rocket

A not-announcement announcement for the forums!

419573_545050008858187_1596841213_n.jpg

I don't know have many guys in this forum even seen this banner.

And when looking some of the comments, it looks like some don't understand that the first release is alpha. That means it might take long before the proper v1.0.

I didn't need this update but here are so impatient people that I understand that you have to make this to stop the flooding in forums :P

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

best to you and work in your own pace,

key to survival is not to get stuck in the crowd and not to dwell alone when you need company

when you think it is ready for release, we will be here to receive

in the meanwhile have some cooked meat, i got my belly full of beans....

Take your time, do it right. I don't even want to imagine, how much work you've got at the moment.

Infact, we are still having new maps AND updates. I don't know, why we should complain. You've got enough to do with SA, and the community updates are good.

Also hope you had a nice holiday, while it lasted.

Not to sound i attack you Rocket but you sound like a crybaby now. Seriously did that Warz stuff really get to you that bad? But hopefully you learned from this that the spotlight isn't great and that Dayz needs a better marketing team. A team that does do the announcements, and does handle the issues at hand. So that you do not have too.

But still hoping for a good outcome, bored as hell right now and wish i could lay my hands on Dayz:SA. Cause well there are so many things we want to know. Wich a marketing team should handle,

My foremost item i wish to know is: System requirements

Edited by Onaturi

Not to sound i attack you Rocket but you sound like a crybaby now. Seriously did that Warz stuff really get to you that bad? But hopefully you learned from this that the spotlight isn't great and that Dayz needs a better marketing team

Yo dude, people react different to different things, that is what makes us humans and not a machine

You have no clue on HOW the WarZ-circus got on a personal level with Dean.

• Like 2

Hey - NICE TO KNOW YOUR ALIVE AND NOT DEAD IN A DITCH...

Thanks for the late December update... :D

Yes, I'm joshin' ya.

Are you people seriously satisfied with that?! A complete brakedown of communication after promised updates, missing the 'it has to be done by then' release, complete silence for all this time and what we get is basically a whiny "hi guise im still here and were working on it, oh btw sorry for the silence oops my bad cant bother to explain lets not dwell"?

How about some actual solid info on the game instead of how hard its been personally (i can sympathise, all jobs can get stressful but we have heard this before)?

How bout a projected release date? A realistic one this time?

Atleast a status update of the game.. something more than "its going good, were working on it"

After a wait this long i think just a 'sorry my bad' and a vague post with zero info just doesnt cut it, no matter who may feel insulted by this.

• Like 3

Hey Rocket what you need is someone to tactfully and with diplomacy respond to all the repeated comments you recieve. I would be happy to fulfill this position for you. I believe my post history proves I am the right guy for the job! Some examples you ask? Sure!

"We've decided to release it in every country but yours tomorrow... you'll have to wait until the 30th of February!"

"As soon as I am done with hiding these dead hookers!"

"When will what be released? Duuuuuude look at all the pretty colors!"

Seriously tho I am in no hurry, I'll amuse myself here mocking the Cult of Baby Blues. I know it'll be done when it is done. Hope your holiday was good and everyone in your whole famn damily was filled with holiday cheer.

Don't forget Rocket, I am the man for that job, so if you need my services just let me know!

*edit*

To the guy above me, really? He just gave us a brief update, but no thats not good enough for you is it. Nope all that matters is you get your game NOW! So he hasn't been able to keep in personal touch with you about everytime he takes a poop or goes pee pee like a big boy! FFS you self entitled little pricks are 1/2 the stress he is feeling. Give the man room to breath and get this right. It'll be done when it is done, He'll tell you what he tells you, and the status of the damn game is it is in progress! Happy now snowflake?

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 4

Are you people seriously satisfied with that?! A complete brakedown of communication after promised updates, missing the 'it has to be done by then' release, complete silence for all this time and what we get is basically a whiny "hi guise im still here and were working on it, oh btw sorry for the silence oops my bad cant bother to explain lets not dwell"?

