SmashT

DayZ Devblog 15th February 2013

I recall Rocket talking about the different design philosophies between him and Marek. I don't know the reasons, but BI used to prefer for animations to play out completely, while Rocket was willing to allow you to break/abort animations.

Edited by Dallas

I recall Rocket talking about the different design philosophies between him and Marek. I don't know the reasons, but BI used to prefer for animations to play out completely, while Rocket was willing to allow you to break/abort animations.

I hope the breaking/aborting of animations is done with DayZ. I think its kinda ridiculous that if you accidentally hit B, the button right next to your vault button, you'll be forced to go through your very lengthy animation of standing completely still as you SLOWLY pull out a pair of binoculars. Alot of the STOP AND WAIT animation stuff kinda goes against the realistic feel I think. Who would stop to switch their weapon or while pulling an item out of a quick use slot or when going to climb a ladder or when coming to a knee high fence. Its the kind of stuff that bothers me alot in ARMA.

Edited by Maxgor
  • Like 3

Agreed. It really breaks up the fluidity, stops you in your tracks and makes you feel like you're not in control of your character as you wait 5 seconds for the current animation to finish.

If you look at the last picture:

http://25.media.tumb...90z0o9_1280.jpg

Someone please tell me what that "thing" on the horizon is! Looks like a plume.

Perhaps some kind of stormcloud, what with the volumetric clouds and weather etc? Anyone know what a storm looks like on Take on Heli's?

8682224-thundercloud.jpg

I hope the breaking/aborting of animations is done with DayZ. I think its kinda ridiculous that if you accidentally hit B, the button right next to your vault button, you'll be forced to go through your very lengthy animation of standing completely still as you SLOWLY pull out a pair of binoculars. Alot of the STOP AND WAIT animation stuff kinda goes against the realistic feel I think. Who would stop to switch their weapon or while pulling an item out of a quick use slot or when going to climb a ladder or when coming to a knee high fence. Its the kind of stuff that bothers me alot in ARMA.

I assigned my binoculars to 2xB and my map to 2xM to avoid accidents.

• Like 1

Loving the Updates. Got me thinking is too much development being put into Character Development, the average Life span in the Mod is just over 1 Hour, when i started i think it was 30 something minutes, developing the Character could seem pointless. that said I've had a Character alive for Weeks. Whats everyone elses thoughts ?

there are 2 things in the latest blog update that make me /facepalm..

first is it sounds like no addon map support for the foreseeable future after release. which is a serious problem.

no matter how cool the new Cherna. is, its still an OLD map to most players. it simply isn tgoing to keep people interested for very long. we need fresh areas to explore/play. we just DO.

secondly and this one doesnt really affect me personaly but i feel for streamers.. the 1 character per CDkey.. YIKES..

already alot of streamers get trolled/stream sniped and generaly hassled when they play under any number of alias'. imagine having only a single name/character to play under without having to rebuy the game..

i think thats gunna be a BIG problem..

ima still sticking to my guns.. dayz SA not until June... prove me wrong guys...

• Like 1

I agree on the maps issue, but let them get this out first eh? I also have to pinch myself every time i read enterable buildings and new loot spawn mechanics. It will take players a long time to explore, now you can go more places within what we are familiar with. and on top we have new towns and areas!

Off topic:

I would gladly pay for More new DLC maps if they were to scale like Chernarus. A lot of work goes into map creation and a lot of time, there has to be some reward.

I agree on the maps issue, but let them get this out first eh? I also have to pinch myself every time i read enterable buildings and new loot spawn mechanics. It will take players a long time to explore, now you can go more places within what we are familiar with. and on top we have new towns and areas!

I thought the same thing when I saw all of those apartments!

As to the poster above you, I can't see the bad outweighing the good with the one character per account. Since one of the primary things they are doing by moving everything server side is to limit hacking, I am willing to put up with a lot of limitations to achieve this. The main thing to look at here, though, is that he said one LIVE character per account. If your character dies, it seems like you could delete that guy and make another if you wanted. Or stash your gear somewhere, delete that character and make another guy to go pick up everything. I don't see this being any kind of limitation to live streamers or youtubers in general other than taking that one extra step before making an 'unknown' character to make films with.

Oh noes! The Zombies turned the football goal the other way around! I can't wait to make them pay for that!

On a more serious note: Looking good. :)

I'ma huge fan of the game!

and I hope the game is in part Overcome Dayz (Charts buggy)

configuration:

Case: LeaderShip Gamer Turbine 6703

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H

Processor: 2.90 Ghz Core i5 2310

Memories: 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz Veagence

HD: 500GB SATA

Video Card: GTX560, 1GB, 256bit, DDR5

Source: Corsair CX500

((()))

My problem is that i can not play right!

Sometimes my FPS fell to 10

Is there any explanation for this?!

Even with these settings, I can not run perfectly

What I hope this is resolved the Standalone!

This isn't the right place to ask these questions. Head onto the Hobbies section, onto Technology/Programming subsection and we'll be sure to help you out over there.

As Capricorn above said, all animations are being re-motion captured for the new game and so are the zed animations.

I remember Rocket talking about re-doing zombie animations, but not player animations! I thought he was just gonna re-do a couple of player animations.

Perhaps some kind of stormcloud, what with the volumetric clouds and weather etc? Anyone know what a storm looks like on Take on Heli's?

8682224-thundercloud.jpg

It could be a cloud. It is much more likely that while someone was taking the screenshots for the DevBlog, Rocket and Matt were test flying the new Helicopters with the ToH flight mechanics. Needless to say, it was a short test.

• Like 1

why is the back of the goal facing the field??

Because the guy who installed it never played football .

• Like 1

All revamped areas that we have seen until now are at or near the southcoast ...revamped Balota airfield and military camp,..a swamp between Balota and Kamarovo, a new area at the road between Komarovo and Pavlovo..the new Cherno suburbs (or whatever it is), crashed airplane in Cherno and of course Utes...

Honestly I never thought this areas will get a big revamp at all...does it mean they are revamping the whole thing that way ??

Two things:

1. The goal posts are the wrong way round, the stantions should be at the back as they hold the net away from the goal 'frame'

2. I thought all place names were going to be put in standard English wording so we can actually read them and know where the hell we are?

I thought all place names were going to be put in standard English wording so we can actually read them and know where the hell we are?

NO NO and NO

• Like 5

I would like specs of the computers running the game please. Just got a New job (Yay 8 month of chilling over) and will be buying a new P.C.

Dish it, I want my new computer to run it like i see it.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 3

2. I thought all place names were going to be put in standard English wording so we can actually read them and know where the hell we are?

NO NO and NO

And also... nonononoonononoo!

Seriously it's pretty easy to look at a map with cyrillic names, and then compare and use your brainstm to know were you actually are.

• Like 2