rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Do anyone know if there is any release date yet? =)

Try reading the actual 1st post and the link on the thread you just posted on.

Will the standalone support the six degrees of freedom?

Almost certainly.

L

Would the wind effect sniping also?

I hope so too. Apparently, wind can be present in Arma but is not not synched up on clients unless something is present in the mission. ACE mod shows it is definitely possible to simulate wind in the RV engine.

Ideally, they will also look at the cfgRecoils for the DMR and AS-50. The current ones are way too lenient.

Edited by Horde

Try reading the actual 1st post and the link on the thread you just posted on.

Why don't you just say "before April" rather than being an unhelpful pick? Or nothing at all as someone already beat you to it... "forum team member."

Why don't you just say "before April" rather than being an unhelpful pick? Or nothing at all as someone already beat you to it... "forum team member."

The link in the first post of this thread doesn't say "April" anywhere, thus it would be false information.

There is no set date whatsoever, which you would understand by doing a little simple reading.

And, for the record, Fraggle is a very helpful mod on these forums. :I

Edit;

From the DevBlog:

The plan going forward

The plan from here is straightforward. We will be releasing a closed test imminently, during which approximately 500-1000 people will assist in ensuring our architecture is correctly functioning. This closed test will be focused purely on architecture, not the game design. Once we have confirmed fixes for issues arising from the closed test, we will then reschedule an internal date for our public release.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

The way I see it the only thing more unhelpful than answering a question is asking a question that has already been answered.

Plus, since you're new here I'll give you some PRO TIPZ: it is common courtesy to read a thread before posting on it.

1 post and you come out with that drivel? Get back under that rock you popped out from. If your planning on staying then sort out your attitude, oh and read before you post.... :rolleyes:

Edited by dale0404

I have returned to this thread to find people are laying down the smack.

...maybe everyone else on day z isn't a spineless bambi after all. <3

• Like 1

Will we have the ability to jump in the standalone? My spacebar gets lonely when I play DayZ...

Will we have the ability to jump in the standalone? My spacebar gets lonely when I play DayZ...

I feel exactly the same everytime i go back after not playing for a while..... would be a nice change, but i just have this strange feeling the ability to do an ..?'Unscripted'? jump would leave potential for some nasty bugs, as i wouldnt imagine the map was ever diesgined for this?, althought i dont know jack about programming and am probably under estimating the team, and should just sit back and sip on my cup of stfu.....

Edited by ImRight

played in 3 different servers last few days, on all 3 there were hackers.

who here also thinks that the mod will die once the stand alone comes out?

played in 3 different servers last few days, on all 3 there were hackers.

who here also thinks that the mod will die once the stand alone comes out?

It might. I thought of one thing that could keep it going though: "Survivor Gamez" Without the ability to use some script the Gamez will disappear. I wonder if rocket would on down the development line on the SA would add something to facilitate something like the Gamez?

Edited by Chaos5061

I feel exactly the same everytime i go back after not playing for a while..... would be a nice change, but i just have this strange feeling the ability to do an ..?'Unscripted'? jump would leave potential for some nasty bugs, as i wouldnt imagine the map was ever diesgined for this?, althought i dont know jack about programming and am probably under estimating the team, and should just sit back and sip on my cup of stfu.....

A few times I really wanted not only to jump but the ability to climb, like in Assasin's creed, buildings, houses, fences even trees. It' be nice if this ability would be in SA.

• Like 1

The link in the first post of this thread doesn't say "April" anywhere, thus it would be false information.

There is no set date whatsoever, which you would understand by doing a little simple reading.

And, for the record, Fraggle is a very helpful mod on these forums. :I

Edit;

Exactly why his response is unhelpful. According to the media Mr. Hall has specified sometime before April on reddit. Even if this is false he could just give a simple "no release date" as someone already stated or nothing at all.

The way I see it the only thing more unhelpful than answering a question is asking a question that has already been answered.

Plus, since you're new here I'll give you some PRO TIPZ: it is common courtesy to read a thread before posting on it.

As you have 87 posts and clearly an advanced user... PRO TIPZ: Answer the question, better yet... if someone already beat you to it don't even bother posting.

1 post and you come out with that drivel? Get back under that rock you popped out from. If your planning on staying then sort out your attitude, oh and read before you post....

With a community of people like you and the forum team? I won't be staying around, don't worry...

jump animations look like shit in most games and having them would result in bunny jumping idiots I fear...what I would prefer is the abilty to jump from small roofs without breaking your legs maybe including a combat roll and wall jumps like in the smk mod...animations can be seen on page 29 of this thread...

• Like 6

Surely telling you to read the the first post of the thread you're posting on that has all the info you need is being helpful. It's also common sense.

LEARN2FORUM.

• Like 4

jump animations look like shit in most games and having them would result in bunny jumping idiots I fear...what I would prefer is the abilty to jump from small roofs without breaking your legs maybe including a combat roll and wall jumps like in the smk mod...animations can be seen on page 29 of this thread...

I have said earlier that to prevent bunny hoping you could simply fatigue the player after the first jump.... Easy peasy.