How about some actual solid info on the game instead of how hard its been personally (i can sympathise, all jobs can get stressful but we have heard this before)?

Atleast a status update of the game.. something more than "its going good, were working on it"

After a wait this long i think just a 'sorry my bad' and a vague post with zero info just doesnt cut it, no matter who may feel insulted by this.

32895440.jpg (brace yourself picture) Edited by MOS182
  • Like 1

This is False. Rocket has been 'replaced' by the CIA. Just like Paul McCartney in 1966. We know it, buddy.

jk welcome back.

i guess we can now call you Team Rocket ! and your blasting of again ? bad joke ...

Looks like you'll have to wait then doesn't it.

• Like 3

Great first post. In case you missed it, I am having the Baconator for lunch.

• Like 2

By "this long" I assume you're referring to 4:36 PM today, when you joined this forum.

• Like 3

See thing is (atleast in my eyes) alot of people dont or shouldnt give a rat's ass about rocket personally. He is in a business now, the business is selling his game. We are the customers, most if not all of us here will eventually be throwing money his way, alot of money. I dont need to know how his vacation went, how stressed he is or what's been going on with his personal life - because its just that - his personal life. And any and all issues he was having will be more than repaid once the profits start raining on him.

What i would like is him doing his job and keeping his word on updates, release info on the product, stuff that every other developer out there is doing for their own game. If all this has proven too much for him to do on his own- hire a PR guy to do it for you. But it has to be done else your business start to suffer. Im sure im not the only one who is slowly starting to loose interest.

Also who cares when i joined, ive been reading the forum for months now - im just annoyed enough to post for the first time now. Flame me all you want i just feel this has to be said especially with all this sucking up going on.

Edited by Preathor
  • Like 6

See thing is (atleast in my eyes) alot of people dont or shouldnt give a rat's ass about rocket personally. He is in a business now, the business is selling his game. We are the customers, most if not all of us here will eventually be throwing money his way, alot of money. I dont need to know how his vacation went, how stressed he is or what's been going on with his personal life - because its just that - his personal life. And any and all issues he was having will be more than repaid once the profits start raining on him.

What i would like is him doing his job and keeping his word on updates, release info on the product, stuff that every other developer out there is doing for their own game. If all this has proven too much for him to do on his own- hire a PR guy to do it for you. But it has to be done else your business start to suffer. Im sure im not the only one who is slowly starting to loose interest.

k3lt i assume?

• Like 2

Im pritty sure im not k3lt.

I am also pritty sure that it was an extremley bad move on Rockets part to not distance himself from the fanbase and instead obviously taking on too much responsibility with trying to keep us all up to date on his project. He should have left the PR work to someone who knows PR and instead focus on the SA. With the way this played out (or still is) all he got is lot of bad rep.

As i said - DayZ is now a real game in the making by a proffesional company. It should be handeled as such, if that meant Rocket taking a step back from his fanbase and letting someone else in on the PR department things would of been different.

Flame away, call me all the names you wish but as long as DayZ was a mod i wouldnt care for these kinds of brakedowns in comms, but as i am going to be paying for something i expect some degree of proffesionality about it. Dont we all?

• Like 1

I can't flame or hate anyone thats upset about how this whole flow of information went. Rocket was in the service as a Officer - he knew the back-lash of no information being put out. To shun people stating their opinion on how upsetting it can be, or to call someone self entitled for it - is simply acting like WarZ... I understand hes got a lot on his plate, and that he wants a very well completed project but hes also still loosing ignorant (in the form that they do not search the web for updates every day... they simply see WarZ on youtube after watching massive DayZ videos, and go running) customers, every day, to WarZ ;(

Yes, people are still downloading WarZ thinking its DayZ, they do a impulse buy rather then research - now with that said, if proper information was PUT OUT ON ROCKETS PART, a lot of this would be stopped, because people would be able to see that DayZ has not released yet...

But since shady updates, and vague release notes are noted in each of his announcements - its making it all the more easier for WarZ to do its dirty little deeds.