griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

I would play the standalone even if the only weapon available was a makarov, game crashes every 20min and every zombie was a mike tyson.

• Like 2

1. 2+2=4

2. DayZ will go standalone when ppl stop to buy ARMA 2. Why would they kill selling of ARMA 2 with dayz standalone ?

• Like 2

Do you think the standalone feature Coca Cola, Pepsi Heinz baked beans and Mountain Dew? These brands are trade marked, should they even be in the mod?

I was also wondering that, but at the end of the day, it is product placement for the companies, so if they don't give permission, they are the ones that are losing out at the end of the day...

Actually, in a perfect world, they would be paying Rocket for product placement.

1. 2+2=4

2. DayZ will go standalone when ppl stop to buy ARMA 2. Why would they kill selling of ARMA 2 with dayz standalone ?

Because if there is a stable, much less buggy version of DayZ, with much more content, that is easy to install, update etc. they would sell a ton more copies and it would shut up the majority of the naysayers....Releasing DayS SA is WIN/WIN for Bohemia.

WE need more dayz SA updates.

The update: Bohemia is sucking cash on ArmA II Steam sale and Rocket is waiting till they have enough and then he can release SA.

Edited by k3lt

The update: Bohemia is sucking cash on ArmA II Steam sale and Rocket is waiting till they have enough and then he can release SA.

^^Know little about Bohemia Interactive.

Stop being an idiot please.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Arma 2 sale ends in about 10 hours .... so maybe we will get Dayz SA on 25th, after sale ends?

Dean “Rocket” Hall has been really pushing to get the standalone of DayZ out before the end of 2012. It was a serious attempt by the design team to get the game out there before all those other zombie apocalypse clones came flooding onto the market. Well, unfortunately, DayZ as a standalone has a little too much on the plate to hit that 2012 deadline.

Co-Optimus spotted the tumblr post by Hall, as well as an outline for all the stuff that's being tweaked, re-worked and re-designed for the standalone...

'We are still working towards a target for an initial foundation before the end of the year, but we will slip this date if needed. We will not compromise the project for the short-term gain of meeting this date,'

In many ways, once this phase is completed — one could effectively say that DayZ is running on a new version of the engine. While the graphics may look the same (for now), under the hood so much is being completely rewritten.

Graphics were never an issue, not for me anyway. The Arma II engine's environmental visuals are already borderline photorealistic depending on your graphics card. But it's not just standard under-the-hood mechanics that they're re-working for the standalone. Check out the checklist of changes inbound for DayZ below.

1). Server specific settings for graphics and gameplay.

2). Release thorough Steam and will contain many of Steam’s key online features

3). A smooth launch of the game, so don’t worry about the usual problems many online games face during release time.

4). Reworked controls will help players engage the environment more realistically.

5). Smoother character model animations that will give better and quicker feedback to players.

6). A wide variety of clothing options for your characters to choose from (hats, coats, pants, shoes, etc.)

7). Weapons and items will be highly customizable due to the new game engine mechanics.

8). Servers will be able to control character actions, according to player client requests.

9). Overall map design will be improved, all with new objects, buildings, areas to explore, and fixing game glitches.

10). UI with vastly improved functionality and simplicity.

Those are all great things. I can't wait to see how they work in the final version. But there is no way in a blue moon around Saturn that they're going to finish implementing all those features before December is out. Just saying. Still, an early 2013 release isn't bad and I'll definitely be one of the first in line to lay down some cash for the standalone of DayZ.

• Like 1

I'm happy and never expected it this year anyway with the disruptions, arrests and massive PR drive in the wake of the massive sucess of the mod.

And before any bitching I'm getting more value from the current mod, i dont want to spend more money, we get a more polished product and does anybody even trust dev release dates, no matter how often repeated, anyway?

Merry XMas go enjoy your presents if you are going to complain you entitled spoilt brats!

Edited by Trizzo

I think this was already pretty obvious considering it's now the 24th and Rocket and Matt are on Holiday for Christmas.

Stop with the new threads Merged.

We should make a poll what excuse Rocket will pull after christmas to delay Standalone.

• Like 1

Because if there is a stable, much less buggy version of DayZ, with much more content, that is easy to install, update etc. they would sell a ton more copies and it would shut up the majority of the naysayers....Releasing DayS SA is WIN/WIN for Bohemia.

They will sell tons of copy anyway when ever they go out with standalone. We dont have choice right now, warz is far away from dayz and they know that. We simply dont have anything similar. I dont even play dayz anymore but i will almost certainly buy standalone when it comes out. I bet many others think same thing like i do. I even more enjoy wathcing on YT others than going to play and be killed by hackers every few hours.

ARMA 2 sells more copies per month in last 6 months than in two years combined before dayz. No point talking about that, That is why arma 3 is postoponed and same thing happened with dayz. That is real life, not our expectation. I dont have anything against that just they should be more opened to us. I dont expect that they say same as i but something like "we have problems with code so game will be out in feb or mar" would be better than this what they doing. Right now we need to watch in bean and pray to god to get answers when is going to be D-Day :)

Looks like some kiddie will be getting a "Sack" full of coal this Christmas.......................

Are you one of those kids that stamps his feet until his parents give into him and he gets what he wants.? I've a solution for that a good kick in the rear... ;-]

Enjoy the holidays and dont let it stress you out.

• Like 4

Looks like some kiddie will be getting a "Sack" full of coal this Christmas.......................

Are you one of those kids that stamps his feet until his parents give into him and he gets what he wants.? I've a solution for that a good kick in the rear... ;-]

Enjoy the holidays and dont let it stress you out.

Nah, i'm 27 but you can always try harder next time.

Edited by k3lt

@ k3lt - please don't make any more stupid reports. If you're going to make comments with literally no evidence to back them up then expect people to call you out on it.

I'm off to enjoy Xmas and so are the devs.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

I think my main...beef, if you like, with how this whole thing has been handled is simply because I KNEW deep down that the Dec release was a massive ask for the team yet Rocket stood by the December release. I even started a thread a month ago on here asking if anybody else was concerned at the lack of news and how December would be a huge push. Nothing against Dean or the team however, I'm in the ''take your time - release it later when it's ready'' camp. However, I'd like SOME news on the game and how it is progressing. I know it's gonna be a alpha, so not a ''release'' as such, but some news to at least give people a better idea of a release date would be nice.

• Like 1

I think it's clear that if nothing else, the lack of conclusive information is a burden on these forums and it's staff. people sign up everyday to ask the same questions. it's easy to brush them aside with a "use the search function" or "didn't you see rocket's post on reddit", but at some point I think it's an obvious breakdown in communication

I'm not too bothered, hopefully it'll be ready in January. However it would be nice to get a small update from either Rocket or one of the other devs. Just something brief with a few screenshots.