SmashT

DayZ Devblog 15th February 2013

We’re hoping to begin our first large-scale capacity testing next week (assuming we have a stable enough build).

This was best part for me in this blogpost. Does this test include youtubers,streamers, forum moderators etc. ?

Sounds like it'll be just a couple of servers to start with and then open up from there. I can only pray that I'm on one of those servers.

pretty disappointed with those screenshots.. it looks like a bunch of apartments stuck randomly in a town on a hillside.. also, none of those residential buildings even look enterable...

the Q&A was great though!

If you go back and look at the previous screens of interiors and match them up to the houses, it's safe to say that most if not all residential houses will be enterable. They've all got interiors.

The large apartment block is another story, no idea if they've revamped those. But if you look at the screens of the hospital interior, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

If you go back and look at the previous screens of interiors and match them up to the houses, it's safe to say that most if not all residential houses will be enterable. They've all got interiors.

The large apartment block is another story, no idea if they've revamped those. But if you look at the screens of the hospital interior, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

All I hope is that the tall apartment blocks aren't the horrific-looking things I've encountered on custom maps, where you can just climb up an ugly elevator shaft to the roof.

Also, it seems as if all the apartment blocks have just been fused together. Does look a little weird I must be honest. Definitely interested to see how the map will change however (I guess any change is positive).

I am loving everything rocket says about this game and plains for the future

I so nice to see a team with a passion for what they are making

and a passion that grows and dose not turn in to "how do we make more cash from this"

Screw yer houses - I want enterable animals.

Try 'Farm Simulator 2013'.

• Like 1

I'ma huge fan of the game!

and I hope the game is in part Overcome Dayz (Charts buggy)

configuration:

Case: LeaderShip Gamer Turbine 6703

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H

Processor: 2.90 Ghz Core i5 2310

Memories: 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz Veagence

HD: 500GB SATA

Video Card: GTX560, 1GB, 256bit, DDR5

Source: Corsair CX500

((()))

My problem is that i can not play right!

Sometimes my FPS fell to 10

Is there any explanation for this?!

Even with these settings, I can not run perfectly

What I hope this is resolved the Standalone!

the problem is zombies they are not really in the game properly they are hacked in

they need optimizing they basically p2p via the sever and they are complex as they are made in 5 pieces on the outside and have a full skeletal system inside (they even have 3 bones in there fingers)

this means that there is a huge amount of info being transferred per zombie to ALL local player this causes MASSIVE sever overload and therefore low FPS this WILL change in the standalone, you can expect much higher FPS

thanks for the update. Good to know that the Tech test will be here soon and that the ball is still rolling strong.

Question: Will the animations be the same as they are in the current version of DayZ? What I mean is, will the animations be just as annoying and incredibly stupid as they are now. Eg. is the retarded way where you keep going for your weapon after being uncouncious, the climbing animation, the jumping animation and such.

Also: Will doors be just as dangerous in the SA as now?

Question: Will the animations be the same as they are in the current version of DayZ? What I mean is, will the animations be just as annoying and incredibly stupid as they are now. Eg. is the retarded way where you keep going for your weapon after being uncouncious, the climbing animation, the jumping animation and such.

No. They're in the process of/have completed (not sure) redoing the animations. They'll be mo-capped again. I quoted this info earlier on the other dev blog thread but I can't be bothered to do it again.

Edited by CapricornOne

The animations and skeletons for the players are being completely re-done. The player skeletons in Arma are now 10 years old, it's time for a revamp so that's what's being done.

As Capricorn above said, all animations are being re-motion captured for the new game and so are the zed animations.

Regarding doors, no they wont be a threat. As you can see in the devblog, every aspect of the game is being either re-done from scratch or modified highly, this included bugs and glitches that were an issue with the mod.

Edited by Fraggle

I like this alot, I want to see if factorys will be included, as I think very large structures that you can explore would be so awesome, since there aren't really any like that. The construction sites sorta are like that with multiple floors, but I'd like to see a massive factory/warehouse district that could lead to good places for exploration and possibly good ambush locations :D So big, you could possibly get lost or turned around in them.

you're welcome :P http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/122076-huge-structures-in-dayz-sa/

• Like 1

Ugh, I want to play the closed "beta", or open if there will be one, so bad! <3 Black Metal and this mod is what keeps me going! :P

Great work Team Rocket!

I fell in love with the picture of the soccer goal posts, it made me wonder how much fun it would be if you could (in a rudimentary way at least) play with a friend? Which leads me to further ask that since you're interested in adding junk loot like empty tin cans, why couldn't "junk loot" also be a soccer ball? A stuffed animal? Or a note left by another player? To what extent will a player be able to interact with a "grab" action on the environment?

-Shea

Edit: wouldn't it be hilarious to distract zeds with a soccer ball? They'd fall for it right?

Edited by Shea

Thanks for the friday devblogs! Game is looking fantastic!

"Part of a regular feature we will be doing is to take peoples questions on twitter (hastag: #AskDayZ) and facebook - Matt will select a few and we will answer them."

>:(

• Like 1

This new town, "Novoselki", is situated north from Chernogorsk.

Compair this to the reference picture I took for you :)

Very nice dude, i was expecting more like the west part of the map due to it being basically usless for gear. Well unless its camps your looking for.

Have my beans dude, worth every bean :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

• Like 1

Arnt the metal bar hoops on the soccer goal posts backwards? Or is that the style now? They are meant to be pointing away from the field right?

Unused goals are often turned around, could also be a slip up though.

I believe Rocket has stated the environment will be even more challenging in the standalone. This leads me to believe, doors will have the ability to unhinge themselves, attack you through walls and chase you up ladders. Edited by Dallas
  • Like 14

Thank god that the animations are redone. Those are probably the things that annoys me the most in this game atm.

Thank god that the animations are redone. Those are probably the things that annoys me the most in this game atm.

That's because it's a mod of what is now an old game on a very old engine. It's gonna be great to see what it looks like when everything been re-vamped.

• Like 2

It's all good news.

Does anyone know what happened to Smasht's questions we all gave? I was hoping for some of those to be asked.

Some of them are answered in the post! Mostly previously answered stuff though... :)