rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

This is excellent news.

Im happy to pay for the game at whatever price point (within reason, im not gonna pay like £60 for it) as Rocket has already stated that microtransactions are not going to be in the game and that was my only concern.

I'll jump on the bandwagon here and point out that i would love to be a tester whenever i am required :)

It should be soon though because its highly likely with so many closed testers that information will (unfortuanely) leak.

I wouldn't be sure. We've had to sign Non-Disclosure Acts with Bohemia Interactive to allow us to get involved with the testing. Whether that would have a legal repercussion, I'm not sure.

I'd like to think the majority of the testers would withhold the real confidential stuff out of respect for the development team, but as has been said previously, streaming will be allowed so I'm not sure if the NDA is null and void now, seeing as everyone will be able to see the testing we carry out.

Today I load up DayZ Standalone. FPS is stable... world looks good... zombies chasing me indoors... #lifeIsGood
  • Like 12

Oh man.. these screens look so good. Can't wait to try this out, although just my mentality will not let me get amped seeing how I've done that in the past only to be super disappointed with the droves of bad games that have come and gone.

If nobody's seen them, go here:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/39933141266/where-is-the-standalone-release-i-suppose-i

I don't know why, but seeing the characters in different clothes impressed me more than anything I've seen so far. It's really starting to look like it's own game now, I cannot wait. That last shot of the guy in the hoody and jeans looks awesome, he actually looks badass. I like those jeans he's wearing, give me a pair!

Cannot wait until it comes out, I'm really excited. Hopefully it's much more optimized than the DayZ mod, I'm sick of getting 30fps in Cherno. (My PC's not bad by any means)

If nobody's seen them, go here:

http://dayzdev.tumbl...ase-i-suppose-i

I don't know why, but seeing the characters in different clothes impressed me more than anything I've seen so far. It's really starting to look like it's own game now, I cannot wait. That last shot of the guy in the hoody and jeans looks awesome, he actually looks badass. I like those jeans he's wearing, give me a pair!

Cannot wait until it comes out, I'm really excited. Hopefully it's much more optimized than the DayZ mod, I'm sick of getting 30fps in Cherno. (My PC's not bad by any means)

I don't have an amazing PC and I get around 60 in cherno on a busy day. I've just optimized my PC for maximum potential. I use Black Vipers service tweaks, Tune-Up Utilities Turbo mode and Razer GameBooster (formerly IObit GameBooster) and make sure nothing else is running that I don't need.

What sort of Black Viper service tweaks did you use? Does Tune-Up Utilities Turbo mode and Razer GameBooster actually make much difference?

Dear Rocket,

Thank you for the kind update - whilst I am looking forward to the testing phase, and the release of the final product, I do have a question I feel needs asking on behalf of the pacifist community.

Are there any plans to implement non-violent solutions to conflict? ie. Can we equip teacups and saucers to talk out our problems with bandits, or can we implement our own charity drives in-game to help the victims of the virus?

I look forward to your reply,

Kind regards,

mzltv.

• Like 2

Looking good, finally The WarZ will have some real competition.

looks amazing, keep up your good work.

everything that bugged me is beiing worked on. and im also happy that the textures got/will get dirtier or more post-apocalyptic

Looking good, finally The WarZ will have some real competition.

gooby pls, WarZ was never and will never be in any state of development a competition for DayZ

I posted the news in some German forums and now all are quite and say it´s nice and they can wait.

Thanks rocket, that is all i wanted to hear, now I can understand the whole situation and nobody can say anything negativ.

Bean party 4 all :beans: :beans: :beans:

I wouldn't be sure. We've had to sign Non-Disclosure Acts with Bohemia Interactive to allow us to get involved with the testing. Whether that would have a legal repercussion, I'm not sure.

I'd like to think the majority of the testers would withhold the real confidential stuff out of respect for the development team, but as has been said previously, streaming will be allowed so I'm not sure if the NDA is null and void now, seeing as everyone will be able to see the testing we carry out.

Hopefully respect will be enough. I think it would be unlikely that BI would chase anyone down for breaching the NDA; the litigation would be more costly than any damages they could recover... :(

..the litigation would be more costly than any damages they could recover... :(

I'd literally only be able to offer an half-full carton of Orange Juice and a few pubes.

edit; and maybe about 82p in change.

Edited by mzltv

Then NDA is that we get people to sign something, so they don't release assets etc.

• Like 2

ah so basically just a legal formality...

sounds good man hell i'd sign 1000 of them to play.

ah so basically just a legal formality...

sounds good man hell i'd sign 1000 of them to play.

The strictest tests I been involved with made us take photographs of our ids and sign like three documents of NDA.

I have been betatesting games since mid 90's and I peronaly think that security has worsened.

Is that female character the player's choice character?

If, so, why are the clothes lighter than the male character's clothes?

In the interest of fairness and equality, sureley the clothes should be of the same type, becase those female clothes are way too light and will be easy to spot in the dark surroundings of Chernarus.

Something for you to consider before release I think.

Alpha is alpha. Nothing has to be finished or final, and the closed alpha testers will make sure that the game is at least playable before it's released.

Personally I can't wait for it to come on Steam. Hopefully I'll get a bunch of my friends to buy it and group up with!