rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Let's wait and see shall we before making broad statements about how bad things are gonna be.

Comparing DayZ to Duke Nukem? C'mon, man - DayZ has gone from nothing to imminent SA testing in around 9 months.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 2

That was one of my worries too, the longer they take the next shiny thing comes along and the dream is swept away in a tide of couldavbeen. But still , it has not even been a year yet since the Mod.

It is a double edged sword situation, release buggier than you liked early or polish it a bit here and a bit there ..and a bit more here..and a tad there..but comparing to Duke to DayZ is a bit much :D

I wonder how many people are working on the Day Z SA Dev Team ? With all the work they have to do(rag doll physics, animation & artwork, new buildings,player built buildings and cars ect.) i hope Bohemia gave team rocket all the people they need to get this off the ground soon.Plus they're working on Arma 3 so i wonder if that slowed the process down as well.

I'm sure Rocket will have everything sorted out in the end.

Edited by SuperJesusDude

We're only 1-2 months past a speculated release date and some people are hitting the panic button, head for the hills already. If we are still sitting here a year from now wondering why we still don't have a SA, I will then start asking questions as to why it has not been released.

So put the pitchforks away, extinguish the torches and relax.

There are so many exciting changes coming down the line! I absolutely love seeing items spawning on tables and outside of loot piles. I want to have to SEARCH a house in order to know it's all clear!

Every time I read a new feature I squee. It's true.

Anyways ...... While i'm waiting for this to come out .... Don't take much for ppl to get excited , any freaking news ??? Sry I'm getting impatient , this topic is a major drag...

porting the game to a new engine and improving and optimizing this engine for their needs - done

removing all unnecessary stuff from the mod and improving models and animations - done

extending, improving and fixing the game world (chernarus plus) - done

making all buildings enterable - done

creating a complete new client server structure- done

creating a complete new item system ( items being entities) - done

reworking the hud and improving the controls - done

creating a complete new loot spawn system - done

creating a complete new inventory system and implemented player clothing - done

Zombies are currently beeing worked on ( Matt Lightfoot stated this in his interview) and since they finished working on the inventory there are free resources now to do so even faster

(done = in some cases basically done for the first release)

beside this...the ToH engine will provide a new weather sytem ...new items and wepons are confirmed even for the initial release...a background lore for the virus has been written...map developers are still improving Chernarus..texture artists are improving the look of in and exteriors, plans have been made for a complete new medic and desease system...new creatures are in the work....etc etc etc

now add all the other stuff that has to be done and organized for such a project and think of all the bad stuff that happened like the waz crap or the shit with Martin and Ivan during this time....

maybe also take in account that BI is not Bethasoft....

six months since the SA was announced ...what the fuck is wrong with you people ????

• Like 7

We're only 1-2 months past a speculated release date and some people are hitting the panic button, head for the hills already. If we are still sitting here a year from now wondering why we still don't have a SA, I will then start asking questions as to why it has not been released.

So put the pitchforks away, extinguish the torches and relax.

I've always wanted to grab a torch (optional pitchfork) and join a mob

zwwy8p.jpg

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 4

I've always wanted to grab a torch (optional pitchfork) and join a mob

zwwy8p.jpg

I don't believe Rocket has confirmed torches and pitchforks in [sA] yet....

Imagine throwing gasoline on a Zombie and throw a match towards it! Who needs a flashlight!

Imagine throwing gasoline on a Zombie and throw a match towards it! Who needs a flashlight!

What do you mean zombie, I wanna do it to a player MAWhahahahahahaha

Anyhoo,

I was thinking when they do release the game. Can they make sure they have an enormous great big message pop up that appears when you click buy game, that says.

Hey we have not finished this game it is a beta WORK IN PROGRESS, there will be bugs, there will be glitches, at times it will be unplayable. So in clicking ACCEPT you should remember this. You will help us by reporting bugs in a civil way. Using more than the THIS IS BROKE FIX IT, Sentence.

And after they click accept another pop up appears saying

OK ASSHOLE you got the warning and if we are going to see you on the forums bitching and moaning. We will find you, we will break your fingers and we will send you to Greece.

