boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

i dont know if any of you own a ps4 but at the rate ps4 games get announced as oppossed to released ...and this is not a joke if....very big if dayz even does make it to PS4 it wont be til 2016/17 at least ps4 is very slow to produce anything and to be totally honest how many people will have moved on from this game by then ...the other point you are all missing is you assume everyone has some NASA style watercooled gaming rig when a very huge population of dayz PC players are on laptops so taking that into account why wouldnt we want a wireless control and 50" plus screen to play on ..

on the piracy subject you talk as if ...currently sims 4 had 4000 seeds and 16000 leeches losing EA  millions of dollars to piracybut it is far bigger than some 

westerners downloading a game piracy is culturally ingrained into alot of cultures with a substantial  chunk of the economy coming from piracy ... i mean china has almost perfected the art of copyright infringement from high end supercars right down to bic pens so boo hoo for companys losing out to piracy it aint ever going away and to inflate prices because of potential piracy its the same speech thats given to raise income taxes or any other profit margin... certain companys had massive strangle holds on the DVD market for how long til every one found out it cost less than a $1 to copy so serves there profit margin right for being so greedy for so long ....

its all retarded money is the root of all evil but what a mad root it is ...and BI and dead hall couldnt give a rats arse whether you like the decision to cross platform or not ...and not i think about it isnt modding a game a form of piracy in itself kinda like me remaking lord of the rings but using zombies instead of orcs ..so when the mod tools for stand alone a mad public in theory isnt there going to be hundreds of quasi-pirate versions of epoch ....i would have said dayz SA but we all know what will really happen so in theory doesnt that make it right if some one pirateds dayz because it was just a re-skinned arma 2 which was re-skinned arma so its a vicious circle of plaguerism  and theft 

i just wish someone could pirate quality drugs 

Sims 4 ?... i won't even play that game for free, waste of Hard Drive space. Maybe piracy is not the problem...just Crap games that no one wants to buy.

Edited by Cpanther

I see what you're saying, but the amount of cores only matters if the game can actually make use of them. Just because the PS4's cpu has 8 cores does not mean games will make use of most of them, that's up to the devs to optimize the game correctly, and optimization does not seem to be a strong suit of DayZ devs. 

For a game like DayZ, 4 faster cores > 8 slower cores, which I why I said that CPU is more powerful. I'm talking about just DayZ, not in general

For shits and giggles I decided to do some PS4 simulations. 

I clocked an amd 8350@ 1.6ghz, used a radeon 260x (which is a rebranded 7790 which is inferior to the gpu that the ps4 has) and ran me some dayz and frapsed it. Enjoy!

*withdrawn sorry for any inconvenience* 

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

yesssss. much longer video pls :)

@melfist, if it takes til 2016/2017 then by that time current PC hardware should have dropped in price by at least half...

Current HW is more than enough to run the game, and unless the renderer includes some massive changes or optimisation falls far short, i don't see the FPS getting much worse on current Hardware.

I also don't see DayZ as being a HW benchmark system, at least not in the same vein that games like Crytek developed games are.

• Like 1

yesssss. much longer video pls :)

snip

Added a running trough field test. Currently uploading a city test.

Added a running trough field test. Currently uploading a city test.

That doesn't look bad at all. Waiting for the longer city test.

Added city test

whoops double post

Edited by Bakermensch

Thank you for doing a test baker, pretty neat results

could you post CPU Z details while the game is running, and avg FPS with settings?

could you post CPU Z details while the game is running, and avg FPS with settings?

Fine fine, now i need to underclock my cpu again :P Un momento

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

Hey DD i'm just going to post those on Musty in the topic I have there. I am always walking on eggshells here. 

• Like 1

CCP just announced that the moving Dust 514 to the PC with Project Legion after years of disappointment, and they already said that they want NOTHING to do with Sony and the PS4 .. and now BI is going to walk the same road ? Do you guys learn anything from each other ?

