rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

yes you are right the zombos are heavily bugged even the movement and shamble is strange.

I heard they are trying to fix this problem and the dev team has addressed an apology steam and the gamers comunnity about their bad conduct.

well WarZ has many advantages too...

i know about DayZ Pros and Cons. but then again i dont want a mod. so i think im going to buy the DayZ when it is released as a standalone games.

Thanks for the fast reply !! Cheers mate!

Dont do it (buy warz)... Im gonna be straight. Warz devs arent going to fix anything, at least on the large scale. Devs have adressed alot of things, 99% is lies and crap talk.

Even as a mod dayz is still 100 times better that warz. I dont see how you could have looked in to things and still consider buying the game?

I have been follow the shitstorm from the start and seen it, like many others here. Im not talking as a dayz "fanboy" here and I really cant understand what "advantages" warz could have when its limited from the core(engine), speacially with the incompetent devs. There is somekind of copycat team that has started their own warz development, but If I have understood correctly Its closed from the "public", even they are doing better job than the founders of the game.. makes you think.

Arma 2 is worth the 30usd even alone + lots and lots of mods for it... with warz you get buggy bad excuse for a game with asshole devs.

But this aint really a place to discuss that, excuse me but Im trying to save someones money for something better.

So I suggest you to do your research again.. not only gameplay videos.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

i did and i saw not much diffrence in gameplay and since dayZ is still a mod, i dont wanna hand my cash for a game just for the mod.

and i dont really wanna use pirated means either as 30$ is a big price if converted to indonesian rupiah nowdays..

so i need a speculation on the release date wheter 5 more months or 1 year later..

Oh ! thanks for your answer Smasht_AU and thanks for your concern Fraggle.

any speculation will do by the dev team of dayZ !! so, care to give me a rough speculation?

pirated means? lol. not only is this game worth every penny (or in your case rupiah) but it often goes on sale on steam. i would buy this mod 10 times over before i spent a dime on the shit show that is warz. pirated means though, rofl, gl

Dont do it (buy warz)... Im gonna be straight. Warz devs arent going to fix anything, at least on the large scale. Devs have adressed alot of things, 99% is lies and crap talk.

Even as a mod dayz is still 100 times better that warz. I dont see how you could have looked in to things and still consider buying the game?

I have been follow the shitstorm from the start and seen it, like many others here. Im not talking as a dayz "fanboy" here and I really cant understand what "advantages" warz could have when its limited from the core(engine), speacially with the incompetent devs. There is somekind of copycat team that has started their own warz development, but If I have understood correctly Its closed from the "public", even they are doing better job than the founders of the game.. makes you think.

Arma 2 is worth the 30usd even alone + lots and lots of mods for it... with warz you get buggy bad excuse for a game with asshole devs.

But this aint really a place to discuss that, excuse me but Im trying to save someones money for something better.

So I suggest you to do your research again.. not only gameplay videos.

the important is the gameplay actually for me. if the gameplay is bad, sorry im not going to buy it.

rather than researching on talking crap that has no prove whatsoever , i am good on the gameplay research and a little fact research (can be proven)..

then again have u seen the core engine not based on the gameplay? or is it like 'oh ok the others says it and im going to say it as well'.

they can change how the core engine works, and the newest update is they promise a better META gameplay after their deceit and blow off.

'copycat team'? sorry i dont think so.

i dont care how many mods arma 2 has, bottomline is i wont buy a full game juz for the mod.

assholey dev? from how you express your opinion, sir, learn to talk politely.

even if they make a mistake atleast they are being responsible now by releasing a statement. we will see how it goes.

im not trying to offend you, but what i ask is "when is DayZ going to be released / speculation". i dont need words that cant be proven (bullcr*p)

sorry if anyone feel offended.

oh and i just posted on warZ forum. the member told me to not waste my money as nothing is happening on the dev side just yet.

dang i am so not patient to get my hands on survival zombie game after finishing dead island !!

i hope WarZ get fixed really soon or DayZ get released 3 months later !! either way those two wont get out of my buylist!

pirated means? lol. not only is this game worth every penny (or in your case rupiah) but it often goes on sale on steam. i would buy this mod 10 times over before i spent a dime on the shit show that is warz. pirated means though, rofl, gl

Why do you laugh about pirated means? There are a bunch of pirated servers... Some people actually play there. I owed arma before I tried the mod, but since DayZ came out, I've seen pirated copies quite a lot explaining how to launch and play it...

means downloading a cracked version of the game.

pirated means though, rofl, gl

What does this mean?