Or you know, words to that effect.

Edited by -seraphine-

I think after the WarZ scam fiasco on Steam it's safe to say that no chances are being taken in that regard ;)

I think after the WarZ scam fiasco on Steam it's safe to say that no chances are being taken in that regard ;)

first people testing will be Bohemia, community dev team members, Valve, etc...

rockets post on reddit

DayZ isn't the only one not wanting another WarZ scam fiasco on Steam. Valve is probably putting the pressure on and Rocket wants to fix what he can before Valve takes a peak under the hood

Edited by Va3ryn
  • Like 4

As long as they just is communication instead of having a total separate team that is doing the steam release like with TheWarZ... -.-

rockets post on reddit

DayZ isn't the only one not wanting another WarZ scam fiasco on Steam. Valve is probably putting the pressure on and Rocket wants to fix what he can before Valve takes a peak under the hood

That's a really good point. Both of them are going to have to do all they can not to be accused of pulling the same trick. Obviously that won't be the case but after the WarZ shitstorm both parties need to be seen to be completely up front and clear about what it is they're selling.

hey, i really need an estimate release date on this standalone..

if it was still a long long way before i can get my hands on it..

i am considering of buying the warZ..

so can someone give me an estimate?

Any answers you get would be pure speculation, closed testing is about to begin and the release date would be entirely dependent on the outcome of that testing.

Edited by smasht_AU

rockets post on reddit

Ok war Z might have changed steams policy on testing, but steam generally don't have a testing team or any product testing before they allow a game to be sold through steam. That does not include valve games.

Make sure you check out some of the WarZ reviews on Youtube before handing over your cash :)

Make sure you check out some of the WarZ reviews on Youtube before handing over your cash :)

i did and i saw not much diffrence in gameplay and since dayZ is still a mod, i dont wanna hand my cash for a game just for the mod.

and i dont really wanna use pirated means either as 30$ is a big price if converted to indonesian rupiah nowdays..

so i need a speculation on the release date wheter 5 more months or 1 year later..

Oh ! thanks for your answer Smasht_AU and thanks for your concern Fraggle.

any speculation will do by the dev team of dayZ !! so, care to give me a rough speculation?

i did and i saw not much diffrence in gameplay and since dayZ is still a mod, i dont wanna hand my cash for a game just for the mod.

and i dont really wanna use pirated means either as 30$ is a big price if converted to indonesian rupiah nowdays..

so i need a speculation on the release date wheter 5 more months or 1 year later..

any speculation will do by the dev team of dayZ !! so, care to give me a rough speculation?

I can't see it being more than 2 months before the SA release, based on many factors and facts, that I can't be arsed to explain ATM.

It will probably be between Februaty-April. We can't say for sure.

on a side note I played both games and I would not recommend buy WarZ. Their zombies are totally bugged, you can't sneak, the servers are a big deathmatch...

DayZ has this unbelievable realistic atmosphere and sense of scale and loneliness, theres all these possibilities for player made stories, it's so much better in everyway, you can truly experience the feeling of being part of the zombie apocalypse.

Edited by Bat

It will probably be between Februaty-April. We can't say for sure.

on a side note I played both games and I would not recommend buy WarZ. Their zombies are totally bugged, you can't sneak, the servers are a big deathmatch...

DayZ has this unbelievable realistic atmosphere and sense of scale and loneliness, theres all these possibilities for player made stories, it's so much better in everyway, you can truly experience the feeling of being part of the zombie apocalypse.

yes you are right the zombos are heavily bugged even the movement and shamble is strange.

I heard they are trying to fix this problem and the dev team has addressed an apology steam and the gamers comunnity about their bad conduct.

well WarZ has many advantages too...

i know about DayZ Pros and Cons. but then again i dont want a mod. so i think im going to buy the DayZ when it is released as a standalone games.

Thanks for the fast reply !! Cheers mate!

First quarter of 2013. :D Best estimate as we can give atm. And even then, still nobody can assure you they won't push it till later...