rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

No, No you misread him, he want's to include children so players can choose to play as them, this was the only way players could avoid being killed by other players.and zeds and Moaning about it. Violence to kids in game offers other more structured ways of playing and will allow players to roam freely around the maps with no fear of death.

Children will be severly limited with weight loads and are excluded from carrying weapons, they are in essence reliable on Other adult players for protection. but they can't die in the Dayz game (regional legal blah blah)

Wonder if this means PS3 as well?

I hope so I hate xbox lol

Edited by ghost2187

Very nice.

Though the picture shows that the loot classes need working upon. Spawning a hatchet on a table is a bit stupid.

In regards to SA, when I find camps I won't loot them anymore. I'm going to use mo-capped shitting animations, and take a massive one all over the camp sites in every server I visit... And maybe target one at their water supply before leaving.

• Like 5

In regards to SA, when I find camps I won't loot them anymore. I'm going to use mo-capped shitting animations, and take a massive one all over the camp sites in every server I visit... And maybe target one at their water supply before leaving.

guess I will use beartraps from now on ....

• Like 5

you guys gave me the ultimate laugh today!

here, take my beans!

Edit: infact you guys just gave me an awsome text to use as a signature...

Edited by Wep0n
  • Like 1

Bear traps will just enrage me... And I will make sure to eat a few more beans to obliterate your camp.

• Like 2

Bear traps will just enrage me... And I will make sure to eat a few more beans to obliterate your camp.

I smell a shitstorm!

I have a question... will we be able to actually jump in SA?

Have you guys have information on jumping on Arma III as well? I've watched the video where they show animations but no jump to be seen. How can you simulate irl army scenarios without being able to jump?

I agree that this is not something of large importance, but to me is just sad that our characters are "glued" to the ground. I've never been to the army, and never carried loads of weapons on my back, but I agree that if you have a full backpack you may not be able to lift both feet of the ground due to the weight you're carrying. But what about the naked character? He should be able to jump!

To me, in gaming, jump means a great deal of freedom. I can climb on rocks, or vehicles, on lying players.

Another doubt is, will we be able to move objects, even if by bumping into them?

Those screenshots with lots of chairs makes me think that it would be sad if they are "glued" to the ground (like in the mod). I know that it can be too hard to manage all the dynamic entities on a server, but Minecraft does this well, and they already said to be using minecraft as reference on the server/client architecture.

Edit: And being able to move the chairs could lead to cool scenarios where some guys are trapped inside the restaurant, being shot by bandits, and they barricade the doors with tables and chairs and flower pots (according to the screenshots).

Edited by Guest

RE: jumping, I doubt it. Nothing worse than watching players bunny-hopping all over the place COD stylee to avoid getting shot. I may be wrong though.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 5

RE: jumping, I doubt it. Nothing worse than watching players bunny-hopping all over the place COD stylee to avoid getting shot.

But let's say you are naked (lightweighted) and someone is shooting at you (or your feet).... wouldn't be jumping an alternative to avoiding getting shot?

I agree that bunny hopping is bad, and it is irreal, but it can easily be fixed by fatiguing the player after the first jump.

Now, preventing any kind of jump because of bunny hop is not right IMO.

That's why we have

Lol at the video. Yeah but can you get up on a car to run away from zombies using the whisper kick? Isn't that something you would do?

Edited by Guest

I have a question... will we be able to actually jump in SA?

Have you guys have information on jumping on Arma III as well? I've watched the video where they show animations but no jump to be seen. How can you simulate irl army scenarios without being able to jump?

I agree that this is not something of large importance, but to me is just sad that our characters are "glued" to the ground. I've never been to the army, and never carried loads of weapons on my back, but I agree that if you have a full backpack you may not be able to lift both feet of the ground due to the weight you're carrying. But what about the naked character? He should be able to jump!

To me, in gaming, jump means a great deal of freedom. I can climb on rocks, or vehicles, on lying players.

I think having a vault/climb mechanic is more realistic then 'jumping'

• Like 2

Theres a few good mods for Arma (SMK is a good one) that allow climbing over walls and much more dynamic movement in general, I'd like to see something more like that than bunny-hopping. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vklOq6KFQy4

A little over complicated because it's a mod but you get the idea.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 8

Anyway, I don't want to derail the topic. That's just a couple questions I had (with hopes of being implemented).

News is always good news and it was a real gem to read this.

Way to go Kiwis!

Edited by drakesummers

I'm going to make a GUESS that the VERY FIRST alpha will be early march, or april.

i heard it starts next week.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Heli controls potentially being ported in from TOH yet, I thought many would find that controversial because it'll make life much harder in terms of flying. I love the idea though. Thoughts?

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

But let's say you are naked (lightweighted) and someone is shooting at you (or your feet).... wouldn't be jumping an alternative to avoiding getting shot?

I agree that bunny hopping is bad, and it is irreal, but it can easily be fixed by fatiguing the player after the first jump.

Now, preventing any kind of jump because of bunny hop is not right IMO.

Lol at the video. Yeah but can you get up on a car to run away from zombies using the whisper kick? Isn't that something you would do?

I don't think jumping around naked to avoid bullets really works...besides, you should be running behind cover, not river dancing to avoid getting shot in the legs.

• Like 1

Walking Dead got away with killing a child zombie. Head shot even. Wasn't that big a deal.

EDIT: That was before the shooting I guess.

and yes. PLEASE NO BUNNY HOPPING!!!!

Edited by NoyZ

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Heli controls potentially being ported in from TOH yet, I thought many would find that controversial because it'll make life much harder in terms of flying. I love the idea though. Thoughts?

Making the helicopters more difficult to fly will be a plus in my opinion. Not every schmuck is able to fly a helicopter is real life, so that provides additional incentives to team up with / kidnap players who are capable of flying them.

• Like 3

Just want to clear something up

Rocket did say that the closed testing will start any day now, From what i gather this foundation test is ultimately testing stability on a larger player base

if the build is stable with max players on the servers, they will be releasing public testing