Why do you laugh about pirated means? There are a bunch of pirated servers... Some people actually play there. I owed arma before I tried the mod, but since DayZ came out, I've seen pirated copies quite a lot explaining how to launch and play it...

Yes they even have one for indonesian server. i believe most country has their own private (pirated) server as well. but then again he laughing probably thinking im talking about warz is a pirated version of dayz

and you m0s3s, if you want to play a zombie game and can't wait for DayZ, then go ahead, buy WarZ... a bunch of people there had experience playing it and have already told you about how much of crap this game really is in comparison to DayZ (including gameplay). Even a couple of my friends tried it, they absolutely agreed that WarZ wasn't worth the money they spent on it. As far as DayZ being a mod for which you have to pay $30 - dude, you are technically buying 2 games at one price. Who cares if that's a "mod". As long as it is fun, I will pay to play it.

Anyway, after all it is your choice. If you want to buy it, nobody is holding you. We gave our opinion.

Edited by osallivan
  • Like 2

and you m0s3s, if you want to play a zombie game and can't wait for DayZ, then go ahead, buy WarZ... a bunch of people there had experience playing it and have already told you about how much of crap this game really is in comparison to DayZ (including gameplay). Even a couple of my friends tried it, they absolutely agreed that WarZ wasn't worth the money they spent on it. As far as DayZ being a mod for which you have to pay $30 - dude, you are technically buying 2 games at one price. Who cares if that's a "mod". As long as it is fun, I will pay to play it.

Anyway, after all it is your choice. If you want to buy it, nobody is holding you. We gave our opinion.

Yes i gave my opinion as well that i care it is a mod or not. since for 30$ i believe i can get both WarZ and DayZ.

Thanks for the opinion and no one said anyone is holding anyone, only the release date is :)

it is solely my choice that is why i asked "when is the release date / speculation" not "is it worth it".

Anyway Thank you for your concern.

WarZ = Crap. Played it and now it sits in my "uninstalled" section of games. Someone link this guy the WarZ General Discussion 2 thread for Gods sake. SAVE HIM!

Really felt like I had to respond. (wall of text)

the important is the gameplay actually for me. if the gameplay is bad, sorry im not going to buy it.

rather than researching on talking crap that has no prove whatsoever , i am good on the gameplay research and a little fact research (can be proven)..

then again have u seen the core engine not based on the gameplay? or is it like 'oh ok the others says it and im going to say it as well'.

they can change how the core engine works, and the newest update is they promise a better META gameplay after their deceit and blow off.

i dont care how many mods arma 2 has, bottomline is i wont buy a full game juz for the mod.

even if they make a mistake atleast they are being responsible now by releasing a statement. we will see how it goes.

im not trying to offend you, but what i ask is "when is DayZ going to be released / speculation". i dont need words that cant be proven (bullcr*p)

oh and i just posted on warZ forum. the member told me to not waste my money as nothing is happening on the dev side just yet.

dang i am so not patient to get my hands on survival zombie game after finishing dead island !!

i hope WarZ get fixed really soon or DayZ get released 3 months later !! either way those two wont get out of my buylist!

Really felt like I had to respond, neighter I have intention to offend you or anyone here, I just tryed to make a point why its not adviced to buy the game. Everyone has their own "merits" how they chose a game, I wont support game which have untrusted lying devs.. regardless how good the gameplay is. Just tryed to save your money, sorry.

If its the gameplay that matters then, both games have flaws... arma has less, that should be clear even from the youtube videos.

Well there are alot of things(what you consider "bullcr*p" and they are proven), whether its about the game it self or the devs behind it... those are provided mostly by the devs themselves through lying and changing their statements after wards.

The engine statement comes mostly from reading, its used on the other game that is arena shooter called war inc, like the warz is... also the some of the evidence is in the warz also (world is scaled huge compared to the characters so that it would look bigger).

Sure they can change the engine, but its gonna take time. They have said things all the way from the start, empty promises that very few have been filled. That is why its not going very far anymore.