Dust 514 is a crappy pay to win game that's not actually open world and that game was a disappointment from the beginning because they wanted to be money grubbers and develop a crap game. you can't compare it to dayz or say that just because dayz is finally getting a chance to be on console (which was planned since last year when It came out in December ) that it's gonna fail, considering dayz didn't start off on console . it wasnt dulled down to begin with and it won't be dulled down for the console simply because we all know the devs of dayz are adamant of keeping a complex incredibly detailed game .

it's sad that many are so paranoid simply because of dozens of other companies failed to make a good game or a good online game format like dust 514 ... Get real people we know you're all trying to connect apples with oranges so you can vent your frustration of how you can't kill the glitchy zombies , but every company is different and the roads they choose have nothing to do with failing companies that tried to make a big buck to begin with instead of making it for the passion of the game . Remember were not talking about sony taking over the development of dayz , they are just the publishers , so to speak , of the console version , but that still doesn't mean they get ultimate say on what's going into the console version ...

Dean and his team have enough leverage ,because dayz is so popular , if Sony tries to yank them around and dull the game down it won't happen because they can pull out whenever they damn well please .. And if a contract is struck stating that they can't then there will be terms on the contract (I'm sure since rocket isn't business retarded) stating that the new publishers (Sony ) can't have much say over the development .

Its not sonys decision for the most part and people are seeing the jump to consoles as some "sellout move to get more money after stealing money from the PC fan base" but that's not right after all we all knew that dayz was going to console from the very beginning (December 2013) as long as it made enough sales so why is everyone so butthurt now that it's confirmed ? Why , because you're so sure that they will just stop working on the PC version ? Lol I don't think so .

In my opinion were so close to seeing all the major features implemented that everyone has wanted (zombies clipping / navmesh totally done , barricades added, building system , more complex Eco system and temperature system , persistence ,) seeing as the engine crap was what held everything back , so if we have just 2-3 months more patience we will have all the features that the big complainers complain about ..

And for those who say "well the game is still broken while they bla bla bla bla" remember it is still alpha and don't give me that "stop spewing alpha for everything " because this is THE reason why it's called ALPHA and NOT normally sold to the public , but of course the public pleaded for the standalone to be released in alpha as opposed to beta so THIS is what you get , an awesome chance to see the development progress , which were almost through the first alpha stage of , but for the ones with NO virtue of patience and for the ones that don't understand that consoles aren't the ones that destroy the game , but the game developers company itself , well all I have to say is just wait and see because im going to be loving every minute of dayz alpha on PC until the day the console version comes out , then I will play that version an additional 800+ hours and love every second of that , but if you guys wanna abandon a great project simply because of your delusional paranoia and apples and oranges , go ahead there will be more loot for me ;) .

Note: also the console version isn't supposed to be out for more than a year and a half , plenty of time to hire more staff , finish with alpha on the pc as we only have 3 more months (at least but shouldn't be anymore according to the road map , as long as they don't get dragged down by another engine issue ) .

• Like 2

Note: also the console version isn't supposed to be out for more than a year and a half , plenty of time to hire more staff , finish with alpha on the pc as we only have 3 more months (at least but shouldn't be anymore according to the road map , as long as they don't get dragged down by another engine issue ) .

Yeah and they have more than enough money to finish both the PC and console version so that's not going to be an issue.

A year and a half though? I can't imagine H1Z1 is going to take that long...

It's either going to be a good move or a bad one to release it after. Either they get "lel H1Z1 already did zombies Daisy sukz" or the zombie hype has died down and they bring it back and then some since DayZ combines zombies and deathmatch CoD mentality.

I wonder about that though, since everyone should have a headset, albeit not a fantastic one, on PS4 perhaps the in-game community might not be so awful, a lot of people get killed simply because they can't talk back and confirm friendlyness etc(however much good that is) but more importantly can't co-operate or negotiate.

You can't tell someone without a mic or if you don't have one to drop their stuff so it's better to just shoot them or so it seems.

