rocket

A not-announcement announcement for the forums!

Understand, he most likely isn't at liberty to say much at all, hence him not saying much at all. There are legalities involved i'm sure, and he has to watch what kind of info he divulges...

Yeah just asking right?,,,,,,,, troll.

Your name fits you perfectly.

@Topic.

At least he came back and he's already out and about and making announcements such as this. I'd say we just support and trust him as we all know we can deliver.

I'm still hoping for a 2012 release

Same man. Can always hope. :|

God damn some whiny bitch kids play this game... chill the fuck out, go watch some cartoons and play other games for a while, this isn't Duke Nukem Forever for fuck's sake.

• Like 1

God damn some whiny bitch kids play this game... chill the fuck out, go watch some cartoons and play other games for a while, this isn't Duke Nukem Forever for fuck's sake.

Nobody is saying it is. Plus, what better way to prepare for the standalone by playing the mod?

Oh god, I was afraid another game I'm really excited about was going to be put down like any other promising game I think have a great concept. Not this time, keep it up :D

I have a short temper and a low BS tolerance treshold and im not above it to admit it. I will not lower myself to slinging around insults but some of you need a reality check. Comparing Rocket to Gabe? Rocket is a mod designer whos idea got picked up and is given a chance to make an actual game of it. Gabe has multiple titles that have sold millions of copies uder his belt.

The point beeing - Blizz, Valve and the like can afford to say "when its ready".. They are allready known for beeing able to deliver on most of their promises. Rocket here does not have the luxury to do so. He has not proven anything but his enthusiasm in making a game no one tried to make yet (atleast not in this shape or form, there have been zombie survival games before this). What about the mod i hear you say? Well its a great proof of concept. But as it stands its still buggy, hacker infested, full of abusive private server owners. Not all that great as some set it out to be.

And to add.. none of us "whiny bitch kids" or trolls or whatever you want to call us demand anything but what was promised. I DO NOT NEED A RELEASE DATE.. i have the patience to wait for the game, however - i do want an update on the actual game instead of Rockets personal status. I am here for the game not Rocket, i dont care how he is, if he was not able to stand the pressures of what this SA has brought him he could have done the right thing, hire a PR guy, let him deal with handing out info as it is ready to be handed out.

As the mods keep kindly reminding me, i have stated this several times now, and still there are people trying to insult and beat down anyone not going with the flow and praising Rocket on his return while a week ago still they were all in the now locked standalone discussion thread yelping for an update. He abandoned the comunity, comes back with a "i dont feel like getting into it" and its all good now?

• Like 6

The point beeing - Blizz, Valve and the like can afford to say "when its ready".. They are allready known for beeing able to deliver on most of their promises. Rocket here does not have the luxury to do so.

Does not have the luxury to do so? What the hell are you talking about?

And to add.. none of us "whiny bitch kids" or trolls or whatever you want to call us demand anything but what was promised.

Oh no! The SA is late! The Mayans were right!

i have the patience to wait for the game, however - i do want an update on the actual game instead of Rockets personal status. I am here for the game not Rocket, i dont care how he is, if he was not able to stand the pressures of what this SA has brought him he could have done the right thing, hire a PR guy, let him deal with handing out info as it is ready to be handed out.

Here's an update on the status of the game for you - it's not finished yet. It's taking longer than expected.

As the mods keep kindly reminding me, i have stated this several times now, and still there are people trying to insult and beat down anyone not going with the flow and praising Rocket on his return while a week ago still they were all in the now locked standalone discussion thread yelping for an update. He abandoned the comunity, comes back with a "i dont feel like getting into it" and its all good now?

He abandoned the community??! Jesus Christ.

Development of the game is going on longer than promised. I wish it came out earlier myself, it would be nice to see more updates on development, artwork, screenshots, whatever.

But I don't cry into my silk pillows every night about it. Rocket doesn't owe you anything.

• Like 4

most of you sound like spoiled children that didn't get the christmas present they wanted!

He abandoned the comunity, comes back with a "i dont feel like getting into it" and its all good now?
the man is a human being, his JOB is making games. i sure some of you took time off from work for personal reasons and didn't share with others. those reasons are none of your business.

bottom line is, he is making a game, the is alot of anticipation for it. but he owes nobody here anything. you all have been enjoying his work for free, some for almost a year with no cash outlay. some here are suffering a severe case of entitlement.

most of you sound like spoiled children that didn't get the christmas present they wanted!

the man is a human being, his JOB is making games. i sure some of you took time off from work for personal reasons and didn't share with others. those reasons are none of your business.

bottom line is, he is making a game, the is alot of anticipation for it. but he owes nobody here anything. you all have been enjoying his work for free, some for almost a year with no cash outlay. some here are suffering a severe case of entitlement.

This, a thousand times over.

would I have enjoyed a december 2012 release, sure

would I have liked more updates, definitely

Simple fact is that there are many reasons why we can't have insider updates with copycat scammers on the coast.

so far the concept has been stolen, the styling has been stolen, the name for the initial release has been stolen.

Just accept that this game is currently being watched by many people for many reasons, from rival developers to financial stakeholders.

This is not an open source project, this is a development with finances at stake for BI, Rocket and his team.

is Rocket the best developer/community manager/communicator that ever lived?

Hell No! he's just a guy that had a vision for a type of game that didn't exist yet and has been fortunate enough to get it into actual development.

personally I find it more important what happens around updates and communication after the first release comes out.

Edited by Dayz_Hobbes
  • Like 2

@RooBurger, its funny how things sound different when taken ouf of context dont they?

"We are working on it and are looking forwad to it" are not updates.. its stating the obvious. Rocket ows people what he promised. Which is actual game updates, not catchphrases like "its looking good". When you promise something to someone do you not consider it an obilgation to fulfill that promise? Or do you just go back on your word because you dont owe it to anyone?

