griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

I hate deadlines. All they do is rush you to release something no matter what the quality and if a delay is announced, it makes a lot of people disappointed. I prefer the ID software standpoint of "When it's done" rather than just releasing a shoddy build that gets a patch a week later. I don't care if I have to wait till next year as the mod is still a ton of fun. Be patient. The more TLC added to the SA the better.

@ k3lt - please don't make any more stupid reports. If you're going to make comments with literally no evidence to back them up then expect people to call you out on it.

I'm off to enjoy Xmas and so are the devs.

http://dudelol.com/oldimgs/giveafuckometer-gif.gif

Merry xmas kiddo.

Edited by k3lt

I hate deadlines. All they do is rush you to release something no matter what the quality and if a delay is announced, it makes a lot of people disappointed. I prefer the ID software standpoint of "When it's done" rather than just releasing a shoddy build that gets a patch a week later. I don't care if I have to wait till next year as the mod is still a ton of fun. Be patient. The more TLC added to the SA the better.

That may sound wise and it may be beneficial in the case of DayZ. However, without deadlines you start nitpicking and you get to the point where a 5% improvement in the game equals a 100% increase in the time spent. No investor in their right mind would allow that. If Bohemia wasn't still making huge profit on Arma II and OA, DayZ would be out by now if not within days/weeks. Time is a luxury that the development team has as a side effect of corporate greed.

I don't think gamers would appreciate a market where every single game developer worked on Valve-time. Of course Valve can push back their games all they want because they are not bound to the whims of investors.

• Like 1

Your annoying reports, pm's to mods and stupid posts would indicate that you do indeed give a f*ck more than most. Please stop it, it's boring.

I reported once, so "reports" is incorrect and once again you failed at life.

Also i already realised you're even worse than Sergey Titov mods on WarZ forums, so yeah i wont bother anymore as it's clearly waste of time.

;)

Edited by k3lt
  • Like 1

If Fraggle was a WarZ moderator, he'd have banned you three posts ago.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 4

Why the dev team of dayz wants my informations on the last twwiter update?

An educated guess would be so they can get a rough idea of which DayZ community sites to throw some nice standalone screenshots or updates at, so they can help them generate a little extra traffic on their sites.

If the SA going to be released next year then we could just wait for Arma 3. There will definitely be a DayZ mod for it.

If the SA going to be released next year then we could just wait for Arma 3. There will definitely be a DayZ mod for it.

That would defeat the point of moving to a standalone game.

Edited by smasht_AU

Yep, and DayZ SA will come before A3, one could just about guarantee it.

sorry folks, didnt realise link in announcement thread to this thread was broken.

Fixed now,

Interesting

No one even fake laughed at his "powerpoint presentation" joke. What a bunch of fucking dicks.

I reported once, so "reports" is incorrect and once again you failed at life.

Also i already realised you're even worse than Sergey Titov mods on WarZ forums, so yeah i wont bother anymore as it's clearly waste of time.

;)

this kid only posts in "memes". internet generation for you.

I think that tomorrow 25 rocket will update us with some nice screenshots and may be a video

pretty sure it's already christmas in NZ...maybe a new year's surprise then?

Well...

Edited by DopeR
  • Like 8

Defeat the point for who?

Not your average gamer, that's for sure. Someone is going to release a dayz-like mod for arma III, and I will certainly try it.

Not your average gamer, that's for sure. Someone is going to release a dayz-like mod for arma III, and I will certainly try it.

Still be a mod, not a game. This kind of affirmation only discourages producers of Stand Alone. This Christmas, Santa Claus could distribute gifts to people who are needing a brain. :huh:

There will almost certainly be some sort of DayZ mod for Arma3, complete with all of the issues that has plagued this one since it started. It'll be fun too I'm sure, but still a mod.

• Like 4