rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

I don't understand why heaps of people are saying 'OH NOOOO dont put it on xbox or ps3'. Can someone tell me what the problem is? It doesn't mean you have to buy it, just stick to playing PC. Rocket will get funded by it, so that means he can do even more with DayZ or any other projects he's working on.

• Like 2

Well for one, it would be stupid to design DayZ SA for Xbox 360 or PS3. I say this because new-gen consoles will be out by the end of the year, if not soon after.

Sooooo... does it really affect you?

I say release it on everything (when appropriate),

The more money the DayZ standalone makes the better support/servers/updates it will have.

DayZ and BI will have a better idea of the demand after they measure the success of DayZ at that point they will have the data to make an informed decision.

If it is really successful and everyone here believes it will be, then limiting the development to one platform doesn't really make much sense.

Think of battlefield 3, the PC version is different to the consoles in a number of ways, the main one being 64 player servers.

Even talking about the long term strategy of BI and the DayZ team at this juncture seems rather pointless considering they don't even know what they plan to do themselves.

• Like 3

You should be implanting a preorder funktion and people who preorder should get a cammo underwear as thk you. XD

Pls i just wanna pay, and be sure that i done everything to be rigth there at the SA start, i eaven dont matter when its released (eaven when i got to wait for it to the end of the year).

In Rocket we trust

fArmen^^

Greetings from Norway and keep up the good work on the standalone guys. But i have a question for u guys. Is there coming any updates and news on the Mod soon?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask (move this post if necessary) but does anyone know if the standalone will support the use of joysticks?

This would be helpfull with flying if the handling is as punishing as take on helicopters.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask (move this post if necessary) but does anyone know if the standalone will support the use of joysticks?

This would be helpfull with flying if the handling is as punishing as take on helicopters.

I would definately say that it would mate, the mod supports joysticks (aka Arma 2) so the SA will do to.

It does really.. Look at the Crysis franchise. Completely destroyed after Crytek decided to cash in and develop for consoles. The first game was a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Im slightly against releasing it on consoles, i understand that more money means better development, but imagine all the new annoying kids coming onto the forums whining about problems there having? That already happens now, i can't imagine how bad it will get once it goes on consoles.

• Like 1

Also, you'll need like (over exaggerated) 30 different buttons to play it...

Also, you'll need like (over exaggerated) 30 different buttons to play it...

come on its more like 29 buttons.

Yes, look at skyrim and its ugly clumsy interface made for two-fingered console dopes.

The biggest problem of cross-platform games - devs have to dumb them down to make them playable on the console. And what is worse they sometimes design them for consoles first and then port them to the PC (skyrim again) which makes them even worse. This and fucking release delay for PC in favor of consoles, this is just bullshit.

Also, I don't want the devs to water down the development to spread their time on different platforms. EA or Ubisoft can do it as far as they have ton of people to work and they are business-oriented companies, so leave it to them.

• Like 2

a console release has no effect on the release time on the game if it gets released on what ever console it wont be till the next gens come along and a dumbed down game for console wont effect the pc version anyhows so again .....

The closest option to a controller capable of doing the job is the Razer sabertooth, I believe. It has all the xbox buttons, plus 6 extra programmable buttons on the back.

I don't own an xbox, but I read it recently and thought it fit this discussion.

http://kotaku.com/59...e-kotaku-review

But if you consider buying it, better read some opinions online. Looks like it has pretty bad building quality and most of them break within a month of use.

Edited by Guest

if DayZ is ported for console kids we will maybe get autohealth and unlimited ammo...wohooooo :P

You forgot aim assist, blergh...

And QTE's.

Edited by WiFiN

The closest option to a controller capable of doing the job is the Razer sabertooth, I believe. It has all the xbox buttons, plus 6 extra programmable buttons on the back.

I don't own an xbox, but I read it recently and thought it fit this discussion.

http://kotaku.com/59...e-kotaku-review

But if you consider buying it, better read some opinions online. Looks like it has pretty bad building quality and most of them break within a month of use.

I use a regular Xbox controller to play Day Z... if I could map the lean keys, freelook, and the inventory key, with maybe one or two others to the five or so un-used buttons on my controller. I'd be 100%. The controls and interfaces are far simpler than they appear. It doesn't require any more buttons than are available on a regular controller.

Edited by Katana67

the game is being developed for the PC without consoles in mind. any 'console port' would be handled after the fact (like the first Crysis)

It does really.. Look at the Crysis franchise. Completely destroyed after Crytek decided to cash in and develop for consoles. The first game was a masterpiece.

the first game was buggy (I love the game, but I can't call it a "masterpiece" when it has missions that don't work right, and they never managed to fix them either). and it was eventually ported to the consoles. they had to gimp the fuck out of it by removing trees and such

Do anyone know if there is any release date yet? =)

Edited by DmeR86

Do anyone know if there is any release date yet? =)

no release date yet

I use a regular Xbox controller to play Day Z... if I could map the lean keys, freelook, and the inventory key, with maybe one or two others to the five or so un-used buttons on my controller. I'd be 100%. The controls and interfaces are far simpler than they appear. It doesn't require any more buttons than are available on a regular controller.

I also use the Xbox controller to play dayz, but I use xpadder so I have more than enough buttons to use all the functions as u can overlap keys and what not.