rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

I'm guessing we'll get news from the Forum Moderators regarding their testing before we get another interview with the devs so I have to ask for you to test the whole "hide from infected in trees" tactic. Hoping it will be fixed by the initial release if it hasn't been already.

Edited by Lights Out

I don't believe it will be fixed, as this is released to the zombie AI. Now I could be very wrong about this, but I think a dev said that they are working on fixing the zombies/infected behaviour and AI. However this would take some time and won't be ready for beta release of the SA.

Dean is a true inspiration,

To get the backing of Bohemia shows he has demonstrated true vision and dedication to the DayZ product.

I have just dropped 2K (AUZ) on a new machine to ensure when the standalone is released nothing interrupts my gaming experience!

honestly i just want to play the standalone my PID was stolen and i have a Battle eye ban so i havent been able to play.

honestly i just want to play the standalone my PID was stolen and i have a Battle eye ban so i havent been able to play.

You mean your GUID and why would anyone steal that? It would be easier for a hacker to get a new one and a scripter wouldn't know how to get at yours.

Edited by -seraphine-

Having been an MMORPG gamer for many years (stopped playing since becoming disillusioned with the genre), if there's one phrase I hate, then it's "end game." It frustrates me and has generally appeared from games such as World of Warcraft, where little kids need an end goal to aim for, or a place that they can show off their amazing armor. Not all games need a flippin' end game. This mentality really needs to change.

Linear games have end games, as you play from start to finish. Sandbox type games, that try to depict realism, shouldn't really have an end game, as it's left to your own imagination as to what you do, even if developers get cries of "well, what's the point in playing?!" Stop catering to the people who need to be hand fed everything, with a lovely carrot sticking out in front.

]

then again it can go the other way with games like guild wars 2 which have no end game apart from grinding cosmetic gear and are as boring as turd, there is a fine balance to be had. The way i see it is i want dayz to be the zombie apocalypse version of EVE, being able to shape and manipulate a world in any way you see fit! I wish we could get the trains working along the coast, that would be truly epic!

Edited by triggy89
  • Like 2

It's coming soooooon i can't wait i always wanted to play a REAL survival zombie game i never played before but i'm going to buy it when the standalone is released

More information on the progress please :)

Better than sex and harder to get... :P

• Like 1

Good comments here

Rocket :We're down to the last few things to fix before the first test servers pop online and we run the first full servers. Slowly we'll hand out the first keys and get a few servers running. Then we will reassess. It could go really well and we open up quickly, or it could go badly.

Don't expect the tech test to be fun, or very pretty. It's a tech test, any game design that makes it into that will be a bonus.

Also : Nope, not yet. We've only really started on item art asset development recently, as we just confirmed all our desired item architectural changes are possible.

ALSO THERE RUNNING INITIALLY AT 150 PLAYERS!

Very good progress

cannot wait to see the looting/clothing/bag mechanics!

even just l seeing the new animation! GAH screeeching like a JB fan

Edited by Ovation
  • Like 2

u guys are impossible its incredible.

if u want some girly clothes and not a buddy system you guys are kinda really boring at all. seriously sad.

@ everyone that replied to my comments. none of u get my point and its ok. nothing about trolling or being harsh. thats just the way i talk. seriously if this game doenst have a buddy system or something like that aint gonna be popular for people that love to play together.

end of the story

u guys are impossible its incredible.

if u want some girly clothes and not a buddy system you guys are kinda really boring at all. seriously sad.

@ everyone that replied to my comments. none of u get my point and its ok. nothing about trolling or being harsh. thats just the way i talk. seriously if this game doenst have a buddy system or something like that aint gonna be popular for people that love to play together.

end of the story

I think that the problem with group elements is that the usefulness of those features is still hard to picture. Consider that much of the game will be different and will be harder. Surviving on your own will be really hard and trusting people will be even harder. Making it so that the game puts pressure on your through these elements is exactly the thing rocket has been building towards all along. There won't be any safeties on this game, anything that makes the game easier will be taken away unless the game becomes fundamentally broken or impossible because of it.

Right now there is no struggle, as long as hackers don't nuke your tents (thanks for that ZUST-buddies) you can bounce back into the game like nothing happened even in the worst scenarios. On top of that, a quick sprint into cherno for blood and a dinner bell and you can pretty much do anything you want all day without any fear of zed nor bandit. The game has become easy and the players have long forgotten that it was supposed to be a game where you tried to survive zombies, not teleport hacks and AS50's.

• Like 1

One thing I want to see is a mechanism that will allow me to communicate via whisper to people I can't group up with via second-party VoIP. My friends and I thought that you could make a communication device by looting broken radios, where you can type in chat on a special channel, and the in-game mechanic would be that the character would send the message in morse code though the radio you rigged. This would allow text chat that is explained in-game over long distances. It would work like Local chat in that it has a maximum range, though.

• Like 1

Is their feedback all that matters?

No buf or the most part they seem to have a general understanding of how the game works, some opinion on what should be there, plus it would be just cool in my opinion.

One thing I want to see is a mechanism that will allow me to communicate via whisper to people I can't group up with via second-party VoIP. My friends and I thought that you could make a communication device by looting broken radios, where you can type in chat on a special channel, and the in-game mechanic would be that the character would send the message in morse code though the radio you rigged. This would allow text chat that is explained in-game over long distances. It would work like Local chat in that it has a maximum range, though.

Just use Skype or teamspeak

I'm guessing we'll get news from the Forum Moderators regarding their testing before we get another interview with the devs so I have to ask for you to test the whole "hide from infected in trees" tactic. Hoping it will be fixed by the initial release if it hasn't been already.

Rest assured I'll be taking a look at all of the old bugs and tricks for dealing with Zeds, I 've even written a list so I don't miss anything :)

• Like 4

I liked someones idea of having weapons with no scopes and only iron sights. That would make things a lot more competitive. I would agree on removing all sniper rifles period. I love them, but they do affect the way I play.

Just use Skype or teamspeak

why don't people understand that some of us would prefer a more immersive in-game system?

• Like 1

why don't people understand that some of us would prefer a more immersive in-game system?

Not sure if it's a lot programming or whatever, but I see it as, why waste the devs time building this "immerse" in-game chat system when you have a third party program that does all that already. Plus, it might be a disadvantage to you, but to each their own.

Rest assured I'll be taking a look at all of the old bugs and tricks for dealing with Zeds, I 've even written a list so I don't miss anything :)

You never even know if zeds will be in there guys "maybe mods do" Hopefully though!

Not sure if it's a lot programming or whatever, but I see it as, why waste the devs time building this "immerse" in-game chat system when you have a third party program that does all that already. Plus, it might be a disadvantage to you, but to each their own.

because the 3rd party programs do too much and break the immersion

I mean if we could trust people to use them sparingly, then it wouldn't be as much of an issue. but I think we know that's not gonna happen

Edited by daze23

The way i see in game communication

Direct chat, vehicle chat. A MUST

no side chat no other voice communication.

Global typing you can turn in on or off.

and of course type in direct

No other type of in-game voice period.