Yes "copycat team", which is this: http://warzemulator.com/ :D

The devs doesnt deserve to be talked politely about, they have done it to themselves, its sad but its true... the main problem is people will continue swallowing the cr*p that they feed after they make some "apology".

These are my opionnions based on the information and proof around the whole warz topic, feel free to think different.. just tought to let you know what kind of devs they are.

If you are new to this debate around dayz/warz, then you should really read more.. more than just watch those gameplay videos to get the whole picture, feel free to prove the "bullcr*ap" false on the warz general discussion 2 thread, Im glad if you can and I will take back my words. Or if the devs will really make everything right, I will accept I was wrong.

But in any case, if it is not necessary for you to know all the other shit that is around the game, but just the gameplay I can respect that, no further rant about the things around the game.

Edited by Zeppa

i did and i saw not much diffrence in gameplay and since dayZ is still a mod, i dont wanna hand my cash for a game just for the mod.

If you are willing to pay 15 Us dollars for WarZ why not spend 3 more us dollars and get arma2 and arma CO? A couple weeks ago, I was able to find it on sale for 17.97 us dollars at gamersgate.com I am sure it will go on sale again sometime in the near future.

Dude people are being blunt and telling you "straight" because this debate has been going on for 8months about whether or not to buy and if its going to be good or not....

I have WarZ and its really not good and has nothing to offer.... It feels like a really cheap unfinished (sorry unstarted) CONSOLE game...

At 1st I was like you saying well they haven't copied DayZ as they have screen shots of the game that show it miles ahead of DayZ and that can't be made up over night..... I was WRONG the screen shots from 8 months ago are more advanced than the game is now (I'm being honest), I really don't know how they got them screen shots to look so good but they are miles ahead of the games graphics.

The interface is a good starting block, but it is a poor poor finished product (which it is because they won't update that)

You can't kill some zombies....... I killed 1 zombie (3-4 hits) and then went to another one which I attacked and it just wouldn't die (over 100 hits) BUGGED..... If you can't kill zombies what's the point of the game? It's like playing pacman with out the power pills and the small pills.... Walking around aimlessly

Now you say I'm not buying a game so I can get a mod..... I don't understand this? Now I have stopped playing the mod as I'm waiting for standalone, and I would probably advise you to wait for standalone as well, but what your saying makes no sense.... It's like saying I'm not buying a disk drive to load game up from DVD...

Honestly weather you have to buy the game or not has nothing to do with it.... Look at it another way, your paying

• Like 1

my quote from nov 18th:

I'm not sure if steam will get involved with this 'minecraft model' thing. I'm sure they'd be glad to host the finished product. but I'm not sure if they want to get involved in charging for an unfinished product. they might not want to be the middle man if people start demanding refunds or whatever. I really don't know though...

I'll quote my own words on the matter:

Yeah I heard that from WarZ players as well... they said that it doesn't matter how the game devs are liars and scammers and unprofessional people, and how they are damaging irreversibly the game industry and setting a precedent for every other game company that gamers are dumb and will pay for promisses never delivered no matter how bad is the team behind it... it doesn't matter because the game is still fun to play with your friends.

So, even if later companies decide that they will only lie and make shitty games, because we pay, it doesn't matter, because NOW we are having fun?

People should stop thinking about their own ass, and the immediate fun they will have, and realize that their actions have consequences for everyone else and the future of gaming.

And FYI, Rocket agrees with what I'm saying. Here's a quote from his recent Q&A on reddit:

Q: What about the price?

A: Cheap for a start, rising in price during development. I'm just going to come right out and say it, so that people start to stop with this whole "competition is good" thing. Competition can be good, under the right circumstances. Personally, the WarZ scandal and the price people have been paying has made me think, personally, that we've been undervaluing the project in terms of price. If one company releases a product, that doesn't perform well and is at a high price, and succeeds - what example does that set for other companies? People need to behave like rational consumers and not just instantly buy everything they see - otherwise all they will end up with is crap. The moment gamers start organizing and rewarding developers that meet what the consumers want - is the moment the publishers will be forced to value their developers more (and pay them more). Regardless, it's never going to be at a full retail price.

So yeah, go on and buy WarZ .... and by doing that make the SA cost more for all of us (probably not but you get the point).

