griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

You...posted that on Reddit when you said you didn't want that on Reddit?

mindblown.gif

lol...I want people to see it, but i dont want people blowing it up as "the" update...if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

Mmm~

Well I'll take whatever reason. Being in the dark is never fun; here's for hoping it's soon though!

Well the last major update was in November on the dev blog... hopefully all the silence is because he's busy getting it ready for Jan 1st :P

... I can always hope. :-)

I hope atleast somebody of the dev team could just say something, really just something. Even a yes or no would be great to the question "this year?". Would please alot of us who can't wait to join in on the SA.

Any other more detailed answers would be much appreciated but I'm not demanding anything, like I read/written/said before, better start out good. Don't rush, alot of games with alot of potential got rushed because of overlyhyped media/fans who wanted it NOW.

Said to my friends, "I'm not playing until SA, getting tired hackerscheatersbugszombiefails rocks"- but everytime I've found my self playing the mod again. Lol.

I would be upset yeah if It would be released in june or so, but by the time it's end January (if it's not released yet) I bet everybody will forget this thread and won't be so stressed out about when it's going to be released. they will forget about decemeber. It would be a good thing and a bad. you'll get alot of weight of your shoulders, but maybe less buyers.. at the start. Personally I think you guys, the dev team, shouldn't be afraid of failing, even if it does got a little bug in it the first release, what gives?! Been playing an AWESOME mod the last months, who is actually, riddled with bugs and still REALLY fun to play. Alot of my other friends who didn't want to buy ARMA for it, said "I'm waiting for the standalone" And I hearded it quite alot among not playing, but wanting TO play people. So.. nothing to worry about lads, you've got a great community supporting whatever you do!

I hope somebody just could say something or whatever, Really don't care if the game comes tommorrow or when I've grandchilderen on my lap, but some information could never harm, could it?

cheers

Edited by Kilhead2

Matt did a Q&A with the Russian community. I thought it was pretty hilarious, google translate probably didn't help.

http://dayzrussia.co...hp?threads/415/

Maybe a russian can translate it into proper english? I'm laughing like crazy thanks to the awesome oh so good working godsent, Google translate. /sarcasm

:wacko:

Yeah the translation is bad.. probaly meant : IS rocket lying? would he be a titov v2.0 or even worse.

Thats my guess lol.

• Рокет наврал и станет Титовым v.2.0 или хуже.

Мэт Лайтфут сказал(а):

Поясните каким образом это вообще возможно? И как возможно быть хуже?

I will translate this is as good as I can.

Srr for my bad English (second language).

- Is Rocket lying and is he going to become Titov v.2.0 or worse?

- Would you like to explain how is that even possible? And how can you be worse then Titov?

Edited by alefury

Google translate FTW!

I'd love an update too, we all would. For all of our differing views we basically want the same thing, a great game to be released and some news from the devs.

It's pretty rare for Rocket to be so quiet so we have to assume he has very good reason to be and let him get on with it. His track record for communicating with us is better than most other devs I can think of. For the last 6 months at least he's been VERY open about all of the decisions they've made and it's one of the reasons people here have a lot of respect for him.

A bit of whining is to be expected so don't be too harsh on the peeps that want news right now, I agree they're not entitled to anything but the very fact they're desperate for news means they care, I'd choose that over apathy any day. One thing that has really impressed me over the last couple of weeks is how patient people are on the whole. Most of us understand the bigger goal and are happy to wait for things to be done properly. It's this patience that marks us out as one of the better gaming communities and the end result of that will be a truly great game that we can all be proud to have been a part of during it's development process.

• Like 2

A bit of whining is to be expected so don't be too harsh on the peeps that want news right now, I agree they're not entitled to anything but the very fact they're desperate for news means they care, I'd choose that over apathy any day. One thing that has really impressed me over the last couple of weeks is how patient people are on the whole. Most of us understand the bigger goal and are happy to wait for things to be done properly. It's this patience that marks us out as one of the better gaming communities and the end result of that will be a truly great game that we can all be proud to have been a part of during it's development process.

That sums it up right there. People are willing to wait for the SA to make sure it's done properly and isn't another WarZ disaster. All people are wanting are small, regular updates regarding the progress of the game and where they're at, instead of guesswork and silence for weeks/months. We can't imagine how busy Rocket is with the development/PR/travelling but a small blog post takes like what, 5 minutes?

Either way I am hopeful it's a good sign and it's out for Jan 1st :-)

:wacko:

ROFL, mine said: Rocket it and hits on shit on release. LMAOOOOOO.