And no. He does not have the same luxury to say its done when its done as Valve or Blizz. They are accomplished developers, Rocket made a popular mod. No one mistakes Half Life with Hello Kitty island adventure - alot of people however did mistake warz for dayz. And i believe Rocket going quiet made things worse for dayz, giving it loads of bad rep on account of that rip off of a game. Instead of actually distancing Dayz from it he just went quiet and waited for it to go away.

@Diemaco, again taking things out of context with selective quoting. Read the paragraph again. Yes Rocket is a human beeing, yes it is understood he cant do everything. But he should have realised it, put someone else in charge of PR, someone who was not going to go underground for a month because he has a tummy ache from worries and instead focus on what does know - making DayZ.

Edited by Preathor

Take until next year, I don't care. Just make it good and awesome and not shit like WarZ.

Oh yeah, and some updates would be nice once in awhile, say on a regular monthly or bi monthly basis? Maybe even screenshots or a bit of video to drool over?

Other than that, don't get too stressed out so you do not have a total burn out or anything mr. rocket and team. I think you do fantastic job and love what you put out so it will be awesome to me, because you fellas do quality work!

Edited by PracticalTactical

@RooBurger, its funny how things sound different when taken ouf of context dont they?

"We are working on it and are looking forwad to it" are not updates.. its stating the obvious. Rocket ows people what he promised. Which is actual game updates, not catchphrases like "its looking good". When you promise something to someone do you not consider it an obilgation to fulfill that promise? Or do you just go back on your word because you dont owe it to anyone?

And no. He does not have the same luxury to say its done when its done as Valve or Blizz. They are accomplished developers, Rocket made a popular mod. No one mistakes Half Life with Hello Kitty island adventure - alot of people however did mistake warz for dayz. And i believe Rocket going quiet made things worse for dayz, giving it loads of bad rep on account of that rip off of a game. Instead of actually distancing Dayz from it he just went quiet and waited for it to go away.

@Diemaco, again taking things out of context with selective quoting. Read the paragraph again. Yes Rocket is a human beeing, yes it is understood he cant do everything. But he should have realised it, put someone else in charge of PR, someone who was not going to go underground for a month because he has a tummy ache from worries and instead focus on what does know - making DayZ.

I would like beautiful naked women to feed me peeled grapes while they're on a break from blowing me. But I'd probably have to pay them for it.

How much money have you given to Rocket so far?

See, when DayZ was a mod, it was free. It was and still is buggy, ridden with hackers but i have played it for months now never complaining or bothering to post here or anywhere. Because it was FREE

DayZ SA will not be free, it will cost whatever they end up asking for it. And if i want to play it (and i do) i will pay for it. And how much money have you given to Rocket?

See, when DayZ was a mod, it was free. It was and still is buggy, ridden with hackers but i have played it for months now never complaining or bothering to post here or anywhere. Because it was FREE

DayZ SA will not be free, it will cost whatever they end up asking for it. And if i want to play it (and i do) i will pay for it. And how much money have you given to Rocket?

If you pay for the game when it is released and you don't actually get the game, then you'd have something to be outraged about.

Right now, honestly, I see nothing to justify your feelings of "abandonment".

You've been given a free mod. You haven't paid for anything. Yet you feel entitled to more.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and some updates would be nice once in awhile, say on a regular monthly or bi monthly basis? Maybe even screenshots or a bit of video to drool over?

See this,Preathor? Totally different. It's a request, not a demand.

Edited by RooBurger
  • Like 2

Can you use your superior quoting skills to show me where in my posts i am actually demanding something? Where i actually want anything more than what Rocket said he would give us?

Well, this thread is just going unresolved and round in circles and becoming less about the topic and more about some of the posters. Becoming an EGO thread IMHO.

Edited by orlok
  • Like 3

Can you use your superior quoting skills to show me where in my posts i am actually demanding something? Where i actually want anything more than what Rocket said he would give us?

You're demanding that he gives you updates.

Well, this thread is just going unresolved and round in circles and becoming less about the topic and more about some of the posters. Becoming an EGO thread IMHO.

Well fuck, please ban me so I don't have to read these bitches any more.

Dean sort it and give us a good game.

The most guys arent mad "yet", but we need some more Infos, Screenshots, maybe Gameplay.

IF we wait 1 Months the most Guys going to forget the game and you are then the Duke Nukem of the Zombie Survival Genrne.

• Like 1

You're demanding that he gives you updates.

Hahaha you cant actually quote me on it so you are going to stomp your feet on the ground and insist i am demanding something? Get over it and your fanatic fan attitude, I am not pleased with how Rocket is dealing with these things and have just as much right to show it as you have a right to chant "Rocket is my savior, i must worship the ground he walks on"

• Like 1

Hahaha you cant actually quote me on it so you are going to stomp your feet on the ground and insist i am demanding something? Get over it and your fanatic fan attitude, I am not pleased with how Rocket is dealing with these things and have just as much right to show it as you have a right to chant "Rocket is my savior, i must worship the ground he walks on"

I am playing and modding games since more than 20 years now and if I have learnt something, especially as a modder, during this long time.....people like you are never pleased and will never be pleased, in fact people like you are driving talented people away from modding or developing games and people like you even can destroy entire communities....people like you do not discuss aspects of the gameplay or give any creative input...people like you prefer to count bugs or whine about bad graphics or for not being informed properly or for Rocket not using the arma 3 engine for the SA.....

this sucks so much !!

we will get no screenshots or technical details and we will have to wait longer for the SA than expected BUT we will get a proper game right from the start and not just a polished version of the mod....

if you are not pleased...complain to Sergej Titov the guy who has burnt an entire new business model (minecraft model) of game developing....

• Like 12