You never know maybe people might play the game a little friendlier and get the PC version too and play the same...argh I'm crazy aren't I :P

Still though if H1Z1 can satisfy peoples need for a gritty zombie infested deathmatch DayZ might have problems so hopefully they don't release it too late I look forward to playing both hopefully the second doesn't turn the first out in to a ghost town.

The only way i could ever see this game working as it does on PC is if they include some sort of keypad for the controller 

Does anyone know/Remember the Xbox controller having that keypad attachment? 

Maybe they could add something along those lines - Although i dont know if the PS4 Controllers have any ports for such a thing :P 

I remember trying to use a controller on Dayz - i found the only downside was agility in combat. But its not the hardest thing to use in the world. 

At the same time i am questioning this decision. I still have yet to see any Zeds on the Alpha... So really for the game right now is run around looking for food that isnt rotten. I hope they arent getting ahead of themselves. 

I am at the same time quite looking forward to seeing their budget expand from this. It can only get better in the future right? a larger dev team for example.

Do people forget about contextual button mapping?

a whole new map could possibly be opened depending on what stance/state or view you're in.

That and they could just cut out a whole lot of functions for consoles and incorporate some others into a menu map similar to scrollwheel.

• Like 1

Yeah and they have more than enough money to finish both the PC and console version so that's not going to be an issue.

A year and a half though? I can't imagine H1Z1 is going to take that long...

It's either going to be a good move or a bad one to release it after. Either they get "lel H1Z1 already did zombies Daisy sukz" or the zombie hype has died down and they bring it back and then some since DayZ combines zombies and deathmatch CoD mentality.

I wonder about that though, since everyone should have a headset, albeit not a fantastic one, on PS4 perhaps the in-game community might not be so awful, a lot of people get killed simply because they can't talk back and confirm friendlyness etc(however much good that is) but more importantly can't co-operate or negotiate.

You can't tell someone without a mic or if you don't have one to drop their stuff so it's better to just shoot them or so it seems.

You never know maybe people might play the game a little friendlier and get the PC version too and play the same...argh I'm crazy aren't I :P

Still though if H1Z1 can satisfy peoples need for a gritty zombie infested deathmatch DayZ might have problems so hopefully they don't release it too late I look forward to playing both hopefully the second doesn't turn the first out in to a ghost town.

People uses the mic "less" in consoles...just because everyone have a mic doesn't means that everyone "uses" a mic. By personal experience PC gamers are more comfortable using mics than console gamers..simply because console gamers have a more "single player" mentality, and PC gamers have a more "multi-player" mentality. If you think everyone is going to "communicate" more in a console... you are wrong... so wrong...

simply because console gamers have a more "single player" mentality........... WTF ? i have both, just cause i have a mike does not mean i wish to talk to every one. Squeaker's, Asshats, Wankers, and generally any one who carries on like a Idiot i certainly do not wish to communicate with. But stating that "Console Player's" have a "Single Player Mentality" is a bit excessive and i think a "PC Master Race" statement and a ill informed one at that. And why would we use it less ? i use it everyday............. hmmmmm MythBusted. Oh and i will play DayZ on "Both" platforms

simply because console gamers have a more "single player" mentality........... WTF ? i have both, just cause i have a mike does not mean i wish to talk to every one. Squeaker's, Asshats, Wankers, and generally any one who carries on like a Idiot i certainly do not wish to communicate with. But stating that "Console Player's" have a "Single Player Mentality" is a bit excessive and i think a "PC Master Race" statement and a ill informed one at that. And why would we use it less ? i use it everyday............. hmmmmm MythBusted. Oh and i will play DayZ on "Both" platforms

I have a PS3, Xbox360, Xbox, PS2, PS1, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast... and other crap... i won't exactly call myself a "PC Master Race".. more like...Master Gamer Race ?...

People uses the mic "less" in consoles...just because everyone have a mic doesn't means that everyone "uses" a mic. By personal experience PC gamers are more comfortable using mics than console gamers..simply because console gamers have a more "single player" mentality, and PC gamers have a more "multi-player" mentality. If you think everyone is going to "communicate" more in a console... you are wrong... so wrong...

