griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

I know I can Pay online with my Bank on steam, Only payment I can actually really use. Well, I could also use Paypal but that takes 5 days for me.

It will be released on Steam. That is the only way to get it.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

today me and my group of friends were flying around in 3 helicopters...

you guys had 3 helicopters?

At the moment arma 2 CO is 50% off on steam what do u guys think ? shoul i buy it or should i wait ?

sorry for the bad englisch im german

im not interest in arma 2 itself :DD Im only very bad in waiting :DD

It will be released on Steam. That is the only way to get it.

are you making an official statement?

i dont know :P

I heard thats it is very realistic (like dayz itself) and not like other ego shooters. A lot of taktik and so on.

why hit ? :D

EDIT: OH :DD typed in less than i wanted to :DDDD should be hitman676 :D

Edited by hit

It's already been officially stated by Rocket.

a lot of things have been officially stated by Rocket. including the recent statement about "there are many forms and ways to release something"

I don't remember him saying it would "only" be on Steam

im not interest in arma 2 itself :DD Im only very bad in waiting :DD

Arma 2 is a fantastic game in itself and the Wasteland mod is the tits! In fact I've been playing it more than DayZ recently while I wait for the SA release.

a lot of things have been officially stated by Rocket. including the recent statement about "there are many forms and ways to release something"

It was officially stated long before he ever said "there are many forms and ways to release something". You may also be taking that sentence completely out of context.

He'd seemed to be speaking hypothetically, removing Steam or having a non-stem version would go against the reason why he has chosen Steam in the first place. Other forms may cost more money and hinder the development, Steamworks is used as on-line protection and convenience for the developers.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

It was officially stated long before he ever said "there are many forms and ways to release something". You may also be taking that sentence completely out of context.

well if you have sort of conflicting statements, wouldn't you go with the more recent one?

you're right I might be taking that statement out of context. that's why people have been saying they don't like these 'riddles'

He'd seemed to be speaking hypothetically, removing Steam or having a non-stem version would go against the reason why he has chosen Steam in the first place. Other forms may cost more money and hinder the development, Steamworks is used as on-line protection and convenience for the developers.

I just feel like at the moment we're kinda in limbo, and maybe it's not the time to try to make conclusive statements about the release

Edited by daze23

well if you have sort of conflicting statements, wouldn't you go with the more recent one?

you're right I might be taking that statement out of context. that's why people have been saying they don't like these 'riddles'

I'd go with the official statement until I heard otherwise.

Can't really get any more official than this:

http://dayzdev.tumbl...t-november-2012

Link to post with official release date that was missed?

I'm going on the bold assumption that it won't be out this year

maybe the full context of the statement would help:

We are still working towards a target for an initial foundation before the end of the year. But we will slip this date if needed, we will not compromise the project for the short-term gain of meeting this date. The reasons for any slippage would be publicly discussed, and would most likely represent a failure personally on my part to plan correctly.

no "official release date", but an appeal to 'openness' that's yet to be fulfilled. again, no one forced him to make these statements, but he did. and they say after you make your bed you have to lay in it...