rocket

A not-announcement announcement for the forums!

Heck, nice going rocket! I myself wouldnt really care if it is released in june/july time as long as its of a high quality. I mean, we have a mod that is being worked on by individuals who are bringing out great content even for that.

Good to hear some news, been awefully quiet.

Anyhow, I do have to say that I am displeased regards to the release JUST because I'm joining up the army in like 2 weeks so I won't get to try it ! :(

So instead of chilling behind a computer at home with DayZ SA, I'll have my head foot-deep in dirt along the Norwegian/Russian border.. FML

On the other hand, it's only good that it takes time to get a release. Proper games, without that many bugs and what-not, will require time.

Keep up the awesome work and thank you to the whole of Rocket's team and everyone involved!

Rocket? Who the fuck is Rocket?

Thanks for the news Dean.

Edited by opethZ
  • Like 1

^^^blast from the past. Where have you been hiding? I miss hearing what you've had for dinner.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Glorious release rocket shall lead us to the great zombie land of the day z standalone we will fight them as he and bohemia many others bring top quality entertaiment

^^^blast from the past. Where have you been hiding? I miss hearing what you've had for dinner.

Thanks buddy! Im still reading and I been checking the forums but real life set it for a bit.

New Job, Kids and crazy, WIfe with breast cancer and chemo. Ya know... Real life stuff.

Im having the baconator for luch today. =)

Nice one, sorry to hear about the missus, good luck and enjoy the baconator.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Im having the baconator for luch today. =)

I don't know what that is, but I want some.

L

• Like 1

Greetings from Czech Republic Rocket, keep up the good work :)

And p*ss on War Z, just another commercial sh*t...

So there are people out there that know who Rocket is, but don't know the difference between DayZ and War Z? The mind boggles.

Anyway, take your time with the Standalone, I'd rather wait for a better game.

• Like 1

Thanks for news, but now i waiting to see if you give regularly news of the development for being happy.

And for the game's developpement, take your time and good luck !

These things take time.

I'm willing to wait until the actual release, polish, and actual workings are done. Now what to do about the Mod...

Happy to hear that everyone is doing well!

This are the best news in terms of DayZ ive heard for a loong time.

to be honest, i was worried about the standalone being released in december, which seemed way too rushed.

better take some time to make a good quality engine, which is going to lay the foundation for future updates.

The dayZ team got my upmost respect.

Thanks for the update/info/news Rocket.

As already mentioned, most people here are more then willing to wait for the game to be released...when you feel it is in the state you are happy with obviously.

I personally would rather have the game in a better state at release, as opposed to rushing it out and it's blatantly not ready.

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year, and have had time to "recharge your batteries" by seeing family & friends.

2013 is going to be a good year, i can feel it.

So there are people out there that know who Rocket is, but don't know the difference between DayZ and War Z? The mind boggles.

He was getting death threats from people demanding WarZ refunds a few months ago, can only imagine what it's been like recently with all the drama surrounding it.

Edited by smasht_AU

Great post Rocket, continue the development and don't look to WarZ, DayZ is much much better, and I'm not saying this because I'm a DayZ fanboy, I'm saying this because I've played both: this game when released completly (like Minecraft, adding updates) on 2014 or 2013 like you said, It has a big chance to win the Best Game of Year, and take a look yourself, you´re a indie developer, you are making a awesome game!

So, now, I hope you arrive on Czech Republic soon to prepare for the comunnity this game and the release date! Good fly!

Yes, very watery. I think the next post from him will be more like a strawberry milkshake or at least a nice cup of tea.

You know Rocket's milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard...

/topic

Good not-announcement to bring my spirits up after many weeks of nothing. Hope you had a good holiday break Rocket!

Thank you for the update, I'd rather wait a while and get a quality product than get a rushed product.

Thank you for all

He was getting death threats from people demanding WarZ refunds and this months before all the recent drama, can only imagine now.

You'd think that these people would check to see if they have the right person first eh, before threatening their life.

You've got to laugh at moronic people throwing death threats out over a computer game, especially when they can't even vent their venom\hate\idiocy at the right person.

Edited by GeordieMarv

That sure was a long winded way of saying nothing. I get that you don't want to get ahead of yourself here, but as the window you provided us with has passed without a word, it might be nice to get some sort of idea. 2013, sure, that sounds great. But are we looking at the next few months? Maybe longer? Even an answer that isn't really definitive would be nice by now. I love the mod, but as time passes with zero notification, I'm getting less excited for standalone, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Especially given the state of the mod, and the fact that chernarus (even if it is modified/improved) can only contain so much fun.

• Like 2

He speaks! Thank gosh. Looking forward to future updates!

Take your time. The last thing we want is another Mass Effect 3 type fiasco. Take as much time as you need to create a quality product. Im sure that we would all rather wait an extra 6 months and get something amazing than get it tomorrow and say "its too bad they didnt do X".

Edited by Talibambi