing to stumble across something and write a comment about not liking it. It's another to keep coming back and saying how much you don't like it. That's kind of weird.

Anyways, trying not to think about DayZ too much or else it will feel like forever until it's ready. I'm guessing it's close though. I'm also guessing that before E3 is absolutely not going to happen.

I say restart the process with a recoded Arma 3 engine so there are less hackers.

This looks like Dayz mod with a different (and uglier) inventory

Also Rocket confirmed DayZ will be playable at E3 on the show floor.

• Like 3

An ugly interface and a screenshot of ArmA 2. Awesome.

Even with the best texturing in the world, I don't possibly see how that GUI could ever be considered an improvement.

Its a wip. Do you know what wip means?Work in progress.Do you know what work in progress means?NOT FINISHED.Its not hard, but I wouldn't expect you to get that considering you never have gotten anything that requires an ounce of common sense before.

• Like 1

I'd settle for a C title. This is shaping up to be an F title.

And you know this how? Through a few screenshots? A 7 minute video? A wip inventory?Are you... What? The stupidity coming from your post is astounding.

• Like 1

I think gummy is from the crunch[cunt] army.

Best ignore it, it'll go away sooner or later.

I'm confused... people come here to post because they hate the game?? I'm afraid I don't understand this. It's one thing to stumble across something and write a comment about not liking it. It's another to keep coming back and saying how much you don't like it. That's kind of weird.

Total agree, it seems some gamers have high expectations for the standalone release and with this the chances are some aspects of the game will not live up to their initial perception. So If you think its weird now just wait till the release and watch all the disappointed and hostile gamers flood the forums. But that's just human nature, some people feel more entitled than others.

Perfect example would be Gummy, but who knows he/she might even come to love DayZ SA for what it's going to become " An Experience ". .

Chernorus is still one of the best maps ever created. Regarding the graphics one thing I'm still unsure of is why they did not start with the Arma 3 branch of the VBS engine, even unmodified Arma 2 objects look much better on it, so they would have gotten a lot of graphics improvements essentially for free, no need to spend 1-2 more years on development.

The Ak-74 is only a small part of the picture but, it looks fairly weathered compared to ones I have seen in the past. can't wait to see all the new weapons and the variety of models for each condition!!

Is the lighting fixed in SA?

When your screen gets dark/bright depending what direction(~180dec opposite) you are watching... thats so annoying and unrealistic. Human eye doesnt do that in outdoors or indoor for that matter... Its issue this when coming out from dark to very bright but still the eye adjusts fairly quicly

As this problem is in TOH too, dunno about arma3?

Dusk/dawn its worst.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 3