Specially if some fatigue mechanic is already being implemented, depending on how much weight you are carrying.

That's why you cannot bhop in real life, and that's why most games fail in this respect. Your legs cannot stand the stress of lifting your body from the ground multiple times.

To me sounds like you guys against jumping have some other unconscious reason but are blaming it on the bhop.

And to not be able to jump such small walls like this is just ridiculous:

edit: you could also limit the frequency of which the space bar can be pressed... like only once every 2 or 3 seconds.

Edited by Guest

With a community of people like you and the forum team? I won't be staying around, don't worry...

Such an idea is lovely to hear. Only two posts and yet one warning point already exists. Congratulations, you're no one special.

• Like 9

I have said earlier that to prevent bunny hoping you could simply fatigue the player after the first jump.... Easy peasy.

Specially if some fatigue mechanic is already being implemented, depending on how much weight you are carrying.

That's why you cannot bhop in real life, and that's why most games fail in this respect. Your legs cannot stand the stress of lifting your body from the ground multiple times.

To me sounds like you guys against jumping have some other unconscious reason but are blaming it on the bhop.

And to not be able to jump such small walls like this is just ridiculous:

edit: you could also limit the frequency of which the space bar can be pressed... like only once every 2 or 3 seconds.

the problem is the missing ragdoll and the "not so good" collision model in arma 2...even if you could do a simple jump animation you would not be able to jump over or on top of most statics like walls or cars until they fix it ...flanking small walls and fences is in the game already and does not work in your vid or in most of other cases because of the bad collision. I am not against jump anims in general but I would prefer to see more immersive stuff like wall jumps or combat rolls...btw such stuff could really help to escape the new and faster infected :) ...

and not...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo4lhFco3Q

Exactly why his response is unhelpful. According to the media Mr. Hall has specified sometime before April on reddit. Even if this is false he could just give a simple "no release date" as someone already stated or nothing at all.

As you have 87 posts and clearly an advanced user... PRO TIPZ: Answer the question, better yet... if someone already beat you to it don't even bother posting.

we will miss you....and please say hello to Mr.Titov and friends ...

the problem is the missing ragdoll and the "not so good" collision model in arma 2...even if you could do a simple jump animation you would not be able to jump over or on top of most statics like walls or cars until they fix it ...flanking small walls and fences is in the game already and does not work in your vid or in most of other cases because of the bad collision. I am not against jump anims in general but I would prefer to see more immersive stuff like wall jumps or combat rolls...btw such stuff could really help to escape the new and faster infected :) ...

and not...https://www.youtube....h?v=jzo4lhFco3Q

In this case (poor collision models) I have to agree with you :/

and not...https://www.youtube....h?v=jzo4lhFco3Q

I think we should appeal to the team responsible for Mirrors Edge for input :P (googled)....... that game had some really nice fluid gameplay to it, some sort of fatigue system would obvioulsy be needed with the ability for evasion/movment .......

Edit: Dice/EA... Dafuq.........Did not see that one coming

Edited by ImRight

if aiming gets even worse than running when jumping my opinion is that noone is gonna bunny jump. but he should be able to jump over small things quickly like one would be able in real world. i find this absolutely necessary. like this:

just pay something to whoever made this and apply it to the stand alone already.

another thing is third person and the ability to see above walls and corners without risking yourself. this tomb raider gameplay style is completely unrealistic and sucks, and unfortunately there are pratically no mercenary servers avaiable (that dont allow 3rd person), even less that have acceptable ping times.

Edited by white
  • Like 1

Yes, look at skyrim and its ugly clumsy interface made for two-fingered console dopes.

The biggest problem of cross-platform games - devs have to dumb them down to make them playable on the console. And what is worse they sometimes design them for consoles first and then port them to the PC (skyrim again) which makes them even worse. This and fucking release delay for PC in favor of consoles, this is just bullshit.

Also, I don't want the devs to water down the development to spread their time on different platforms. EA or Ubisoft can do it as far as they have ton of people to work and they are business-oriented companies, so leave it to them.

DayZ plays fine on a controller. They are not going to have do much 'dumbing down' as you say apart from removing unneeded commands from the vanilla ArmA II.

None of this is going to be delayed for a console port, as it's more likely that one million sales is going to be a while after the standalone goes on sale. Even if the game does sell one million sales upon release, it is only more likely, not guranteed immediate focus on publishing a console port.

EA does a shit job regardless whether or not they have one person or one thousand. I am fairly confident Rocket's team and Bohemia Interactive will always focus on the PC version. Just look at Minecraft, they released an XBOX version and the development for PC was not slow at all. If you count the people they asked to port it for them, I doubt that goes over one hundred people.

I only see benefits of a console release. More sales, a larger budget to develop games, a larger audience. The only problem I see is current tech's 7800GT processing power and a 3-core shit CPU. When I first became aware of the easyness of building a PC, I was upset that ArmA II was unfortunately not available for the consoles, let alone the modification. I personally think we should have a console port on the later generation consoles, such as the newer XBOX and Orbis, maybe even Steam Box if the graphics power allows for it.