SmashT

DayZ Devblog 15th February 2013

The village is named "Novoselki" for those who can't read russian, which means something like "New village".

• Like 8

Survivors vs. Bandits on the soccer field. Team Zed gets to eat the losers?

• Like 2

That new settlement look so authentic. You can see many of them in Russia. I like it, really.

• Like 2

beautiful....... .... wow........

pfft, why take with your family on a vacation to the Caribbeans when you can enjoy killing zeds here...

beautiful....... .... wow........

pfft, why take with your family on a vacation to the Caribbeans when you can enjoy killing zeds here...

That would be quite the family bonding moment right there.

• Like 1

So anyone has an idea where this new town is located?

This new town, "Novoselki", is situated north from Chernogorsk.

Compair this to the reference picture I took for you :)

Edited by PurePassion
  • Like 14

For me, one of the most interesting parts of this update is the fact that they are attempting to change the lootspawn mechanics so that making loot tables will become impossible. I hate loot tables and I know many players rely heavily on them (or did when they were learning) and it takes away from the point of the game which is exploring and discovering.

Absolutely agreed.

This new town, "Novoselki" is situated north from Chernogorsk.

Compair this to the reference picture I took for you :)

Well spotted.

I like this:

"If your car has a missing or damaged door, take the door off another car. But of course, if they are different colors, you’ll see that. Each part also has various damage states, so we end up with GTA-esque damage visuals."

and this:

Q: Do you have any malls, hotels, prisons or bigger hospitals planned for the standalone?

A: Yes!

• Like 5

and this:

Q: Do you have any malls, hotels, prisons or bigger hospitals planned for the standalone?

A: Yes!

I like this alot, I want to see if factorys will be included, as I think very large structures that you can explore would be so awesome, since there aren't really any like that. The construction sites sorta are like that with multiple floors, but I'd like to see a massive factory/warehouse district that could lead to good places for exploration and possibly good ambush locations :D So big, you could possibly get lost or turned around in them.

The village is named "Novoselki" for those who can't read russian, which means something like "New village".

the russian version of Hoboken was my first guess... :P

• Like 1

Can't wait to hear more about the crafting system. Most MMO's crafting is so boring. Would like to see how BI works it.

Modifying your vehicles sounds cool. I can't wait to turn that beat up old compact into an armored death machine :D

Hope we can run around the area scavenging parts for stuff to help survive in the Zombie apocalypse. I mean like getting a generator working so u can hook it up to some scavenged flood lights to illuminate the area immediately around your survival camp. Or scrounging a factory for some metal poles and with a tarp create a water catch for when it rains. Or hell find parts to create a still. Let you be the Absolut of the Zombie apocalypse.

The possibilities are endless, will be great to see what ya'll come up with.

pretty disappointed with those screenshots.. it looks like a bunch of apartments stuck randomly in a town on a hillside.. also, none of those residential buildings even look enterable...

the Q&A was great though!

pretty disappointed with those screenshots.. it looks like a bunch of apartments stuck randomly in a town on a hillside.. also, none of those residential buildings even look enterable...

To be fair, I didn't see any of the houses at an angle where we see the front of the house where the door will be. Also look at the sheds, in the mod they dont have doors that can be opened thus they aren't enterable, In the new screenies, they have open doors! I know its silly to be excited about that but theres 2 more examples of more structures being open to explore in the SA.

Well, I think they're currently at the point where around 80% of the buildings on the map are enterable so the change in gameplay are is going to be massive.

• Like 2

from time to time I feel the need to post something really primitive and vulgar....... <_<

• Like 1

from time to time I feel the need to post something really primitive and vulgar....... <_<

how about simply opposing his views to those of a person with more reason to judge it ;)

That new settlement look so authentic. You can see many of them in Russia. I like it, really.

Oh and strangely enough, I seem to be able to look into the windows of almost every single building displayed there :blush:

• Like 1

Great Q&A, and the screenshots, as always, very beautiful!

Regarding the crafting... I'm expecting to see something on the lines of options becoming available as you have the necessary parts.

The most recent game I've seen with this system is Teleglitch, where, for example, if you have explosives and nails, you can craft nail ammo (so you don't depend only on real ammo)...

Example of this, in about 2 min in:

So basically they're making cherno a proper city with a brand new suburb area, and those appartment buildings are twice larger than the ones from the actual game....

I'm amazed.

Edited by Bat

Oh GOD YES :P My day is complete. I can now rest peacefully.

Kudos Devs! :beans:

• Like 1

yap absolutely...you can find those all over eastern europe :)

also, none of those residential buildings even look enterable...

have a closer look mate! open doors and windows everywhere...

• Like 1

We’re hoping to begin our first large-scale capacity testing next week (assuming we have a stable enough build).

This was best part for me in this blogpost. Does this test include youtubers,streamers, forum moderators etc. ?