Edited by Reverie

I'll quote my own words on the matter:

So, even if later companies decide that they will only lie and make shitty games, because we pay, it doesn't matter, because NOW we are having fun?

People should stop thinking about their own ass, and realize that their actions has consequences for everyone else and the future of gaming.

But a lot of gamers ARE dumb. That's why bush-wookies die to makarovs so much.

Eugh, I'll clarify. You can't ask someone who hands over their hard-earned/begged-for money to admit their buyer's remorse. See dreamcasts. The whole lot of us are just a bunch of consumers sharing stories about the products we buy (our experiences/ funny stories/ etc), and who wants to be the guy in the group who has nothing to show for but half a game and about 40 stories of times when a hacker shot them or they got beat to death with a flashlight?

Forums and the internet amplify this effect because people have anon-bravery mixed with internet tough guy syndrome, so everyone has to prove themselves all the time and get hyper-defensive. Go to a game forum and click a thread and try reading half the shit on it from the perspective of someone like a game publisher, and you'll see why we look like a bunch of grunting apes to them.

Edited by misterwit

You have a point misterwit, but I'll keep trying to put some sense on these people heads. Because if only a couple read and agree, and they share this thought with other gamers elsewhere, slowly we create a group of conscious people. DayZ made success on the verbal publicity, there's no reason to think we cannot do the same with ideas.

By the way, I posted those words of mine in this very topic a couple days before Rocket made that Q&A on reddit.

Since he is present here on this forums, I'd like to think that he was touched by my words agreed and decided to share it, even if that's not the case.

Now we have Rocket saying to maybe hundreds of thousands exactly what I'm saying here... that's definitely gonna effect how some people buy.

• Like 1

Getting off the drama of the last page and a half.

I would like to see a limited offline character progression.

What do I mean about this?

For about 30 minutes after a player logs out your characters water, food, blood if injured continues to drop.

Now seeing that your character would not be moving water and food will drop by a very small amount in that time. However it is the blood loss that will be the major problem and this is the reasoning behind it.

Combat logging

Shooting a player and watching them vanish is an annoyance, because that guy can stay logged offline safe in the knowledge that his character is safe. Then log back on 2-3 hours later bandage himself and move on, but if the character is still losing blood, when he logs back in his character will be dead.

This should hopefully reduce combat loggers or reduce people combat logging and waiting out the attacker.

You have a point misterwit, but I'll keep trying to put some sense on these people heads. Because if only a couple read and agree, and they share this thought with other gamers elsewhere, slowly we create a group of conscious people. DayZ made success on the verbal publicity, there's no reason to think we cannot do the same with ideas.

By the way, I posted those words of mine in this very topic a couple days before Rocket made that Q&A on reddit.

Since he is present here on this forums, I'd like to think that he was touched by my words agreed and decided to share it, even if that's not the case.

Now we have Rocket saying to maybe hundreds of thousands exactly what I'm saying here... that's definitely gonna effect how some people buy.

The problem is that your point isn't on the moral high-ground. You're basically trying to incite the equivalent of a consumer's union. There's always going to be superior and inferior games in the marketplace because some people like what's cheap and quick while others like quality. That's why there's 92 billion $3 phone/facebook games and only a couple AAA titles at a given time. You can't MAKE people want more if they don't care if it's better or not. That's like telling people they're not allowed to prefer non-organic foods, or that it's morally reprehensible.

It's a free market and people with taste and money are in the minority. Trying to shake people out of their love for cheap, instant gratification is impossible.

• Like 2

Getting off the drama of the last page and a half.

I would like to see a limited offline character progression.

What do I mean about this?

For about 30 minutes after a player logs out your characters water, food, blood if injured continues to drop.

Now seeing that your character would not be moving water and food will drop by a very small amount in that time. However it is the blood loss that will be the major problem and this is the reasoning behind it.

Combat logging

Shooting a player and watching them vanish is an annoyance, because that guy can stay logged offline safe in the knowledge that his character is safe. Then log back on 2-3 hours later bandage himself and move on, but if the character is still losing blood, when he logs back in his character will be dead.

This should hopefully reduce combat loggers or reduce people combat logging and waiting out the attacker.

