rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Actually I dont care, I wont be playing it!!!

You should. The consolisation of DayZ, specifically the development team, could have disastrous consequences. It is irrelevant if you won't be playing it on that platform.

Not to sound like a PC elitist. I am just sick of my favorite games being dumbed down and simplified.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. They didn't factor in the fact of being an American on the weekday. It's like we're not the center of the world or something.

on my map the wales is

And here I thought the center of the world was a nickel–iron alloy. Apparently it's Wales.

• Like 2

Q: How do we get to be one of the testers?

A: Those who are testing will get the game for free, and never have to pay for future versions. Their job will be tough. We're starting by rewarding the forum moderators, reddit moderators, dayz mod development and community support team, etc...

Woah now, after initial purchase, there will be pay-for-updates?

Edited by newb

2 best things to take away from that interview is the zombies sound f*cking terrifying and the new loot spawning system sounds excellent :)

Please don't tell me Cherno is destroyed as that is what it looks like from two pics I've seen now....

I was hoping for more cities, not less :\ They're where the fun is at, the wilderness is boring. The map always needed a city off the cost around the middle of the map to encourage people to spread out more.

One of the screen shots shows a new industrial area north of Kamenka. It is very far away though

QUESTION ROCKET

You stated that there will be a closed testing for the standalone.

Does the closed testing have a estimated date of end - for example... there are in general a few reasons for closed testing.

1) Closed testing is performed to gain the over all opinion of others for balance, and adjustments reasons.

2) Closed testing is performed to correct core game mechanics errors/foundation fixes.

3) Closed testing is performed for performance gauges of actual live connections in relation to stress testing .

3) Closed testing is performed for final tweaks, and is going to be put out for general public soon.

I was just wondering if DayZ SA falls into a category at this point for testing, or if it falls under some, if not all?

Not asking for a release date - just wondering about the status of the SA at this point honestly, can also give a rough idea for someone in panic mode like myself.

Thanks.

That all sounds really fantastic, the biggest thing being the inventory. It was kind of a confusing nightmare and still proves to be problematic, but to hear it being rebuilt and to have loot look more like loot and less just piles on the floor really has me excited and that wasn't even all that was brought up! I'm really looking forward to playing this!

tumblr_mg9f2js9xp1rd90z0o13_r1_500.jpg

I see Green Mountain!!!

Be careful not to stare too long at Green Mountain lest Green Mountain stares back at you.

• Like 3

Woah now, after initial purchase, there will be pay-for-updates?

No - what this might mean is the closed alpha testers get the game free, while everyone else will pay a one off $24 / 18 Euros when it is released publicly.

I haven't heard anything officially.

Be careful not to stare too long at Green Mountain lest Green Mountain stares back at you.

*Shudders* I see it in my dreams....Its terrifying...

People(not me) are starting to lose interest, and with the mod basically dead(which i can understand considering the majority of the focus is on the SA) people are leaving the Dayz scene, even with the great modding community.

Where did you come across this information? Im curious that's all. The DayZ that I see these days is thriving, new players are joining the survival every day, old players are returning to the mod, modders and modding the mod itself, other mods are being released inspiried by DayZ.

I just dont see the dead you're seeing. Have you explored the other maps and modified servers on offer? I implore you, please do. Arma 2:CO has been in the steam top sellers consistently since the mod has been released. Surely that is sign enough.

The delay on this standalone release just hypes the game even more so. Ive never been so excited for a games release that is just around the corner yet I have no idea when it's going public. Its a new sensation that Im quite fond of.

No - what this might mean is the closed alpha testers get the game free, while everyone else will pay a one off $24 / 18 Euros when it is released publicly.

I think they might be quietly eluding to some sort of DLC or even a sequel, or it could just be in relation to the console ports they have in mind. Who knows!

Edited by pmjkerr

I'm about to lose control!

And I think I like it!

Not asking for a release date - just wondering about the status of the SA at this point honestly, can also give a rough idea for someone in panic mode like myself.

It's unlikely that we will get a release date, it's more likely that it will be "HERE GUYS, ENJOY!" or "First batch of keys available tomorrow". It should be soon though because its highly likely with so many closed testers that information will (unfortuanely) leak. You wouldn't risk a leak if you weren't close to a release.

what is that you say? I can't hear you because of this horrible ringing in my ears, as if something is trying to take over my brain...

I didn't know they added grgfegs vdfmn *babbles non sense while mind is taken over, and then slowly fades*

I cannot wait for the stand alone, screenshots are looking great. Hope that even with the improved graphics there will be improved performance. For the closed beta or whatever of the stand alone will people be allowed to upload videos of it? If I'm not going to be able to play the game I at least want to be able to drool over gameplay :L

How about showing some love to the forum regulars? For example anyone with over 500 posts or even (checks profile) over 300 beans gets into the test?

:)

• Like 2

How about showing some love to the forum regulars? For example anyone with over 500 posts or even (checks profile) over 300 beans gets into the test?

i agree, i think firstly mods and dedicateds should be the first

this does not include me and i'm fine with that

I heard that people with exactly 119 beans are given access to the beta.

• Like 3

24$?! Is that like confirmed or are you just guessing? IMHO Anything over 15$ seems to much for a buggy Alpha

*Hugs rocket with tears in his eyes and whispers the two words"

"Thank you"

24$?! Is that like confirmed or are you just guessing? IMHO Anything over 15$ seems to much for a buggy Alpha

You realize that you are going to buy the full game with alpha access right?

Some people paid much more for certain "game" within last few months.. I think 24usd is fair enough.

Some people will bitch even if was free and it had bugs.

Edited by Zeppa