The heck are you even talking about?

That isn't true at all, the only reason console gamers use mics less is because they play games that don't need them as much, you don't need one for CoD since it's not a team game at all, you don't need one for Battlefield since there's team based commands anyway and most other games are either single player anyway or aren't remotely team based.

For a while yeah maybe people won't use it but once they realize standing and typing "Are you friendly?" gets them killed nearly 100% of the time they're going to dig out their mic from wherever it may be.

Or those of us who've played it on PC already should know that it's necessary due to the mentality of almost everyone in the game.

The heck are you even talking about?

That isn't true at all, the only reason console gamers use mics less is because they play games that don't need them as much, you don't need one for CoD since it's not a team game at all, you don't need one for Battlefield since there's team based commands anyway and most other games are either single player anyway or aren't remotely team based.

For a while yeah maybe people won't use it but once they realize standing and typing "Are you friendly?" gets them killed nearly 100% of the time they're going to dig out their mic from wherever it may be.

Or those of us who've played it on PC already should know that it's necessary due to the mentality of almost everyone in the game.

So... why all MMO's fails miserably in Consoles ? When i said i talking by "personal" experience.. i meant that...Consoles and multi-player games don't mix well.

So... why all MMO's fails miserably in Consoles ? When i said i talking by "personal" experience.. i meant that...Consoles and multi-player games don't mix well.

Because until the new consoles they've all been watered down versions of the PC ones since obviously last gen was grossly inferior to even the poor mans PC plus there weren't even that many good ones that tried to go on it. Most notably FF14 which seemed to do decently well or at least whenever I played there were thousands of people on at once on PS3 and most servers were completely full.

Warframe and Destiny are doing great on the new gen consoles too and there's plenty hype about future MMO's.

They're just not something that typically go well with consoles due to the lack of a keyboard but since every single X1 and PS4 owner should have a basic headset they no longer require one which is probably one reason why MMO's are doing alright now along with being fine mechanically rather than looking like crap or running like stale crap.

Because until the new consoles they've all been watered down versions of the PC ones since obviously last gen was grossly inferior to even the poor mans PC plus there weren't even that many good ones that tried to go on it. Most notably FF14 which seemed to do decently well or at least whenever I played there were thousands of people on at once on PS3 and most servers were completely full.

Warframe and Destiny are doing great on the new gen consoles too and there's plenty hype about future MMO's.

They're just not something that typically go well with consoles due to the lack of a keyboard but since every single X1 and PS4 owner should have a basic headset they no longer require one which is probably one reason why MMO's are doing alright now along with being fine mechanically rather than looking like crap or running like stale crap.

Actually, both of that games are doing well for "Console" standards... so you are right. But they aren't doing so well compared to PC standards. In fact, i expecting Destiny in the PC in maybe a year or so, when the console hype starts to die off. Console gamers move the "next big thing" very fast.....

I have a Sega Saturn,

Jealous

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

Actually, both of that games are doing well for "Console" standards... so you are right. But they aren't doing so well compared to PC standards. In fact, i expecting Destiny in the PC in maybe a year or so, when the console hype starts to die off. Console gamers move the "next big thing" very fast.....

I don't see what's so bad about that compared to playing the same game constantly like with WoW or games from the dark ages, is it not better to play a lot of games? No game is so good it warrants only playing it so there's nothing wrong with hopping on to other games when the one you were playing got stale which basically every MMO does since like 90% of the gameplay is grinding for exp etc.

I certainly prefer to blast through games then take on the next exciting challenge(which usually fails to be a challenge) whilst every so often playing previous games be they either worthy or long lasting experience such as multiplayer based.

... more broken controllers :D

A controller can't replace a keyboard, especially in dayz.

The one thing i worry about the implementation of looking over the shoulder whilst running. I need that. I miss it in other games a lot