Absolutely not. What if a zombie hits you and you have no bandages and you have to leave in a couple minutes for something important? I already played a game where I was punished for having a life, I don't want another. If you want to solve combat logging all you have to do is make the player persist in the world for a minute after shooting/getting shot whether they're logged in or not.

• Like 2

Absolutely not. What if a zombie hits you and you have no bandages and you have to leave in a couple minutes for something important? I already played a game where I was punished for having a life, I don't want another. If you want to solve combat logging all you have to do is make the player persist in the world for a minute after shooting/getting shot whether they're logged in or not.

I don't want to discus a "What if situation" as it can be a no win discussion, as I could counter with. What if you're in a gun fight and you have to go in a few minutes. You will have to wait around to finish the fight and let your character agro cooldown or take the risk, log out and hope they don't shoot you in the time it takes for your to minute pass. So you are in a no life game situation again, I personally don't see Day Z as a pick up and play type of game. It is quite hardcore and so I dedicate game time to playing it and even if an emergency situation comes up. Real life comes first and I will go instantly, even if I am being dry humped by zombies or shot at by another player. Then you might counter with another "What if situation" and the whole discussion goes back and forth not getting any where.

So I will say, I don't see why both systems can not be put into the SA an "agro log off timer and a 30 minute offline character progression". That way they have two systems covering all situations.

Edited by -seraphine-

Well the only way to know for sure is to play WarZ myself, recently they patched the game fixed few things and added few things in contrast with what people said about the dev.

and if you think they dont deserve to be talked politley that is your problem, i still stand by my principle as a human in a community.

sigh that is why i hate to ask stuff. just answer the question rather than giving me a wall full of text that i already know about.

@zeppa "what you consider "bullcr*p" and they are proven" <=== what did i consider bullcr*p? what have been proven and what not?

but nvm that, WarZ Dev DID release the statement for the moment at let us see if they begin to fix that game or not.

gosh its like minecraft or terraria , alienware laptop and dead island again !

in the meantime the DayZ standalone picture does look promising, hope it will be better than the mod itself !

I don't want to discus a "What if situation" as it can be a no win discussion, as I could counter with. What if you're in a gun fight and you have to go in a few minutes. You will have to wait around to finish the fight and let your character agro cooldown or take the risk, log out and hope they don't shoot you in the time it takes for your to minute pass. So you are in a no life game situation again, I personally don't see Day Z as a pick up and play type of game. It is quite hardcore and so I dedicate game time to playing it and even if an emergency situation comes up. Real life comes first and I will go instantly, even if I am being dry humped by zombies or shot at by another player. Then you might counter with another "What if situation" and the whole discussion goes back and forth not getting any where.

So I will say, I don't see why both systems can not be put into the SA an "agro log off timer and a 30 minute offline character progression". That way they have two systems covering all situations.

I agree. They need to put a mechanic to pick up lagg outs so you don't die if your internet or power goes out :P.
  • Like 1

Well the only way to know for sure is to play WarZ myself, recently they patched the game fixed few things and added few things in contrast with what people said about the dev.

and if you think they dont deserve to be talked politley that is your problem, i still stand by my principle as a human in a community.

sigh that is why i hate to ask stuff. just answer the question rather than giving me a wall full of text that i already know about.

@zeppa "what you consider "bullcr*p" and they are proven" <=== what did i consider bullcr*p? what have been proven and what not?

but nvm that, WarZ Dev DID release the statement for the moment at let us see if they begin to fix that game or not.

gosh its like minecraft or terraria , alienware laptop and dead island again !

in the meantime the DayZ standalone picture does look promising, hope it will be better than the mod itself !

You need to ask a community that is bias to both games. The trouble is you're asking about War Z in a very Pro Day Z forum and the fact that this community has not been lied or mislead like the War Z community has. You will only really get one answer "stay away from War Z".

I have not played War Z, that has nothing to do with the information that has been released about the game from other players or certain youtubers. I just don't believe in the micro-transaction gaming market. Especially on a game that you have to pay for to own in the first place. I think it is a bad business policy, it does not show loyalty to long term players and those sorts of games don't see much growth outside of the micro-transaction market. Look for examples in Bigpoint or Cryptic Studios star trek online.

What I will say is, if you are interested in the War Z play it and make up your own mind. You will know within a few days to a week if you like it or not and also. If the War Z developers have such faith in their product, why are they not offering a limited trial version of their game?