• Like 1

Matt Lightfoot said (a):

October? I want to remind you that we seem to have more money for the work did not take. Now we have to make a separate game to start making money. Yes, it is much easier to simply rude vypnut ported mod without improvements, but we want people to be happy after the purchase and we want to be proud of themselves. If it takes more time - it's worth it. As Kennedy said, "We have made a choice. And we will. Not because it's easy, but because it's hard, because that goal will combine our energy and knowledge, because it is a challenge that we want to be, challenge that we will not delay, call, which will lead us to victory "

Ugh, Matt reminds me of George Broussard, an over gleaming sense of perfectionism.

Nothing new, waiting...

What episode was that in South Park? Love the video LOL

I think it is a fair call to suggest the SA release will slip because of the WarZ fiasco. Zombies havent had such a bad rap since Zombie Strippers came out.

Hopefully Rocket and the team are fully recharged after some Christmas turkey and ready to go.

• Like 1

Maybe I've got no clue what I'm talking about here, but delaying SA because of WarZ seems like a step in the wrong direction. You have over 1.4 million players who have downloaded and played DayZ since it's release, and that clearly know the difference between WarZ and DayZ - so that alone proves it won't be affected that harshly. With a playerbase in the millions It would be pretty easy to imagine that word would spread pretty quickly (as it did on original release) that this isn't WarZ and is much better. It isn't like he is releasing the retail version of the game, and alpha has been widely advertised all through the site - sure there will be people who think it's actual release but with the amount of players going around I'm pretty sure it will get set straight.

I could understand if this was his first time releasing DayZ and nobody knew anything about it, but that just isn't the case. It would be like Dice postponing Battlefield because a new CoD was released.. everybody knows what Battlefield is about, and everybody knows what CoD is about - so there is no point.

I dunno, maybe I'm just frustrated, but I don't see the logic in postponing an alpha release of an already extremely wellknown and popular mod on account of some nobodies trying to make a carbon-copy.

• Like 7

Maybe I've got no clue what I'm talking about here, but delaying SA because of WarZ seems like a step in the wrong direction. You have over 1.4 million players who have downloaded and played DayZ since it's release, and that clearly know the difference between WarZ and DayZ - so that alone proves it won't be affected that harshly. With a playerbase in the millions It would be pretty easy to imagine that word would spread pretty quickly (as it did on original release) that this isn't WarZ and is much better. It isn't like he is releasing the retail version of the game, and alpha has been widely advertised all through the site - sure there will be people who think it's actual release but with the amount of players going around I'm pretty sure it will get set straight.

I could understand if this was his first time releasing DayZ and nobody knew anything about it, but that just isn't the case. It would be like Dice postponing Battlefield because a new CoD was released.. everybody knows what Battlefield is about, and everybody knows what CoD is about - so there is no point.

I dunno, maybe I'm just frustrated, but I don't see the logic in postponing an alpha release of an already extremely wellknown and popular mod on account of some nobodies trying to make a carbon-copy.

I think you said it perfectly, and a simple 5 minute update is all that I ask. Just so I know whether to get Arma or wait for the SA.

Yea, I agree CDrive. I posted earlier saying something similar. I also think that waiting to release because of WarZ is a step in the wrong direction and DayZ should actually take advantage of WarZ failed release.

THIS. best thing I've read in a while

All this talk of the WarZ makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective. At some point, somewhere in an office, someone did a SWOT analysis for the DayZ standalone. It is a basic assessment for a product's Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. During that analysis WarZ is identified as a threat as it was obviously, to some degree, available for purchase. Now WarZ has been moved to the opportunity section because it tried to capture a market and failed. This leaves DayZ in a good position to capture that market if one simple word is put in bold print on the Steam page.. ALPHA. Not capturing this market is an irresponsible business move.

You have angry people looking to move away from one product, so you sit on your thumbs and wait until that product is fixed to sell yours? This is another opportunity that is being let go. If your game is ready, which I honestly believe it is and has been since Rocket left for NZ, your competitor fell on it's face, you have a ton of a hype in general, a dedicated player-base who will push your development budget for the next two years on release day alone, and an end of the year sale going on where you can boost sales even more but you decide not to release out of fear of a failed competition?

For the love of god, please fire whoever is handling the marketing of this release, or hire someone who realizes what kind of opportunities you are letting go.

You are not only missing out on on a great opportunity with a stumbling WarZ, but waiting for them to get it together.. You are letting at least 2 other players in this exact market get ready for their release, one of which is being backed by Microsoft. I'm pulling out my hair, not because I'm that anxious to play, but because I want your little venture here to succeed and you are too afraid to take the market.

• Like 2